Donald Cerrone vs James Krause WEC 41Former WEC welterweight “The” James Krause is on a roll, having won six fights in a row capped off by an impressive 2012 where he feels he showcased some of his best performances to date.

“I like to show everybody what I’m all about and I think I did that (last year),” said Krause. “I think I’ve done a good job of showing the evolution of my game.

“I feel that I’ve improved so much over this past year and I’m a different guy now. I feel like I’ve come so far and I’ve completed my game and fixed my holes that I had before and have come full circle and become a complete fighter.”

In particular, Krause feels one aspect of his game has grown considerably in the last year thanks to a new teammate at K2L Grindhouse.

“My wrestling has grown leaps and bounds from where it was, even from six months ago,” Krause told MMAWeekly.com. “Tim Elliott is part of the team now and I think I’ve picked up those little tiny movements and that gritty, grimy wrestling type of between fighting that Tim’s so good at.”

Krause will kick off 2013 in a rematch with Toby Imada at Friday’s Resurrection Fighting Alliance 6 in Kansas City, Kan., airing live on AXS TV.

“I don’t feel like he’s evolved with me,” said Krause of Imada. “He’s kind of stayed the same the past two or three years since we’ve fought.

“If he’s goes into this fight that he’s fighting the same James Krause he fought two or three years ago, it’s going to be a big mistake on his part. I don’t think this is going to be a walk in the park for me, but for anybody to think I’m the same guy I was even five or six months ago is crazy. I think he’s smart enough to know that, whether he admits to it or not, I think he knows I’m way better than when we fought last.”

While Krause feels he’s changed since their first fought in April of 2010, there are some things he’s taking from their first bout to apply to his strategy for Friday’s rematch.

“Obviously there are some things that I’m watching for from the first fight, like how heavy he is on top and how I don’t want to be underneath him,” said Krause. “I’m prepared to get back up, prepared to stop the takedowns, and I feel like I’m complete.

“I’m just using the first one to pick and choose a couple positions that I don’t want to be in, and then the rest of it is just being healthy, having a good weight cut and a great camp – which I’ve had.”

Now that he’s established himself as a top welterweight prospect, there’s only one place Krause sees himself going this year.

“In a perfect world, I’m in the UFC after this next fight,” he said. “They called me to fight Yves Edwards when he fought (Jeremy) Stevens, they ended up giving Stevens the fight instead of me… so I know I’m on their radar.

“I’ve basically been in training since November, so I need a couple weeks off to have fun with it again and not have to be balls-to-the-wall in the gym all the time. So I’m prepared to wait it out if I have to.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC and MMA news and updates.

UFC 201 Video: Rose Namajunas Feeling Confident Heading into Karolina Kowalkiewicz Fight

Strawweight contender Rose Namajunas made an attitude adjustment following her last fight and is feeling confident heading into bout with Karolina Kowalkiewicz. read news >>

UFC 201 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC Fight Night 92

UFC 201 is in the books. The results are as follows (via Bleacher Report's Nathan McCarter): Tyron Woodley defeats Robbie Lawler by KO at 2:12 of the first round Karolina Kowalkiewicz defeats Rose Na read news >>

Desmond Green Aiming for Big Finishes, as He Pushes for a UFC Contract

Heading into Titan FC 40, Desmond Green is looking to finish fights in devastating fashion, in hopes of making the move to the UFC. read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Announced: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Rafael Dos Anjos will face Tony Ferguson in a five-round lightweight clash in the headline bout of the UFC's event at Mexico City's Arena Ciudad de Mexico on Saturday, November 5. UFC Europe relayed read news >>

Cris Cyborg Reportedly to Headline UFC Fight Night 95 in Brazil

Despite holding the Invicta FC featherweight title, it appears that Cris "Cyborg" Justino's next fight will be in the UFC Octagon. read news >>

UFC Confirms Cris Cyborg Brasilia Headliner, Silva vs. Thatch, and Several Other Bouts

UFC officials confirmed Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg would headline UFC Fight Night 95, as well as announced several other bouts for the fight card. read news >>

A Wealth of Experience Gives Jose Torres Confidence Heading into Titan FC 40 Showdown

Jose Torres may be short on pro experience, but his plethora of amateur fights has him feeling confident heading into Titan FC 40 on UFC Fight Pass. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Returning to UFC in September to Headline Fight Night Event

Cris "Cyborg" Justino is coming back! After a few months of uncertainty, the former Strikeforce featherweight champion, current Invicta FC featherweight champion and longtime arch-rival to Ronda Rous read news >>

UFC Fight Night 92 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into Diaz vs. McGregor 2

UFC Fight Night 92 is in the books. The results are as follows (via Bleacher Report's very own Craig Amos): UFC Fight Night 92 Main Card on Fox Sports 1 Yair Rodríguez def. Alex Caceres, split-decisi read news >>

RFA 42 Gets New Headliner

Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA) president Ed Soares announced on Friday that there has been a change at the top of RFA 42 read news >>