Jacob Noe - BellatorHaving won nine fights heading into this past February’s match-up with Mikhail Zayats in the second round of Bellator’s light-heavyweight tournament, Jacob Noe was riding high, maybe too high for his own good.

Following a first-round submission loss to Zayats, Noe decided it was time to leave his native Tennessee and make the kind of move necessary to take his career to the next level.

“I think I underestimated the guy,” said Noe of his loss to Zayats. “I just went in there without a game plan and tried to fight him and I think it backfired. He had a really good game plan and coaching. I kind of learned my lesson from that.

“In Memphis I was kind of the only full-time fighter and didn’t have consistent training partners or experience to work with, so I made the change to Team Syndicate in Las Vegas.”

Noe felt the change was a long time coming and the Zayats fight only helped crystalize the need to shake things up.

“I always knew that beforehand I wasn’t growing as a fighter and I felt like I needed to make a change,” he said. “After the fight with Mikhail, it opened everyone’s eyes and we figured I had outgrown the place (where I was) and I’m glad they accepted that I needed to make the change.”

With a new camp behind him, Noe is looking to rebound Wednesday in Thackerville, Okla., against Renato “Babalu” Sobral as part of a shortened four-man Bellator light-heavyweight tournament.

“If I keep the pressure on him, I think he’ll wither away,” said Noe of Sobral. “I’m in really good shape right now and have a little bit of altitude training and have been learning from better guys, so he’ll definitely run across the best Jacob Noe.

“I feel like when I feel like this and I’m confident, I’m difficult for anyone to deal with.”

Having alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts and being a big name signing to Bellator, it’d be understandable if all the pressure to win on Wednesday evening was Sobral’s to deal with, but according to Noe, he’s got just as much pressure on him to perform as well.

“In a way, I kind of feel the pressure is on both of us,” Noe told MMAWeekly.com. “I know I have pressure on me also because this is the fight that’s going to show the world who I am. Babalu does have a name, and he probably feels pressure to bounce back, so the pressure on both of us.

“(Winning this fight is) all about who put the work in and who wants it the most.”

Bellator 164 results: Douglas Lima drops Andrey Koreshkov to reclaim title

More than a year after losing his title, Douglas Lima knocked out Andrey Koreshkov to avenge a loss and take back the Bellator welterweight title.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 164 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Koreshkov vs. Lima 2 Card

Douglas Lima avenged his 2015 defeat to Andrey Koreshkov on Thursday in Tel Aviv, Israel. The 28-year-old Brazilian knocked Koreshkov out to win the welterweight world title in the main event at Bell read news >>

Douglas Lima Recaptures Welterweight Title at Bellator 164 in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator's first event in Israel, "Bellator 164: Koreshkov vs. Lima," was capped by Douglas Lima recapturing the welterweight championship. read news >>

UFC 205 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 205 in New York City several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event or read news >>

Joe Silva’s Shoes: What's next for Eddie Alvarez and UFC 205's other losing fighters?

Defeats are rarely easy for fighters to accept. For UFC 205’s losing competitors, however, they can take solace in the fact they participated on perhaps the most stacked pay-per-view card in history read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2326 with Chael Sonnen

Stream or download Monday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with Chael Sonnen.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio read news >>

Bellator 165 headliners Michael Chandler and Benson Henderson open to welterweight conquests

Bellator lightweight champ Michael Chandler and title challenger Benson Henderson aren’t looking to be the Viacom-owned promotion’s Conor McGregor, but the idea of chasing another belt isn’t out of t read news >>

Michael Page refuses to acknowledge Fernando Gonzalez's Bellator 165 prediction: 'I'm allergic to BS'

Michael Page and Fernando Gonzalez have been set to face each other in the Bellator octagon three times, with the first two meetings falling through due to various issues.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Colleen Schneider signs with Bellator for flyweight debut

MMA veteran Colleen Schneider is the latest Bellator acquisition. Schneider, 34, is the girlfriend of UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett and has fought the bulk of her career in the women’s bantamweight di read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2327 with Randy Couture, Michael Chandler and Eric Nicksick

Stream or download Tuesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with Randy Couture, Michael Chandler and Eric Nicksick.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC read news >>