Jacob Noe - BellatorHaving won nine fights heading into this past February’s match-up with Mikhail Zayats in the second round of Bellator’s light-heavyweight tournament, Jacob Noe was riding high, maybe too high for his own good.

Following a first-round submission loss to Zayats, Noe decided it was time to leave his native Tennessee and make the kind of move necessary to take his career to the next level.

“I think I underestimated the guy,” said Noe of his loss to Zayats. “I just went in there without a game plan and tried to fight him and I think it backfired. He had a really good game plan and coaching. I kind of learned my lesson from that.

“In Memphis I was kind of the only full-time fighter and didn’t have consistent training partners or experience to work with, so I made the change to Team Syndicate in Las Vegas.”

Noe felt the change was a long time coming and the Zayats fight only helped crystalize the need to shake things up.

“I always knew that beforehand I wasn’t growing as a fighter and I felt like I needed to make a change,” he said. “After the fight with Mikhail, it opened everyone’s eyes and we figured I had outgrown the place (where I was) and I’m glad they accepted that I needed to make the change.”

With a new camp behind him, Noe is looking to rebound Wednesday in Thackerville, Okla., against Renato “Babalu” Sobral as part of a shortened four-man Bellator light-heavyweight tournament.

“If I keep the pressure on him, I think he’ll wither away,” said Noe of Sobral. “I’m in really good shape right now and have a little bit of altitude training and have been learning from better guys, so he’ll definitely run across the best Jacob Noe.

“I feel like when I feel like this and I’m confident, I’m difficult for anyone to deal with.”

Having alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts and being a big name signing to Bellator, it’d be understandable if all the pressure to win on Wednesday evening was Sobral’s to deal with, but according to Noe, he’s got just as much pressure on him to perform as well.

“In a way, I kind of feel the pressure is on both of us,” Noe told MMAWeekly.com. “I know I have pressure on me also because this is the fight that’s going to show the world who I am. Babalu does have a name, and he probably feels pressure to bounce back, so the pressure on both of us.

“(Winning this fight is) all about who put the work in and who wants it the most.”

Fans invited to next month's Bellator Fan Fest with Angle, Ortiz, Couture, more

Bellator heads to Houston for next month’s “tentpole event.” Beforehand, fans can get up close and personal with some MMA legends.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Brian Rogers vs. Alessio Sakara set for Bellator 152 in Italy

Bellator’s debut event in Italy has its first fight, and it features some familiar names.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Dana White Video: Ronda Rousey is the Biggest Star in the UFC, Bigger than Conor McGregor

Despite losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November, UFC president Dana White says that "Ronda Rousey is still the biggst star in the UFC." read news >>

Vinicius Queiroz in for injured Augusto Sakai against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 150

Cheick Kongo has a new heavyweight opponent at Bellator 150 as Augusto Sakai after an injury forced him from the card.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Several Fighters Revealed for Bellator and Oktagon Co-Promotion in Italy

New details were revealed this afternoon regarding the co-promotion between Bellator MMA and Oktagon Kickboxing. The partnership is set to take place on April 16 in Italy. read news >>

After losing to Nate Diaz, Michael Johnson wants 'anybody No. 1 through 16'

UFC lightweight Michael Johnson is ready to get back on the horse after closing out his 2015 campaign with back-to-back losses.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ex-champ T.J. Dillashaw on narrow UFC title loss: 'I just don't understand'

BOSTON – It’s bad enough losing a fight. It’s even worse when the sport’s biggest prize is on the line. But it’s a downright travesty when you feel like you actually deserved the victory.Filed under: read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event at Boston’s TD Garden, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to r read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2124 with Michael Chandler, Rob Font

Stream or download Tuesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Michael Chandler and Rob Font.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Ilima-Lei MacFarlane on life after KOing the soccer mom

Bellator women’s flyweight Ilima-Lei MacFarlane knew she would be answering questions about her first professional MMA bout for a while.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>