By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Gustafsson vs. Blachowicz: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

It was 11 months in the making for Alexander Gustafsson, but when he finally returned to the cage at UFC Fight Night 93 on Saturday against Jan Blachowicz, he did so in style. The popular Swede went read news >>

Ryan Bader vs. Ilir Latifi: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

At UFC Fight Night 93, airing on Fight Pass live from Hamburg, Germany, on Saturday, American Ryan Bader (21-5) squared off with Sweden's Ilir Latifi (12-5) in Bader's first fight since a fast and vi read news >>

Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett were in identical positions entering Fight Night 93. Both are former UFC heavyweight champions. Both had late-in-career resurgences after rejoining the UFC. Both are read news >>

Robbie Lawler Reportedly Won't Fight at UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

Robbie Lawler has reportedly pulled out of his scheduled fight against Donald Cerrone at UFC 205, according to TMZ Sports and Brett Okamoto of ESPN. Per the TMZ Sports report, Cerrone "will still fig read news >>

Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy Fight Announced for UFC 205: Details, Reaction

Rashad Evans will make his return to the Octagon in November as a middleweight and challenge Tim Kennedy at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden in New York. Evans made the announcement during an intervi read news >>

CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The UFC gave Mickey Gall a prime spot against CM Punk, which the 24-year-old ran with by submitting the former WWE champion via rear-naked choke in the first round at UFC 203 in Cleveland on Saturday read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

Win or lose, Urijah Faber was going to give fans something to be sad about at UFC 203. The California Kid is officially the California Middle-Aged Man at this point, and while fighters such as Dan He read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

In his first match since becoming UFC heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic successfully defended his title with a first-round TKO victory over Alistair Overeem at UFC 203 in Cleveland on Saturday. Acco read news >>

Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

In his first match since losing the heavyweight title, Fabricio Werdum got back in the win column by defeating Travis Browne via unanimous decision at UFC 203 in Cleveland. According to Yahoo Sports' read news >>