steven-siler-5.jpgJust hours before Steven Siler‘s rousing win at UFC 159 that moved him to 4-1 in the organization, his wife dropped a bombshell.

After eight months of trying, the 26-year-old learned he and his better half will have their first child.

“I was happy the whole week,” he told ( after the event. “I had a smile that never left my face, and even [that] morning, I found out my wife is pregnant after trying for eight months. That lifted me right back up.

“I’m the happiest man in the world.”

It fueled Siler (22-10 MMA, 4-1 UFC), a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter 14,” to a unanimous-decision victory over onetime Strikeforce fighter and fellow featherweight Kurt Holobaugh (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC). The bout was an early “Fight of the Night” candidate, but it streamed on Facebook with a sparse crowd at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Siler, though, said he had plenty of company on fight week. Unlike UFC 154 in Montreal, where he suffered his only career UFC loss (to Darren Elkins), UFC 159 was a family affair with plenty of familiar faces.

“I was actually able to get my family, friends – people were around me that I love,” said Siler, whose UFC 154 fight week was “pretty boring” and spent only with his trainer. “They made this a perfect week. … Everyone was around. I was very, very happy all week. I had a smile on my face, and it never left my face.”

Then, two hours before he left his hotel for the night’s hosting venue, Siler’s wife shared the news about their first child.

That obviously put Siler, who’s slowly moving up the 145-pound ladder, in a good mood. He already had respect for Holobaugh, but backstage, he made sure his opponent knew it. He was just in too good of a mood to pretend otherwise.

“I think I hugged him 10 times in the back before we even fought,” Siler said. “I’m a good-spirit guy. I like to fight happy, not angry.”

For complete coverage of UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

UFC Fight Night 78: Scott Jorgensen Dropped by Harsh Leg Kicks, Sets off Trend

UFC Fight Night 78 in Monterrey, Mexico, delivered some nasty leg kicks over the course of the day/night, resulting in Scott Jorgensen collapsing to the mat and tapping out in the second round to Ale read news >>

24 hours after weighing 145 pounds, UFC's Diego Sanchez now at 171.2

Less than 24 hours after officially weighing in at 145 pounds for his first UFC featherweight fight, Diego Sanchez is apparently now 26.2 pounds heavier.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

On heels of Rousey's brutal defeat, Anthony Birchak outlines moving past a KO loss

It takes 12 hours to get from Sao Paulo to Tucson, Ariz., but the flight felt much longer for Anthony Birchak. The UFC bantamweight can relate to at least some of the difficulties dethroned champ Ron read news >>

Justin Bieber Apologises to Ronda Rousey for Sister Snub: "Don't Kick My A--!"

Justin Bieber has moved to cool any tension between himself and Ronda Rousey after the UFC fighter accused him of snubbing her teenage sister at the Cannes Film Festival. Rousey then decided she was read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Future After Holly Holm Defeat

Roughly 24 hours after suffering the first defeat of her career, Ronda Rousey commented on her future and the state of her health following a brutal knockout. read news >>

Time to get down to business at UFC 193

The buildup is over for UFC 193. With the weigh-in just hours away, it's time for headliners Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Valerie Letourneau and the other stars on the card to get do read news >>

ONE Championship 32 weigh-ins: 'Amateur jabroni' Luis Santos misses weight for title fight

ONE Championship 32 is less than 24 hours away, and the stakes of the planned championship headliner are still unknown.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 results: Bad stoppage gives Gleison Tibau sub win over Abel Trujillo

SAO PAULO – Gleison Tibau moved one step closer to tying UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz’s record and had himself a pretty easy night’s work, even though his win was declared prematurely.Filed under: Ne read news >>

Video: Watch Ronda Rousey smash Bethe Correia at massively successful UFC 190

This was the one. This was the fight that moved Ronda Rousey from MMA star to a legitimate mainstream hit.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Edson Barboza Steps In for Injured Khabib Nurmagomedov

Khabib Nurmagomedov had to drop off the TUF 22 Finale, but UFC officials moved swift to enlist Edson Barboza in his stead. read news >>