Jacob Volkmann made headlines in 2011 for criticizing President Barack Obama, but he’s found a new target ahead of his bout Saturday against Paul Sass at UFC 146.

“I’ve got a new enemy in mind right now,” Volkmann told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

When asked about that enemy, Volkmann indicated fans will find out who it is at UFC 146. He added that it is an organization, not an opponent, and then he didn’t hesitate to criticize how he has been matched in the UFC.

“I’ve got five wins in a row now and I still don’t even have a top-20 [opponent],” Volkmann said. “You can go from there. I’ve never had a top-20 guy yet.”

Volkmann dropped his first two bouts in the UFC, but he won the next five, all via decision. He thinks his style, however, has hurt him when it comes to moving up the promotion’s ranks.

“They don’t like my style, the more technical kind of ground game,” Volkmann said. “I haven’t finished a fight, too. That’s another thing that has to do with me not getting a top-10 [opponent].”

Volkmann’s fight against Sass is scheduled for the preliminary card. He said no one from the UFC has approached him directly to discuss his style, but he’s certain the way he wins is why he’s on the undercard.

“Dana White, I think it was before [I fought] Efrain Escudero, he said in the back before the fight started, after the weigh-ins, he was saying the people that are on the main card are there for a reason: because they finish fights,” Volkmann said. “It’s pretty much well known why people are on the main card.”

With that said, Volkmann actually understands the UFC’s reasoning.

“I think it sucks, but it’s kind of fair because they’ve got to pay their bills too,” he said. “They’ve got to make the crowd excited. The people that pay for the pay-per-views, they want to try to keep them coming back and throwing what they think are the most exciting fights.”

Of course, Volkmann could change and make his style more entertaining for fans, but he doesn’t plan on it.

“I’m not going to try to cater to them because what I’m doing is winning,” he said. “I’m going to stick to what works for me. I’m a wrestler. I’m going to take the guy down and I’m going to try to submit him. That’s my strength, and I’m going to stick with that.”

As a consequence, he realizes a loss to Sass could cost him his job in the UFC. That means he needs to make his five-fight win streak a six-fight win streak, or he might have to find another promotion to compete in.

“If I lose, I’m pretty sure they’ll cut me, to be honest,” Volkmann said. “They don’t like my style.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:03).

Veteran Fighter Blas Avena Found Dead, Police Suspect Suicide

Thirty-two-year-old mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found deceased in his apartment. Police are investigating his passing as a possible suicide. read news >>

Blas Avena, Former MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 32

Former Bellator and WEC mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found dead at the age of 32 in his Las Vegas apartment just before noon PT on Wednesday, per TMZ Sports. The Las Vegas Metro Police Departm read news >>

Invicta FC 17 Weigh-in Results and Video: Dual Title Fights Set

Check out the Invicta FC 17: Evinger vs. Schneider weigh-in results and video replay ahead of Saturday night's event in California. read news >>

Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Chiesa Headlines UFC’s South Dakota Debut

A lightweight battle between Top 10 fighters Tony Ferguson and Michael Chiesa will headline UFC Fight Night 91. read news >>

Saad Awad Going Back to His Roots for Cyborg Fight

Looking too far ahead cost Saad Awad in the bast, but now, getting back to his roots, he's more than ready for Cyborg at Bellator 154. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

Barnaoui vs. Gamrot will go ahead says KSW - MMA Plus

Despite M-1 Global filing a lawsuit against KSW and Mansour Barnaoui, the Polish promotion affirm the Frenchman will remain on the KSW 35 card this Friday. read news >>

Waiting in MMA’s Shadow, Asa Ten Pow Forging Ahead at Lion Fight 29

MMA isn't out of the picture for Asa Ten Pow, it's merely waiting in the wings. In the meantime, Ten Pow fights at Friday's Lion Fight 29 kickboxing event. read news >>

Miocic-Overeem Headlines UFC 203 in Cleveland

Hello Cleveland! After bringing his hometown its first major pro sports championship in 52 years, Stipe Mioic will defend his UFC heavyweight title for the first time at home on Saturday, September 1 read news >>