Jacob Volkmann made headlines in 2011 for criticizing President Barack Obama, but he’s found a new target ahead of his bout Saturday against Paul Sass at UFC 146.

“I’ve got a new enemy in mind right now,” Volkmann told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

When asked about that enemy, Volkmann indicated fans will find out who it is at UFC 146. He added that it is an organization, not an opponent, and then he didn’t hesitate to criticize how he has been matched in the UFC.

“I’ve got five wins in a row now and I still don’t even have a top-20 [opponent],” Volkmann said. “You can go from there. I’ve never had a top-20 guy yet.”

Volkmann dropped his first two bouts in the UFC, but he won the next five, all via decision. He thinks his style, however, has hurt him when it comes to moving up the promotion’s ranks.

“They don’t like my style, the more technical kind of ground game,” Volkmann said. “I haven’t finished a fight, too. That’s another thing that has to do with me not getting a top-10 [opponent].”

Volkmann’s fight against Sass is scheduled for the preliminary card. He said no one from the UFC has approached him directly to discuss his style, but he’s certain the way he wins is why he’s on the undercard.

“Dana White, I think it was before [I fought] Efrain Escudero, he said in the back before the fight started, after the weigh-ins, he was saying the people that are on the main card are there for a reason: because they finish fights,” Volkmann said. “It’s pretty much well known why people are on the main card.”

With that said, Volkmann actually understands the UFC’s reasoning.

“I think it sucks, but it’s kind of fair because they’ve got to pay their bills too,” he said. “They’ve got to make the crowd excited. The people that pay for the pay-per-views, they want to try to keep them coming back and throwing what they think are the most exciting fights.”

Of course, Volkmann could change and make his style more entertaining for fans, but he doesn’t plan on it.

“I’m not going to try to cater to them because what I’m doing is winning,” he said. “I’m going to stick to what works for me. I’m a wrestler. I’m going to take the guy down and I’m going to try to submit him. That’s my strength, and I’m going to stick with that.”

As a consequence, he realizes a loss to Sass could cost him his job in the UFC. That means he needs to make his five-fight win streak a six-fight win streak, or he might have to find another promotion to compete in.

“If I lose, I’m pretty sure they’ll cut me, to be honest,” Volkmann said. “They don’t like my style.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:03).

Middleweight Title Bout Headlines ONE: Ascent To Power

Two undefeated Russian middleweights headline ONE: Ascent To Power, as Vitaly Bigdash will be making the first defense of his middleweight belt. read news >>

Anastasia Yankova on how she got started fighting and found her way to Bellator

Recent Bellator signee Anastasia Yankova remembers watching Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua fight and thinking they were superhuman.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 4: UFC Boy Band, Snowboarding, and Prospects Found

During episode 4 of Looking' for a Fight, UFC president Dana White, former champion Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Minneapolis to scout a heavyweight prospect. read news >>

Tony Ferguson injury scraps UFC on FOX 19 main event vs. Nurmagomedov; Evans-Teixeira headlines

An injury has scrapped another UFC main event less than two weeks before the fight. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Tony Ferguson Injured; Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Now Headlines UFC on FOX 19 Main Event

Tony Ferguson is out of his scheduled UFC on FOX 19 headlining bout opposite Khabib Nurmagomedov. read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>

Mike Dolce: After coaches meeting, Ronda Rousey plotting return and 'world domination'

This past month, renowned MMA nutritionist Mike Dolce found himself in Los Angeles for a “coaches meeting” with longtime client Ronda Rousey.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch

Wednesday marked the three-year anniversary of Conor McGregor's induction into the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and The Notorious made sure to remind his peers of the date prior to hi read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch