A planned UFC 151 welterweight contest between Kyle Noke and Charlie Brenneman has found a new home at UFC 152.

Promotion officials recently confirmed that the bout has been moved to the Sept. 22 event, which takes place at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Additionally, Sean Pierson now awaits a new opponent after foe Dan Miller withdrew from their pairing. UFC 152 is headlined by a light heavyweight title collision pitting Jon Jones against Vitor Belfort and will also feature a flyweight title tilt between Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez in the evening’s co-main event.

Noke, 32, makes his welterweight debut against Brenneman after dropping back-to-back bouts at 185 pounds, submitting to Ed Herman last year before suffering a unanimous decision defeat to Andrew Craig on March 3 at UFC on FX 2.

Brenneman, 31, has struggled to find consistency in the UFC’s deep welterweight waters, posting a promotional record of 4-3 in his two years with the promotion. “The Spaniard” last competed on June 8 at UFC on FX 3, submitting to an Erick Silva rear-naked choke in the first round.

Pierson was also last seen at UFC on FX 3, where he rebounded from consecutive losses to take a unanimous decision from Jake Hecht. Prior to that victory, “The Punisher” had dropped bouts to Jake Ellenberger and Dong Hyun Kim to go winless in 2011.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Undefeated Jonathan Meunier Replaces Teammate, Makes Debut at UFC Ottawa

  • 19 days ago
  • 11 views

Unbeaten Canadian prospect Jonathan Meunier will replace his injured Tristar teammate Alex Garcia at UFC Fight Night 89 against Colby Covington. It will be Meunier's promotional debut. UFC officials read news >>

Mike Arrant Replaces Injured Thiago Meller, Faces John Howard at WSOF 31

  • 14 days ago
  • 6 views

World Series of Fighting announced today that Thiago Meller has withdrawn from his scheduled welterweight contest against John Howard, who will now face Mike Arrant at WSOF 31. read news >>

Michael Bisping Says He Would 'Snap' Conor McGregor's Neck in UFC Fight

  • 8 days ago
  • 316 views

UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping has said he would “snap” Conor McGregor's neck if he ever moved up to 185 pounds, while expressing his admiration for the Notorious. The 37-year-old joked ab read news >>

Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira Moved to UFC 202, Cowboy Cerrone vs. Rick Story Added to Fight Card

  • 2 days ago
  • 26 views

The UFC announced on Monday that the light heavyweight bout between contenders Anthony Johnson and Glover Teixeira, originally scheduled for July 23, will now be the UFC 202 co-main event. read news >>