By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

From Around the Web

Why Luke Rockhold could be the next Anderson Silva (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Rockhold is finishing fights at a better clip than Silva was at this point in his career. Can he keep it up? read news >>

CM Punk on detractors: 'Shut the f*ck up and don't watch the fight'

CM Punk reads his Twitter notifications. He knows the reaction of him transitioning from pro wrestling to MMA has been met with negativity. He also doesn't really care. "At the end of the day, it's a read news >>

Anthony Johnson to Alexander Gustafsson: Some people can't handle an ass whooping like a man!

Anthony Johnson's reaction to the statement previously made by Alexander Gustafsson doesn't sound very pleased. When Anthony Johnson stopped Alexander Gustafsson in front of his home crowd in January read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Matt Brown Announced for UFC 189: Latest Details and Reaction

A marquee MMA matchup will unfold at UFC 189 on July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas when Nate Diaz and Matt Brown tangle in the Octagon. Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight broke the news of the im read news >>

The MMA Hour - 276 - Fan questions

Ariel Helwani and Eric Jackman answer fan questions on The MMA Hour. read news >>

UFC's hiring of Jeff Novitzky shows it is finally ready to try to curb PED use (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: With a background that includes the BALCO and Lance Armstrong cases, Novitzky has the credentials to make a difference in his new role with the UFC. read news >>

Why Jose Aldo Jr. shouldn't mind taking a back seat to the Conor McGregor Show (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: He's one of the greatest fighters in the world, but the Brazilian has been an afterthought on the UFC's media blitz. read news >>