Georges St Pierre Sept GSP 2012_1957Appearances can sometimes be deceiving.

From the outside looking in, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was the happiest guy in the world.

He was a long reigning titleholder, a multimillionaire, the most profitable athlete in the UFC, and unanimously recognized as the face of the organization.

Despite all that seemed right with St-Pierre’s world, something was definitely wrong, and it literally took away the passion he once had for the sport he dominated.

“I had a lot of personal issues and I lost the love of the sport. I was doing it because I had to, not because I really wanted to,” St-Pierre said in an interview with Fuel TV on Tuesday.

During that time, St-Pierre suffered a major injury to his knee that required reconstructive surgery, more than a year away from the sport, and hours upon hours of rehabilitation. Not only did St-Pierre have to find a way to nurse his body back to health, but he had to get his mind right.

The only way to accomplish both of those goals was to make some major changes.

“I woke up in the morning and I was happy with my life, but I didn’t have the drive to go further and further,” said St-Pierre.

“I told myself when I took that long time off, I said, you know what, I’m going to do everything. I cannot make everybody in life happy, but it’s time for me to be a little bit selfish and organize my training that I can take the best of it, maximize the potential of my training and make it the best I can be and that’s what I did.”

St-Pierre didn’t go into detail on what changes were made, but he’s a happier and healthier fighter ahead of his next bout, which comes against Carlos Condit at UFC 154 in November.

“I changed a lot of stuff in my life and my training and the result is going to be in the fight,” said St-Pierre

Like any major shifts a fighter can make, it always raises the questions if it was a good or bad decision, but UFC 154 will tell the true story about the  Georges St-Pierre that walked into the injury, and the one that came out on the other side.

For more news and rumors make sure to follow on Twitter

Rumble Learns of Daniel Cormier's Knee Injury During a Morning Show Interview

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson picked up a bit of intel while doing the morning television show circuit alongside his UFC 206 counterpart Daniel Cormier. Breakfast Television, a Canadian morning show, was read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson out with back injury; no timetable for return

Alex Gustafsson is out indefinitely with a back injuryUFC light heavyweight and former title contender Alexander Gustafsson will be out indefinitely due to a lingering back injury. The news was first read news >>

UFC Contender Alexander Gustafsson Out Indefinitely with Back Injury

UFC light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson will be absent from the Octagon for the foreseeable future with an ongoing back injury.Brett Okamoto of ESPN first reported the news sourcing the UFC fighte read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Announced for UFC 207: Comments, Reaction

Cain Velasquez lost to Fabricio Werdum by third-round submission at UFC 188 in June 2015, but the promotion announced Thursday that the 34-year-old will have a shot at redemption. According to the Lo read news >>

No Timetable for Alexander Gustafsson's Return from Injury |

A injury has plagued UFC light heavyweight contender Alexander Gustafsson for years, leaving him with an uncertain future. read news >>

Daniel Cormier worried UFC 206 will get lost without Georges St-Pierre

Daniel Cormier has a financial investment in Georges St-Pierre fighting again read news >>

Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall 2 set as new main event at UFC in Belfast, Ireland

An injury has forced a major change to the UFC card in Ireland read news >>

UFC Belfast: Gegard Mousasi Set to Rematch Uriah Hall in New Headliner

UFC Fight Night 99 has lost its main event as Gunnar Nelson has withdrawn from the card due to injury.Gunnar Nelson has had to pull out of yet another big time fight this time practically in his own read news >>

Gunnar Nelson says injury happened during UFC workout, apologizes for canceled headliner

Gunnar Nelson gave it his best effort, but an ankle injury ultimately forced him out of what would’ve been just his second UFC headliner.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Gunnar Nelson Details Injury That Led to UFC Belfast Main Event Cancellation

Gunnar Nelson details the injury that led to the cancellation of his UFC Belfast bout with Dong Hyun Kim. read news >>