By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

From Around the Web

UFC 184 live analysis (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Follow along live as UFC women's bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey defends her title against fellow undefeated fighter Cat Zingano. read news >>

UFC 184 live analysis (Yahoo Sports)

Rousey vs. Zingano Results: Winner, Recap and Reaction from UFC 184

Cat Zingano can now be added to the expanding list of women who have tried and failed to best Ronda Rousey in the Octagon. Rowdy dispatched of her latest contender via first-round submission in the m read news >>

How Ronda Rousey became the UFC's biggest star and most dominant champ (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: After submitting No. 1 contender Cat Zingano in just 14 seconds, Rousey has effectively lapped the bantamweight field. Can anyone give her a challenge? read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano: Highlights and Reaction from UFC 184 Main Event

It's rare when we're able to give a complete account of a fight in four sentences, but after Ronda Rousey's 14-second demolition of Cat Zingano on Saturday night at UFC 184, here goes nothing: Zingan read news >>

Ronda Rousey Changing Society’s Traditional Ideals about Women in Sports | MMAWeekly.com

Whether or not you’re a UFC fan, you should know who Ronda Rousey is and what she’s doing for gender equality. read news >>

Matt Mitrione doesn't like Alistair Overeem 'as a human being'

UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione says that he's not a fan of fellow competitor and former teammate Alistair Overeem. Matt Mitrione is well-known as a guy that speaks his mind. It has gotten him in troub read news >>

Not enough 'Showtime': Why UFC champ Anthony Pettis isn't yet a PPV star (Yahoo Sports)

Pettis is one of the most dynamic and exciting fighters in MMA. So why isn't he one of the UFC's biggest stars? read news >>