Georges St. Pierre Aiming for November Comeback: Fan Reaction (Yahoo! Contributor Network)

• submit to reddit

By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Former UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre receiving Tecar Therapy from Dr. Kindy Parmar under Dr. William Kessler's care. The Winback machine seen in the video is housed at Kessler Family Wellness in Southern California, and is courtesy of former UFC heavyweight, and current Bellator star, Cheick Kongo. more

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes said back in February that he'd be surprised to see fellow former champion Georges St-Pierre actually make a return to the Octagon. Now, Hughes is urging his former rival to make his competitive hiatus permanent.
"The UFC would hate me saying this but I'm going to say it anyway," Hughes told Canada.com (via MMA Mania). "If I was GSP, I'd probably hang them up. Here I am a guy that lost my (last) two fights and I'd love to get back in there (to finish more

And from the sound of it, there isn't one.
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight kingpin Georges St. Pierre is no closer to making his return to mixed martial arts (MMA), because he hasn't found the "fire" to compete again and is currently enjoying his hiatus from combat sports.
"Rush" spoke to the gang at Inside MMA during an interview that aired last Friday night (July 11, 2014) on AXS TV. "I needed this. To be happy, I needed it. I lost the motivation. The feeling that I wa more

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre hasn’t yet committed to returning to active competition in MMA, but if he does indeed stage a comeback, he hopes to face stiffer drug testing on his return.Filed under: News, UFC more

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre spoke with Inside MMA about possibly returning to fighting and his recovery from knee surgery. more

Will he or won't he? You'll have to watch Inside MMA on AXS TV to find out.
Unless he's moving up to middleweight, Georges St. Pierre probably isn't coming back to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) before year's end, unless stuffing your face with a creamy cone is the latest fad in mixed martial arts (MMA) weight management.
Not that I'm judging, mind you.
The good news is, we may finally find out if and when the former 170-pound kingpin will make his return to the cage, as "Rush" is schedule more

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight kingpin Georges St. Pierre believes mixed martial arts (MMA) should implement Olympic drug testing, but from an agency that is not influenced by the money or power of certain organizations. more

Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra knows exactly why the emotions recently got to fellow ex-titleholder B.J. Penn after his final fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos more

UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks can point to one reason why he thinks a rematch with now-retired titleholder Georges St-Pierre is in the future.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos more