Xian JiTo become a champion is special for any athlete, but for Chinese bantamweight Xian “Executioner” Ji, taking the Legend FC crown on April 27 against Agustin Delarmino and bringing it back to his native homeland meant something more.

“To win the Legend belt was my ultimate dream as an MMA fighter,” said Xian. “It has been the goal of my training the last few years and the source of motivation to keep me going.

“I believe winning the Legend belt is the dream and goal of every MMA athlete in China. (Legend welterweight champion) Li Jingliang and I will be their example, to motivate them in times of struggle. Together we will play a lead role in promoting the development of MMA in China.”

Even though Xian is happy about becoming a champion, and even though he defeated Delarmino via submission in the first round, he is highly critical of his performance.

“This was a very tough fight,” Xian told MMAWeekly.com. “To be honest, I’m not very satisfied with my performance, and I will make up for the inadequacies in the future.”

Now that he is champion, don’t expect Xian to change the way he does business. In fact, he intends to use his new status to drive him to accomplish more.

“I will not change the way I approach fighting now that I am a champion,” he said. “Fighting is the profession I chose, it is the profession I love, and I will keep going as far as I can push my limits.

“Winning the Legend belt has actually brought me greater pressure, but it has also inspired me to make constant progress, to never settle. In this profession, it is all about strength and improving your skills.”

Looking forward to the remainder of the year, Xian hopes to remain champion and continue to spread the word of MMA throughout China and beyond.

“My goal for 2013 is to defend the Legend belt and keep my position as champion,” concluded Xian.

“I wish more Chinese people can pay more attention to ‘real’ martial arts events and help the growth of MMA in China. Thanks to all my friends and fans for supporting me, I will bring more exciting fights to you.”

Visit www.LegendFC.com for information on where Legend broadcasts are available and for information on replays of Legend FC 11 on Pay-Per-View, Video on Demand and Internet streaming.

From Around the Web

UFC on FOX 15: Machida vs. Rockhold live results, play by play, discussion

Live results and in-depth play by play for the entire UFC on FOX 15 fight card starring elite middleweights Lyoto Machida and Luke Rockhold. Join us on Bloody Elbow for live results, detailed play-by read news >>

UFC on FOX 15 weigh-ins: Felice Herrig vs. Paige VanZant

NEW YORK -- At the UFC on FOX 15 weigh-ins, Felice Herrig and Paige VanZant both made weight Friday afternoon at the Prudential Center in Newark. read news >>

UFC on FOX 15 weigh-ins: Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold

At the UFC on FOX 15 weigh-ins, Lyoto Machida and Luke Rockhold both made weight Friday evening at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. read news >>

Anderson Silva Requests Rematch with Nick Diaz in Brazil

Anderson Silva is casually going about his business, despite having the weight of the entire MMA world on his shoulders. Multiple failed drug tests have tarnished his image, and in an attempt to make read news >>

A grateful Mark Coleman on his recent troubles: 'I gotta fight through this'

Mark Coleman has been scrapping his entire life. So the first UFC heavyweight champion's mental approach to his recent setbacks should surprise no one who has followed his career. "I'm just taking th read news >>

UFC Poland results - Seth Baczynski KO'd in 8 seconds in preliminary card action

Check out the results from the entire eight-fight preliminary card at UFC Fight Night: Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop 2 in Krakow, Poland. The UFC's debut in Poland didn't start off too well for the Polish figh read news >>

5 No. 1 Contender Bouts We'd Like to See in the UFC

The UFC is now host to 10 weight classifications, and that opens the door to a plethora of title fights that fans are clamoring to see. A piece of that puzzle includes determining the top-ranked cont read news >>

GLORY 20 weigh in results: All fighters make weight for Dubai kickboxing card

The weigh ins for the GLORY 20 and GLORY Superfight Series took place on Thursday afternoon (April 2, 2015) in Dubai and the results are now official. The five-fight main card takes place on Friday ( read news >>

Glory 20 puts the spotlight on lineal kickboxing titles in lower weight classes

Glory 20 features two Glory title fights, but also a ton of action in the lineal title picture. Get the full breakdown here, with tons of info for you. Fraser here, welcoming you to the latest instal read news >>