By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Cain Velasquez could be the UFC's greatest %26#x2026; could be (Yahoo Sports)

The 32-year-old has established himself as a brilliant heavyweight, when he's healthy, and that's the problem. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Dan Henderson's knockout of Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night 68

Check out the reaction of MMA media and fighters to Dan Henderson’s shockingly quick TKO of Tim Boetsch in the main event of UFC Fight Night 68.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dan Henderson's age, sudden losing putting his UFC career in jeopardy (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Henderson may not be mulling retirement, but his future could be decided for him if he continues to suffer defeats. read news >>

UFC hires USADA to employ 'best anti-doping policy in sports' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Starting July 1, USADA will have the authority to test any UFC fighter at any time for any reason. read news >>

UFC hires USADA to employ 'best anti-doping policy in sports' (Yahoo Sports)

Live Chat: UFC Fight Night 68 preview, UFC Marketing and Development presser reaction and more

This is episode 141 of the Promotional Malpractice Live Chat. Today we're going live just after the UFC Marketing and Development presser, which means we're pushing back our start time by two hours. read news >>

Fan Perspective: Should Carlos Condit get the next UFC welterweight title shot?

After an extended layoff due to knee surgery, Carlos Condit returned in a big way this past Saturday. But did he earn consideration to be next in line for the welterweight title? Filed under: Feature read news >>

Joseph Benavidez 'not a fan' of fellow UFC flyweight contender John Dodson

No. 2-ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight Joseph Benavidez, who kept his winning streak going at UFC 187 when he dismantled John Moraga, is not a fan of fellow 125-pound contender J read news >>

The MMA Hour - 284 - Fan questions