By David King,

According to UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, his recovery from ACL surgery is going pretty well. The 30 year old champion is currently aiming for a November return, when the UFC visits Montreal, Canada for UFC 154.

"Even though I'm feeling almost 100% now, I'm just half-way through my rehab and I can't push too much because my graft isn't fused properly," GSP said at a recent press conference. "Even though my muscles feel good, I have to wait until I'm allowed to start training again. … I'll be training full out on July. Hopefully I have a chance to fight in front of my Canadian fans in November. I'll cross my fingers and hope that will happen."

Even though GSP is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history, he has received a lot of criticism over the years. Many fans feel he hasn't been aggressive enough in his fights, failing to finish an opponent in over three years.

The criticism is certainly not unfounded, considering the fact GSP became a lot more conservative after his UFC 69 loss to Matt Serra. However, the tactical change has been very successful inside the Octagon, with GSP winning all of his fights since then.

While I don't particularly enjoy GSP's fighting style, questioning his legacy, simply because he doesn't take unnecessary risks is a little ridiculous.

With six consecutive title defenses, GSP is still the number one welterweight fighter on the planet, and I expect him to reclaim the top spot when he makes his return in November.

GSP is pretty confident he'll be able to do just that, and he's still open to the possibility of a super-fight against Anderson Silva.

"When I get back to my title, depending on what's going on, I might have to take another fight," GSP added. "If everything goes, like stars align and everything, maybe we'll see one day in the near future what is going to happen. Depending if I'm going to go up or if he's going to come down, it's too far away to think about it right now, but it's something that could happen, of course."

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Jamie Penick, "Georges St-Pierre still open to Anderson Silva super fight, Dana White…"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Michael Johnson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Khabib Nurmagomedov had everything on the line at Saturday's UFC 205. Dominance and bad luck have defined the Russian grappler's career. Catastrophic injuries have consistently weighed down big wins, read news >>

Miesha Tate Retires from UFC: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

MMA fighter Miesha Tate announced her retirement from the UFC on Saturday evening. "It's not my time anymore," she announced, per SportsCenter, after losing a unanimous decision to Raquel Pennington  read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

It has been a roller coaster of a year for Miesha Tate. She bought her 2016 calendar with UFC President Dana White actively encouraging her to retire. She surprisingly received a title shot a few mon read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Frankie Edgar waited too long to let this opportunity get away from him, and Saturday night at UFC 205 the New Jersey native made good on his first fight at Madison Square Garden by way of a unanimou read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz Results: UFC 205 Winner, Reaction

Joanna Jedrzejczyk can't be stopped. Following three consecutive strawweight title defenses, the 29-year-old defeated Polish compatriot Karolina Kowalkiewicz by unanimous decision Saturday night at U read news >>

Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Tyron Woodley isn't giving up the welterweight belt anytime soon. After The Chosen One secured the strap with a first-round knockout of Robbie Lawler in July, the 34-year-old defended his status as t read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Well it looks as though we have ourselves a top contender for the middleweight title. With Luke Rockhold hurt and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza in some weird, paid-to-cut-weight-but-not-actually-fighting-th read news >>

Alvarez vs. McGregor Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

It's only right that the man nicknamed The Notorious capped off UFC's inaugural showcase at Madison Square Garden in New York with a win over Eddie Alvarez on Saturday night. Conor McGregor—who enter read news >>

Conor McGregor Stripped of Featherweight Title: Latest Details, Reaction

As expected, Conor McGregor has been stripped of the UFC featherweight championship. Per Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting, McGregor didn't agree to relinquish the title, but UFC was within its rights to read news >>

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 101

UFC Fight Night 101's Robert Whittaker and Derek Brunson know firsthand how weird the UFC can be, and how absurd the middleweight division is in particular. Much like the WWE, fighters who aren't ear read news >>