By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Why Jon Jones decided to step up and not pull out of UFC 197 (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The ex-champ declined a replacement bout at UFC 151, but he has a change of heart regarding fighting Ovince Saint Preux. read news >>

Why Jon Jones decided to step up and not pull out of UFC 197 (Yahoo Sports)

Derrick Lewis still looking to be as sharp as his sense of humor (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The UFC heavyweight has won two in a row, but says he’s still working to reach his potential. read news >>

Derrick Lewis still looking to be as sharp as his sense of humor (Yahoo Sports)

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Miesha Tate's first title defense won't come against Holly Holm. It won't come against Ronda Rousey. Instead, the UFC women's bantamweight champion will take on fourth-ranked competitor Amanda Nunes read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber finding new ways to annoy each other all these years later (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cruz and Faber aren't pulling any punches ahead of their long-awaited trilogy fight. read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Video: UFC 196 Withdrawal, Conor McGregor, and What’s Next?

Rafael Dos Anjos gave an update on his injury recovery, hinted about his next opponent, and talked about Conor McGregor and the featherweight belt. read news >>

BJ Penn V Dennis Siver Announced for UFC 199: Latest Comments, Details, Reaction

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn will reportedly make his long-awaited return to the Octagon at UFC 199 on June 4, where he'll face featherweight Dennis Siver. That's according to MMAjunkie, while Kevin I read news >>