Jacob Noe - BellatorHaving won nine fights heading into this past February’s match-up with Mikhail Zayats in the second round of Bellator’s light-heavyweight tournament, Jacob Noe was riding high, maybe too high for his own good.

Following a first-round submission loss to Zayats, Noe decided it was time to leave his native Tennessee and make the kind of move necessary to take his career to the next level.

“I think I underestimated the guy,” said Noe of his loss to Zayats. “I just went in there without a game plan and tried to fight him and I think it backfired. He had a really good game plan and coaching. I kind of learned my lesson from that.

“In Memphis I was kind of the only full-time fighter and didn’t have consistent training partners or experience to work with, so I made the change to Team Syndicate in Las Vegas.”

Noe felt the change was a long time coming and the Zayats fight only helped crystalize the need to shake things up.

“I always knew that beforehand I wasn’t growing as a fighter and I felt like I needed to make a change,” he said. “After the fight with Mikhail, it opened everyone’s eyes and we figured I had outgrown the place (where I was) and I’m glad they accepted that I needed to make the change.”

With a new camp behind him, Noe is looking to rebound Wednesday in Thackerville, Okla., against Renato “Babalu” Sobral as part of a shortened four-man Bellator light-heavyweight tournament.

“If I keep the pressure on him, I think he’ll wither away,” said Noe of Sobral. “I’m in really good shape right now and have a little bit of altitude training and have been learning from better guys, so he’ll definitely run across the best Jacob Noe.

“I feel like when I feel like this and I’m confident, I’m difficult for anyone to deal with.”

Having alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts and being a big name signing to Bellator, it’d be understandable if all the pressure to win on Wednesday evening was Sobral’s to deal with, but according to Noe, he’s got just as much pressure on him to perform as well.

“In a way, I kind of feel the pressure is on both of us,” Noe told MMAWeekly.com. “I know I have pressure on me also because this is the fight that’s going to show the world who I am. Babalu does have a name, and he probably feels pressure to bounce back, so the pressure on both of us.

“(Winning this fight is) all about who put the work in and who wants it the most.”

Paul Daley takes on Fernando Gonzalez in kickboxing match at Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1

Paul Daley has his opponent set for Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1. The British star will meet Fernando Gonzalez in a kickboxing match on the hybrid card Sept. 19 in San Jose, sources told MMAFighting.com. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 73 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 73 event in Nashville, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to read news >>

Glory featherweight title fight added to 'Bellator MMA: Dynamite' event

Another title will be at stake in the "Bellator MMA: Dynamite" card in San Jose. The hybrid MMA and kickboxing event on Sept. 19 will feature another Glory title fight as featherweight champion Gabri read news >>

Bellator MMA: 'Dynamite 1' card adds Gabriel Varga vs Serhiy Adamchuk GLORY featherweight title fight

Another GLORY title fight has been announced for the Bellator MMA: "Dynamite" card on Sept. 19, 2015. GLORY Featherweight Champion Gabriel Varga will defend his title against Serhiy Adamchuk in the k read news >>

Latest Bellator 141 fight card and rumors for 'Guillard vs Girtz' on Spike TV

Two Lightweights collide in the main event of Bellator 141: "Guillard vs. Girtz," which is scheduled to go down inside Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif., on Aug. 28, 2015. The Spike TV-tel read news >>

Ilima Macfarlane Moves Past 'Soccer Mom' Viral Video with New Bellator Contract

The crazy part about the way it all ended up going down is that Ilima Macfarlane just wanted a fight. She'd fought six times as an amateur. At Team Hurricane Awesome, Macfarlane's San Diego-based gym read news >>

Ronda Rousey Losing UFC Fans' Interest, Claims Confident Miesha Tate

Ronda Rousey’s punishing displays in the Octagon may have made her instantly recognisable for casual sports fans across the globe, but according to Miesha Tate, a lot of UFC fanatics are becoming a l read news >>

Bellator 141 Fight Card Complete with the Addition of Four New Bouts

August 28's Bellator 141: Guillard vs. Girtz is now complete with the addition of four new bouts which will take place during the preliminary card. read news >>

Bellator 141 card complete with addition of five preliminary bouts

The Bellator 141 card is now complete with the promotion’s announcement of five additional preliminary bouts. The event takes place Aug. 28 at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif. The main ca read news >>

Bellator 141: Justin Wren returns to MMA after five years in Congo

A former competitor on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), Justin Wren took a five year layoff to overcome his personal demons and make a difference for others in the Congo. He'll return to the cage on Augus read news >>