There are some interesting quotes going around about Brock Lesnar right now in anticipation of his UFC debut tonight against Frank Mir.

First, we have this little nugget of info from Dave Meltzer of Yahoo!:

This week brought a few other surprises. The first is that Lesnar has a freakish reach for a man of his height. The second is he is only the second man in the history of combat sports in Nevada to wear size 4XL gloves, the other being South Korean giant Choi Hong-man, who is 7-3 and 367 pounds.

Say what you want about Lesnar’s striking ability, but to have such a large impact zone with your fists attached to a healthy reach says to me that he has a lot of potential as a puncher.

The fact that he has a short, thick neck also suggests to me that there’s the distinct possibility he could have a solid chin as well. The less your head jerks back when you get hit, the easier it is to retain your equilibrium. No, that isn’t a scientific fact but I’ve done some field research of my own.

I don’t think we’ll see all that much of Lesnar’s striking ability tonight, but I really believe he has the potential to be a threat on his feet in the future.

According to Meltzer, Lesnar was the taller of the two at the weigh-ins even though he’s only listed at 6’2.5” while Mir is listed as 6’4”.

Meltzer also breaks the news of what both fighters are due to be paid:

Lesnar is guaranteed $250,000, the highest of anyone on the show, plus has a $200,000 win bonus. Generally speaking, most UFC headliners earn substantially more than their contracted guarantees. Mir, who has a chance to revitalize his career with a win, has a $40,000 guarantee with a $40,000 win bonus.

While I’m picking Lesnar to win and pick up that $200,000 bonus, current UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture isn’t so sure, according to a quote attributed to him in the Los Angeles Times:

Obviously I have a lot of respect for Brock Lesnar’s wrestling ability. He was an NCAA champion, which is an elite group of individuals. I don’t think it was a wise choice to jump in and fight a former heavyweight champion.

Couture forgets more about fighting than I actually know. I realize I am in no position to question his expertise. But let’s just say we agree to disagree. Mir was heavyweight champion at a time when the UFC’s heavyweight division was less than stellar. And in his prime, Mir lost to Ian Freeman and got pushed by Wes Sims. I respect Mir but I think his reign over the UFC’s heavyweight division is being embellished.

I also really think Mir is a good opponent selection for him. Lesnar wanted a name opponent and with a $250,000 guarantee, putting him in there with a no-name doesn’t make sense financially for the UFC. They need him to draw immediately at that kind of rate. So if you’re going to put him in there with a name guy, why not Mir?

Anyone who has ability is a threat to beat anyone. But of all the possible ways to win vs. Lesnar, I think Mir’s options are fewer than a lot other name fighters in the UFC right now.

UFC 203 CM Punk and Mickey Gall Media Conference Call Audio Replay

Former WWE Superstar CM Punk and his Octagon debut opponent, Mickey Gall, fielded questions from the media in a UFC 203 conference call. read news >>

UFC 203 Countdown Video: CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall

Former WWE star CM Punk grapples with the reality of his long-awaited Octagon debut, as his young opponent Mickey Gall prepares to step into the spotlight. read news >>

CM Punk's UFC Debut: Definitive TImeline of Ex-WWE Star's Long Road to UFC 203

The day is nearly upon us. Five-time world champion in the WWE CM Punk is finally, finally going to step into the Octagon at UFC 203 on Saturday. Nearly three years removed from professional wrestlin read news >>

CM Punk Knew When He Quit WWE That He Was Going to Fight (UFC 203 Video)

The day he told Vince McMahon that he quit the WWE, CM Punk says, "I knew I was gonna fight." read news >>

CM Punk: The 7 Moments That Led Him to WWE Stardom and to UFC 203

CM Punk achieved some of the greatest feats in professional wrestling, working his way from Illinois bingo halls to tightly packed football stadiums and putting on some of the best matches in history read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson UFC 204 Rematch Sold Out in Minutes | MMAWeekly.com

Tickets for the UFC 204 rematch between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson went on sale Friday. They were gone in minutes. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

CM Punk Revisits the Night He Quit WWE | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 5 of UFC 203 Embedded, CM Punk revisits the night he quit the WWE, while Alistair Overeem schools Mickey Gall. read news >>

CM Punk: What do the Legends of Wrestling Think of His UFC Debut? | MMAWeekly.com

There's a lot of criticism of CM Punk's move from WWE to the UFC. So what do wrestling legends like Hulk Hogan, Brett Hart and others think of it? read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>