With the UFC’s biggest pay-per-view star taking an indefinite break from the sport, the organization would understandably be tempted to pester him for a return date. UFC President Dana White, though, said he plans to give Georges St-Pierre plenty of space.

“I’ll leave him alone,” White said this past weekend (watch the full post-UFC on FOX 9 media scrum above). “I’ll leave him alone and let him do his thing.

“When a guy gets done fighting, I don’t bother the guys until it’s time to fight again. Let them go, let them disappear and do their thing. Then we contact them when it’s time to fight again.”

This past week, St-Pierre vacated his welterweight title and announced his plans to take an indefinite break from the sport. He said he expects to return to the cage at some point in the future, but he had no timetable for such a return.

Following a split-decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 this past month, St-Pierre hinted at some personal issues and said his life had become a “zoo.” That’s when he first suggested he might need time away from the cage.

“I can’t sleep at night, man,” St-Pierre, 32, said after the Nov. 16 pay-per-view event. “I’m going crazy. I have issues, and I need to get out for a while. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I feel like I’m leaving everything out now, but I need to leave part of my life personal. I need to get out for a little bit, and that’s it.”

With St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC), who had made nine consecutive title defenses since 2008, now on the sidelines, Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (22-9 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will fight for the vacant belt at UFC 171 on March.

Will St-Pierre be there?

“I don’t know, probably not,” White said. “It sounds like he wants to get away.

“Like I said … earlier, he’s going to fix the zoo first. Once he gets the zoo straightened out, he’ll probably be focusing on fighting again and trying to regain the title.”

For the latest on UFC 171, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC 205 Betting Preview: Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez Odds, Analysis

The biggest card in MMA history will take place Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, headlined by Conor McGregor (20-3) vs. Eddie Alvarez (28-4) for the lightweight championship read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

UFC 205 Predictions: Bleacher Report Full Card Staff Picks

Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor are set to headline the biggest card in UFC history, UFC 205. And boy, just look at this lineup of fights: Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

'UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor on pay-per-view tonight: Fight card, start time, results and how to watch online

The UFC makes it New York City debut tonight with UFC 205, and the star-studded card features three title fights and a host of other notable bouts. Here’s how to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 205 Fight Card: PPV Schedule, Odds and Predictions for Alvarez vs. McGregor

Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor will headline the biggest card in UFC history on Saturday evening, when a blockbuster UFC 205 lineup makes its way to New York City. Madison Square Garden will bear w read news >>

UFC 205: Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate video highlights

Raquel Pennington picked up the biggest win of her pro career when she topped Miesha Tate, her former coach on “The Ultimate Fighter.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>