By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 95

Cris Cyborg is a legitimate draw in MMA. She proved that at UFC 198 and, while the company has done everything in its power to pit fans against her, the UFC has never been above grabbing some easy mo read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

Conor McGregor’s next fight will come against Eddie Alvarez on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York as part of UFC 205. UFC president Dana White confirmed the match will occur on Tuesday duri read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday morning that Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero will face off during the UFC 205 card at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. UFC vice president of public relations read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

UFC fighter Josh Samman in coma

A reaction of shock and sadness has spread among friends and across social media with the news “The Ultimate Fighter 17” cast member and UFC veteran Josh Samman of Tallahassee was found unresponsive read news >>

John Dodson vs. John Lineker Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 96

The UFC Fight Night 96 main event between John Dodson and John Lineker was the perfect cross section of pure excitement with legitimate high-stakes matchmaking. Both men were legitimate flyweight con read news >>

UFC Cancels Fight Night 97: Latest Comments and Reaction

UFC announced it will cancel Fight Night 97 and reschedule the bout between Ricardo Lamas and BJ Penn, which was originally set for Saturday, Oct. 15, after Penn suffered a rib injury that leaves him read news >>

Ian Entwistle vs. Rob Font Canceled at UFC 204: Latest Details and Reaction

The expected encounter between Ian Entwistle and Rob Font at UFC 204 on Saturday has been canceled after Entwistle came down with an illness. UFC Europe announced the news Friday on its official Twit read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 204

Gegard Mousasi has never fought for a UFC title, but he took a big step in that direction by beating Vitor Belfort via second-round technical knockout in the co-main event at UFC 204 on Saturday. MMA read news >>

Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 204

Michael Bisping not only held on to his UFC middleweight championship, he exacted revenge that was seven years in the making against Dan Henderson. The Brit defeated Hendo via unanimous decision in t read news >>