Jacob Noe - BellatorHaving won nine fights heading into this past February’s match-up with Mikhail Zayats in the second round of Bellator’s light-heavyweight tournament, Jacob Noe was riding high, maybe too high for his own good.

Following a first-round submission loss to Zayats, Noe decided it was time to leave his native Tennessee and make the kind of move necessary to take his career to the next level.

“I think I underestimated the guy,” said Noe of his loss to Zayats. “I just went in there without a game plan and tried to fight him and I think it backfired. He had a really good game plan and coaching. I kind of learned my lesson from that.

“In Memphis I was kind of the only full-time fighter and didn’t have consistent training partners or experience to work with, so I made the change to Team Syndicate in Las Vegas.”

Noe felt the change was a long time coming and the Zayats fight only helped crystalize the need to shake things up.

“I always knew that beforehand I wasn’t growing as a fighter and I felt like I needed to make a change,” he said. “After the fight with Mikhail, it opened everyone’s eyes and we figured I had outgrown the place (where I was) and I’m glad they accepted that I needed to make the change.”

With a new camp behind him, Noe is looking to rebound Wednesday in Thackerville, Okla., against Renato “Babalu” Sobral as part of a shortened four-man Bellator light-heavyweight tournament.

“If I keep the pressure on him, I think he’ll wither away,” said Noe of Sobral. “I’m in really good shape right now and have a little bit of altitude training and have been learning from better guys, so he’ll definitely run across the best Jacob Noe.

“I feel like when I feel like this and I’m confident, I’m difficult for anyone to deal with.”

Having alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts and being a big name signing to Bellator, it’d be understandable if all the pressure to win on Wednesday evening was Sobral’s to deal with, but according to Noe, he’s got just as much pressure on him to perform as well.

“In a way, I kind of feel the pressure is on both of us,” Noe told MMAWeekly.com. “I know I have pressure on me also because this is the fight that’s going to show the world who I am. Babalu does have a name, and he probably feels pressure to bounce back, so the pressure on both of us.

“(Winning this fight is) all about who put the work in and who wants it the most.”

Sans Bellator Belt, Michael Chandler Believes He’s Still One of the World’s Best

Despite losing his Bellator belt and sliding into a skid, Michael Chandler enters Bellator 138 believing he's still one of the best lightweights in the world. read news >>

Bellator 139's Pat Curran using two-fight losing streak as motivation to 'get it done' against Emmanuel Sanchez at Bella

Former two-time Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran is mired in a two-fight losing streak. He plans on blocking out the pressure and is motivated to get past Emmanuel Sanchez tonight at Bellat read news >>

Matches to Make for Josh Koscheck in the Bellator MMA Welterweight Division

Despite losing five in a row, Josh Koscheck isn't ready to call it quits on his MMA career. On Friday, it was revealed that the former UFC welterweight title challenger had signed with Bellator MMA. read news >>

Pat Curran gets new opponent for Bellator 139

An undisclosed injury forced Goiti Yamauchi out of Bellator 139, and Pat Curran has a new opponent on 18 days’ notice. Curran, a former Bellator featherweight champion, is now set to take on Emmanuel read news >>

Goiti Yamauchi forced out of Bellator 139 bout with ex-champ Pat Curran

Following Goiti Yamauchi’s withdrawal from Bellator 139, former featherweight champion Pat Curran has a new opponent for the June 26 card.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumors, News read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): Dustin Poirier and Ken Shamrock

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Dustin Poirier and Ken Shamrock.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 138: Bobby Lashley Predicting Early Knockout Win over James Thompson

In 2009, Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley was something of an oddity. An unknown commodity fighting for a promotion that, similarly, was trying to figure out its own identity. One part legitimat read news >>

Vinicius Queiroz predicts he’ll be Bellator heavyweight champion by end of the year

Out of Bellator for over a year with an ACL injury, Vinicius Queiroz is finally cleared to get back in action. The Brazilian heavyweight, who stopped Lavar Johnson in 23 seconds at Bellator 102 in 20 read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 68 event in New Orleans, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those read news >>

UFC Fight Night 68 results: Emotional Francisco Rivera KOs Alex Caceres in 21 seconds

NEW ORLEANS – Francisco Rivera snapped a losing skid and reminded why he is a danger for anyone in the 135-pound division with a 21-second knockout of Alex Caceres to kick off the UFC Fight Night 68 read news >>