As Strikeforce’s final show approaches on Jan. 12, the list of fighters that will eventually transition to the UFC is still not set in stone.

One fighter in particular that is on everyone’s radar is former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett, who fights Nandor Guelmino at the final Strikeforce show. No one knows, however, if he will make the move back to the Octagon, even with a victory.

Over the years, UFC president Dana White‘s relationship with Barnett hasn’t been the best, and as of last weekend he still wasn’t positive what the future held for the former champion once Strikeforce closed its doors on Jan. 13.

“I don’t know, we’ll find out soon though,” White answered when asked about Barnett.

For his part, Barnett isn’t stressing about a possible future in the UFC because he still has a test in front of him on Jan. 12. When it’s over, if the UFC is the best place for him to land then he’ll land there, and if not then there are plenty of places for him to go and crack a few heads.

“I’m here to fight, that’s what I do. The rest of it, I’m sure there’s always a spot for me around the world to go beat people up,” Barnett told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I think it’s great that they’re asking about it, all the folks that are buzzing around the internet and otherwise putting that out in the air, that’s fantastic. I am not thinking at all about the UFC or anything other than fighting right now. That is stuff that doesn’t matter until you’ve gone out there and won your fight.”

Barnett says after Jan. 12 is done and gone he’ll leave negotiations up to his management team, and if the UFC is the best place for him to go, then that’s where he will sign.

“At that point, I’m sure my management will do the best to put me in the place where I belong, if that is the best fit for me at the time,” Barnett said about the UFC.

Admittedly, Barnett knows there are a lot of challenges for him in the heavyweight division in the UFC, and he’s a guy who loves a good fight.

“I know there is a lot of good competition in the UFC, and I’d like to take them out and not to dinner,” said Barnett.

While Barnett’s focus remains on his upcoming fight, he does notice the amount of fans championing his cause to get back in the UFC. It doesn’t go unnoticed, but Barnett can only concern himself with what he can control and that’s being in the best shape possible and ready to fight at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine in Oklahoma City.

“When I get in the ring, I do it for me and me alone. I know the business aspect and what it means for the fan participation part of it, and I’m very appreciative of it, but I think the best way I can serve this entire system is to be the best possible me I can be, and to focus on being as sincere and brutal as possible,” said Barnett.

“Everything else will fall in line.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for up-to-the-minute Strikeforce news and fight coverage.

Ex-champ B.J. Penn ends retirement, but UFC boss still unsure on details

As expected former two-division champ and 2015 UFC Hall of Fame inductee B.J. Penn has ended his retirement. What’s next, though? That’s still to be determined.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

BJ Penn Officially Ends UFC Retirement: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC Hall of Famer and former two-division champion BJ Penn officially announced his return to the Octagon on Tuesday. Per an interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani (via MMAFighting's Shaun Al-S read news >>

GFL Video: Vintage footage of Josh Barnett smashing 'Mondragon'

Former UFC heavyweight champion [autotag]Josh Barnett[/autotag] has had a few ups and downs in his career, but one thing is for sure: Put "The Warmaster" up against a fighter with anything less than read news >>

UFC Road to the Octagon: Josh Barnett vs. Ben Rothwell

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett and Ben Rothwell both stand to gain a lot with a win at UFC Fight Night Newark in the co-main event. read news >>

Video: Josh Barnett media lunch in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES – On Monday, former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett spoke with media in Los Angeles prior to his departure for New Jersey, where he meets Ben Rothwell at UFC on FOX 18. Check out th read news >>

VIDEO: Forlorn Josh Barnett Says He’ll Fight Stipe Miocic at UFC 196

You want a heavyweight championship at UFC 196 after both champion and challenger have been forced to withdraw due to injury? Josh Barnett is your man. read news >>

Video: Josh Barnett media lunch in Los Angeles – Part 2, after the Werdum news

LOS ANGELES – Josh Barnett was eating a ribeye when he found out Fabricio Werdum had pulled out of his planned UFC 196 title defense. Once “The Warmaster” finished his perfectly marbled steak, he sha read news >>

Josh Barnett doesn't blame Werdum for UFC 196 withdrawal, but not buying the excuse

LOS ANGELES – Josh Barnett was speaking to the media at a Monday luncheon ahead of his UFC on FOX 18 matchup with Ben Rothwell when news broke that Fabricio Werdum had pulled out of the UFC 196 main read news >>

Barnett breaks down Rothwell: 'This is a guy who did lose to Mark Hunt – on the ground'

Josh Barnett gives kudos to Ben Rothwell for winning three straight fights in the UFC’s octagon. The way he sees it, up was the only direction his fellow heavyweight could go.Filed under: Featured Vi read news >>

VIDEO: Josh Barnett Breaks into Pro Wrestling Routine at UFC on FOX Open Workouts

Josh Barnett is the UFC open workout GOAT and this video is further evidence. read news >>