The UFC returns to pay-per-view on Saturday with “UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz,” and fans are invited to a variety of events on Wednesday in Montreal.
UFC 158, of course, takes place at Montreal’s Bell Centre, and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre meets challenger Nick Diaz in the headliner.
In addition to Thursday’s press conference (closed to fans) and Friday’s UFC 158 weigh-ins (open to fans), Wednesday features a full slate of events for fight fans.
The traditional open workouts take place at Montreal’s Complexe Desjardins (150 Sainte-Catherine St W). They begin at 11 a.m. ET with Carlos Condit and Jake Ellenberger, and they’re followed by Diaz and Johny Hendricks (noon ET), as well as St-Pierre, Nate Marquardt and Patrick Cote (1 p.m. ET). Photo and autograph opportunities are often available.
Additionally, the UFC Experience also takes place Wednesday at Complexe Desjardins. The schedule for the free event includes:
- 8 a.m. ET – Fan Zone opens
- 10 a.m. – Autograph signing with UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald
- 10-11 a.m. – Karate Sunfuki Longueuil student karate demonstration
- 11-2 p.m. – UFC 158 open workouts
- 3-4 p.m. – Autograph signing with former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes
- 3-4 p.m. – Karate Sunfuki Longueuil student karate demonstration
- 4 p.m. – Celebrity MMA seminar with Tristar Gym MMA Coach Firas Zahabi (and Montreal Alouettes Anthony Calvillo and Pat Lavoie; Olympians Bruny Surin, Marianne St. Gelais and Charles Hamelin; and former NHL players Georges Laracque, Mathieu Dandenault and Denis Gauthie
- 6 p.m. – Fan Zone closes
For more on UFC 158, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Georges St-Pierre)
view original article >>