By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Progress made on Rousey vs. 'Cyborg' fight, but don%26#x2019;t expect it in 2015 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: There’s been a lot of chatter in the past week about a possible megafight, but who’s telling the truth? read news >>

Back on job, cutman 'Stitch' Duran 'felt like a superstar' by WSOF fan reception

On most fight nights, Jacob “Stitch” Duran largely flies under the radar while working MMA and boxing events. This past weekend at WSOF 22, though, he said he felt like a “superstar.”Filed under: Fea read news >>

The MMA Hour - 293 - Fan questions

Ariel Helwani and Marc Raimondi answer questions from the fans. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's continued dominance puts focus back on potential 'Cyborg' bout (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The table's set for a Ronda Rousey-Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos superfight, if 'Cyborg' wants it bad enough. read news >>

It's time to include Ronda Rousey in the 'Greatest of All Time' conversation (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Rousey is accomplishing things that Fedor Emelianenko, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones never dreamed of. read news >>

Rousey vs. Correia Results: Highlights and Reaction from UFC 190

There is a common theme in all of Ronda Rousey's fights. Every time she steps into the Octagon, she does so with bad intentions and then ends matters quickly. Very quickly. That's what happened Satur read news >>

It's time to include Ronda Rousey in the 'Greatest of All-Time' conversation (Yahoo Sports)

Rousey vs. Correia Results: Winner, Recap and Reaction from UFC 190

Ronda Rousey's legend as the most dominant force in MMA continued with a first-round TKO win over Bethe Correia in the main event of UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. MMAjunkie tweeted out the light read news >>

UFC 190 6th Round post-fight show

Kid Nate + Zane Simon give you the immediate reaction to UFC 190 featuring Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia. read news >>