Clay Guida can move closer to title contention with a win over Anthony Pettis. | Photo: Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Clay Guida believes he has multiple advantages over Anthony Pettis heading into their clash Saturday at “The Ultimate Fighter 13” Finale.

“He hasn’t fought the competition that I have,” Guida said recently during a “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “He hasn’t fought the talent that I have, but he’s been fighting a tough group of guys these past few. I give him a lot of credit for that. He doesn’t train with the guys that I train with. He doesn’t have the coaching staff that I have. We’ve got a lot of tools on our side, and he’s got a lot of momentum and confidence on his side. It’s going to make for just an all-around awesome fight for the fans and it’s going to be great for our career.”

Guida credits Pettis for his recent performances but also for his willingness to take another fight after earning a UFC lightweight title shot with his win over Benson Henderson at WEC 53. Pettis’ crack at the gold was delayed due to the rematch draw between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. He chose to fight another contender rather than wait.

“I think it’s a great decision,” Guida said. “The more fights before my title fight, the better. Just gets me that much more prepared. I think it’s great for him and says a lot about his character and his ambition to train and get better in the sport. He’s not sitting around waiting for what could be maybe a year before Frankie and Gray fight. Who knows with their injuries? It just shows he’s confident in his skills and he wants to get back in there and show what he’s made of.”

Of course, by beating a top contender like Pettis, Guida could also move into title contention. He’s not received any guarantees from the UFC, but he thinks an impressive performance will help his cause.

“If I go out there and dominate and don’t leave it to the judges, like I’ve done in the past, then it’s going to look a lot better in the eyes of Joe Silva and Dana White,” Guida said. “I can’t leave this to anyone. I’ve got to go out there and finish the fight like I’ve been doing these last few.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:41:20).

Luis Santos Believes He’s the Best He’s Ever Been Ahead of ONE: Titles & Titans

Heading into Saturday's ONE: Titles & Titans main event, Luis Santos believes he's the best he's ever been in his extensive career. read news >>

Anthony Pettis Moves to Featherweight for Make or Break Fight at UFC on FOX 21

Knowing that UFC on FOX 21 could prove a turning point in his career, Anthony Pettis his pulled out all the stops preparing for his featherweight debut. read news >>

Carlos Condit Believes a Win Over Demian Maia Puts Him Back into Title Contention

• a day ago

Former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit wasn't sure if he'd continue fighting after losing his last fight, but is back for another run at the belt. read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Fight Highlights: Anthony Pettis Chokes Out Charles Oliveira

• 14 hours ago

Check out the UFC on FOX 21 fight highlights from the co-main event bout between Anthony Pettis and Charles Oliveira. read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Results: Anthony Pettis Wins Featherweight Debut; Aims for Conor McGregor’s Belt

• 14 hours ago

Following an impressive finish in his featherweight debut at UFC on FOX 21, Anthony Pettis wasted no time taking aim at Conor McGregor's belt. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Oliveira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 21

• 14 hours ago

Former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis met Charles Oliveira in his featherweight debut at UFC on Fox 21 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Following a three-fight losing run, Pettis ditched the ligh read news >>

Anthony Pettis Video Interview: ‘I’m Coming for the Best in the World’

• an hour ago

After defeating the No. 6 ranked 145-pounder in the UFC, Anthony Pettis doesn't want easy fights. "I'm coming for the best in the world." read news >>

Ben Fodor Doesn’t Want to Fight His Brother, Caros, at WSOF 32, but He’s Mad

Ben Fodor is fighting his brother, Caros, at WSOF 32 on Saturday. He doesn't really want to, but he's mad. read news >>

UFC 201 Video: Rose Namajunas Feeling Confident Heading into Karolina Kowalkiewicz Fight

Strawweight contender Rose Namajunas made an attitude adjustment following her last fight and is feeling confident heading into bout with Karolina Kowalkiewicz. read news >>

UFC 201 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC Fight Night 92

UFC 201 is in the books. The results are as follows (via Bleacher Report's Nathan McCarter): Tyron Woodley defeats Robbie Lawler by KO at 2:12 of the first round Karolina Kowalkiewicz defeats Rose Na read news >>