By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Brock Lesnar Suspended 1 Year by USADA for Doping: Latest Details and Reaction

Brock Lesnar's brief return to the UFC last July has cost him once again, as the former heavyweight champion has been suspended for one year by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). Per Marc read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey Results: Winner and Knockout Reaction from UFC 207

UFC 207 was marketed as the glorious return of Ronda Rousey, but it didn't turn out to be a warm welcome back to the sport for The Rowdy One. Instead, Amanda Nunes successfully defended her belt agai read news >>

Yair Rodriguez vs. B.J. Penn Results: Winner, Reaction from UFC Fight Night 103

“The Prodigy” never had a shot. Yair Rodriguez entered as one of the shining future stars for the UFC, and he performed up to that billing. B.J. Penn was ousted without much trouble. Rodriguez’s spee read news >>

Michael Bisping Injury: Updates on UFC Champion's Recovery from Knee Surgery

• a day ago

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is set to undergo knee surgery that will keep him out of action until May. He told John Pollock of Fight Network's MMA Report (h/t Fox Sports' Damon Martin): read news >>

TJ Dillashaw vs. John Lineker Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 207

In another time, another life, UFC 207's TJ Dillashaw and John Lineker would've already had a title shot off their current runs. As bantamweight champion, Dillashaw began sniffing around the No. 1 po read news >>

Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt Results: Winner, Reaction from UFC 207

At UFC 207, Cody Garbrandt not only talked the talk, but he walked the walk to the tune of a unanimous-decision win over Dominick Cruz in the co-main event to become the new champion of the UFC's ban read news >>

Cody Garbardnt... And New!!!! (Hot Tweets from the Pros) | MMAWeekly.com

After Cody Garbrandt dominated the Dominator, Dominick Cruz, at UFC 207 on Friday night, Twitter lit up with his fellow UFC fighters chiming in. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Amanda Nunes' 48-second starching of Ronda Rousey at UFC 207

Amanda Nunes said it was her time to reign atop the UFC women’s bantamweight division. She proved as much Friday with her first title defense against MMA superstar Ronda Rousey in the UFC 207 headlin read news >>

UFC 207 results: Cody Garbrandt showboats, mostly dominates Dominick Cruz to take 135 title

LAS VEGAS – Cody Garbrandt solved a long-running enigma in the UFC bantamweight division, figuring out how to find Dominick Cruz’s chin.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

And Still The Lioness!!! (Hot Tweets from the Pros) | MMAWeekly.com

As soon as Amanda "The Lioness" Nunes destroyed Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Friday night, Twitter lit up! read news >>