Jacob Volkmann made headlines in 2011 for criticizing President Barack Obama, but he’s found a new target ahead of his bout Saturday against Paul Sass at UFC 146.

“I’ve got a new enemy in mind right now,” Volkmann told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

When asked about that enemy, Volkmann indicated fans will find out who it is at UFC 146. He added that it is an organization, not an opponent, and then he didn’t hesitate to criticize how he has been matched in the UFC.

“I’ve got five wins in a row now and I still don’t even have a top-20 [opponent],” Volkmann said. “You can go from there. I’ve never had a top-20 guy yet.”

Volkmann dropped his first two bouts in the UFC, but he won the next five, all via decision. He thinks his style, however, has hurt him when it comes to moving up the promotion’s ranks.

“They don’t like my style, the more technical kind of ground game,” Volkmann said. “I haven’t finished a fight, too. That’s another thing that has to do with me not getting a top-10 [opponent].”

Volkmann’s fight against Sass is scheduled for the preliminary card. He said no one from the UFC has approached him directly to discuss his style, but he’s certain the way he wins is why he’s on the undercard.

“Dana White, I think it was before [I fought] Efrain Escudero, he said in the back before the fight started, after the weigh-ins, he was saying the people that are on the main card are there for a reason: because they finish fights,” Volkmann said. “It’s pretty much well known why people are on the main card.”

With that said, Volkmann actually understands the UFC’s reasoning.

“I think it sucks, but it’s kind of fair because they’ve got to pay their bills too,” he said. “They’ve got to make the crowd excited. The people that pay for the pay-per-views, they want to try to keep them coming back and throwing what they think are the most exciting fights.”

Of course, Volkmann could change and make his style more entertaining for fans, but he doesn’t plan on it.

“I’m not going to try to cater to them because what I’m doing is winning,” he said. “I’m going to stick to what works for me. I’m a wrestler. I’m going to take the guy down and I’m going to try to submit him. That’s my strength, and I’m going to stick with that.”

As a consequence, he realizes a loss to Sass could cost him his job in the UFC. That means he needs to make his five-fight win streak a six-fight win streak, or he might have to find another promotion to compete in.

“If I lose, I’m pretty sure they’ll cut me, to be honest,” Volkmann said. “They don’t like my style.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:03).

UFC on FOX 21 Results: Jim Miller Edges Ahead of Joe Lauzon to Take the Rematch

Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon’s rematch at UFC on FOX 21 in Vancouver on Saturday was another classic, but the result was the same, a victory for Miller. read news >>

Secret weapons give Shelton boost ahead of Ultimate Fighter debut

Caged Aggression champion Eric Shelton has an edge going into The Ultimate Fighter season 24, sage advice from UFC veteran Pete Spratt and Hall of Famer Pat Miletich. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Mickey Gall and Rob Dyrdek

Mickey Gall calls in ahead of his UFC 203 fight against CM Punk to give his thoughts on what Punk's gameplan will be against him and more. Later, skateboarder, producer, entrepreneur, and reality TV read news >>

Podcast: Ian McCall on Scoggins beef and if CM Punk will win - MMA Plus

Ian McCall featured on The Mind Diet ahead of UFC 203 and he had plenty to say about previously scheduled competitor, 'young dumb kid' Justin Scoggins. read news >>

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Gunnar Nelson Headlines UFC Belfast

UFC recently announced that No.10 ranked Dong Hyun Kim will take on No.12 Gunnar Nelson would headline a UFC Fight Night card in Belfast, Northern Ireland. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett: What you got right & wrong

UFC fans made their predictions ahead of UFC Fight Night Arlovski vs Barnett - but were they correct? We look at all the prefight picks and see what really happened on fight night. read news >>

Bleacher Report MMA Rankings for September 2016 Ahead of UFC 203

It's been a while, folks, but the Bleacher Report MMA rankings are back! It's been a hectic month-and-a-half, with a number of major events and a number of good fights going down across nearly every read news >>

Overeem says Miocic enjoying title life too much

Ahead of their heavyweight championship clash at UFC 203, challenger Alistair Overeem thinks champion Stipe Miocic is enjoying the title life too much and he's hungry enough to take the belt on Sept. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

Awwww, Mick Foley Gets All Dad-Like for CM Punk in Video Ahead of UFC 203 | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk may be a 4-1 underdog against Mickey Gall at UFC 203, but he still has a lot of fans rooting for him, and one of those is Mick Foley. read news >>