By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

UFC 200: Is Jon Jones still the same dominant fighter of old? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Jones says he's a different person and time will tell whether he's being truthful. Is he still the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world? We'll find out Saturday. read news >>

UFC 200: Is Jon Jones still the same dominant fighter of old? (Yahoo Sports)

What Brock Lesnar's return means for himself and the UFC (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: UFC 200 is trending to be the company's biggest pay-per-view. At least part of that is thanks to the crossover WWE star. read news >>

What Brock Lesnar's return means for himself and the UFC (Yahoo Sports)

How Nate Diaz turned the UFC upside down (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Diaz came from nothing and now has plenty. But he didn't get to this point immediately, or with luck. It took some self-realization and business smarts. read news >>

How Nate Diaz used his mind to turn the UFC upside down (Yahoo Sports)

How Brock Lesnar has changed since his first UFC stint (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Lesnar was more surly than charismatic in his first UFC run. But he's seems right at home in his long-awaited return. read news >>

How Brock Lesnar has changed since his first UFC stint (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Lesnar was more surly than charismatic in his first UFC run. But he seems right at home in his long-awaited return. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

Roy Nelson vs. Derrick Lewis Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC FN 90

Derrick Lewis defeated Roy Nelson by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) at UFC Fight Night 90. It was a clash of styles, and the Las Vegas crowd was not a fan of the scorecards that were read. We w read news >>