Jon Jones UFC
Now that Anderson Silva’s grudge match with Chael Sonnen has been shifted to UFC 148 on July 7 in Las Vegas, that leaves a vacancy for the main event for UFC 147 in Brazil.

UFC President Dana White announced on Tuesday that UFC 147 will still take place in the South American country on June 23, but as of right now no venue or location has been secured for the event.

Ultimate Fighter Brasil coaches Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva along with the TUF Brasil finale will still take place on the card, as well as a heavyweight match-up between Fabricio Werdum and Mike Russow.

The new wrinkle added to the UFC 147 picture was the possible inclusion of native son Jose Aldo, who may be shifted to the card to headline as the new main event star.

“We talked about moving Jose (Aldo) down to this card here, it’s probably going to happen. We’re working with his camp right now,” said White on Tuesday.

Originally, Aldo was set to be part of the main event for UFC 149 in Calgary on July 21, but with the new opening on the Brazil card, the UFC’s featherweight champion appears headed for home.

The only thing to determine now is who would be his opponent.

Due to the timing, the most likely candidate would appear to be Duke Roufus trained fighter Erik Koch, who is coming back from injury, but could get the slot against Aldo on the UFC 147 card should things shake out right. Koch most recently defeated former Ultimate Fighter winner Jonathan Brookins, before an injury sidelined him from a bout against Dustin Poirier at UFC 143 in February.

If Aldo does get shifted to the UFC 147 main event, that then leaves UFC 149 in Calgary without a headline fight, but that could be cured should the cards align for a monster light heavyweight title bout to land in Canada instead.

“Dan Henderson and (Jon) Jones could be a possibility (for UFC 149),” White stated. Obviously, Jones just fought his first five round fight, his hands are sore, all the things that go along with coming out of a fight like that. We’ve got to give him a few weeks to see how he feels, then we’ll figure out what the main event’s going to be in Calgary.

“But that would be awesome, if we could make that fight, that would be great.”

Jones defeated Rashad Evans last weekend at UFC 145, and it was announced after the event that former Strikeforce and Pride champion Dan Henderson would get the next crack at the champion in 2012.

If Jones is healed up in time, it appears his bout with Henderson could be headed to Calgary to headline UFC 149 in July.

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on both cards as they come available.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White Says Jose Aldo Will Be Fighting Conor McGregor (Video)

  • 27 days ago
  • 189 views

UFC president Dana White talks about the unveiling of the UFC Fight Kits by Reebok, whether or not Jose Aldo will be fighting at UFC 189, and Yoel Romero's comments. read news >>

'Disappointed' Dana White explains reason Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes is for interim belt: 'Jose Aldo has pulled out o

  • 27 days ago
  • 3170 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, flanked by his 145-pound Golden Goose, Conor McGregor, were featured on ESPN earlier this evening to announce that Featherweight champion, J read news >>

Dana White on Jose Aldo's withdrawal: 'We spent a lot of money promoting that fight, it's disappointing'

  • 27 days ago
  • 103 views

A disappointed Dana White discusses Jose Aldo's removal from UFC 189. Fears of Jose Aldo's withdrawal from UFC 189 have come to life as it was announced yesterday that the featherweight champ will no read news >>

Dana White: UFC 189 passed U.S. gate record following McGregor-Mendes announcement

  • 20 days ago
  • 40 views

The sense of disappointment when Jose Aldo had to drop out of his scheduled UFC 189 main event against Conor McGregor due to a broken rib was widespread. But the idea this would be a deathblow proved read news >>

Dana White: Jose Aldo 'probably would have made close to four million' at UFC 189

  • 20 days ago
  • 33 views

The UFC president was a guest on The Russillo Show on ESPN Radio on Tuesday (July 7, 2015) and he disclosed just how much money Jose Aldo was set to earn at UFC 189. Jose Aldo may have withdrawn from read news >>

Morning Report: Dana White says Jose Aldo 'probably would have made close to four million' at UFC 189

  • 20 days ago
  • 9 views

As if featherweight champion Jose Aldo couldn't feel any lower, apparently his absence at UFC 189 has only added to the appeal. At least that's the line UFC president Dana White is going with. Accord read news >>

Dana White reveals that Jose Aldo would have ‘probably would've made close to $4 million’

  • 19 days ago
  • 5 views

UFC President Dana White reveals that Jose Aldo was set to make close to $4 million at UFC 189. Prior to Jose Aldo's withdrawal from the highly anticipated UFC 189 event, it was clear that the feathe read news >>

Dana White: UFC 189 more successful without Jose Aldo, will be 'bigger than UFC 100'

  • 18 days ago
  • 10 views

I guess Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White had no reason to be "disappointed" after all. That's because the UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which takes place on Saturday nigh read news >>

UFC 100? UFC 189 is bigger according to Dana White

  • 18 days ago
  • 3 views

Despite Jose Aldo pulling out UFC 189, Dana White claims that it's still the biggest event of the year and perhaps ever. Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo was hailed as the biggest fight of the year. So g read news >>

Dana White: Jose Aldo 'did not have a broken rib,' the x-rays he released showed an 'old injury'

  • 17 days ago
  • 307 views

LAS VEGAS -- Dana White doubled down Friday on the idea that Jose Aldo withdrew from UFC 189's main event against Conor McGregor with a bruised rib and damaged cartilage, and not the broken rib many read news >>