Eric Reynolds XFCChange seems to be the theme of late for lightweight Eric “It’s A Wrap” Reynolds. Following a move to the XFC and to a new team, Reynolds has won back-to-back fights.

As Reynolds explained to, the move to The Dungeon in Sarasota, Fla., has “made a tremendous difference.

“The gym I’m at now, we’re one big family and everyone’s fighting, competing and getting each other better. We keep a very high pace in the gym and everyone’s got a good, positive outlook on it. You surround yourself with people that are positive and doing well; you’re going to be positive and doing well too.”

More specially, changes to Reynolds’ strength and conditioning regime have complimented his already dangerous skillset.

“I’m healthier than I was and more mature mentally, so it’s all coming together,” he said. “I’m constantly adding new routines to keep things fresh because if you’re getting comfortable, you’re not in the right place. I keep things switched up.

“I worked on my strength a lot because in my previous fights guys were taking me down and I was having a hard time getting out of bad positions. Now it’s hard to get me into bad positions and easy for me to get out. It makes it harder for guys to deal with me in those aspects.”

Originally Reynolds was supposed to have his second fight of the year against Danny Salinas at XFC 20 on Friday night in Knoxville, Tenn., live on AXS TV, but Salinas was forced out of the bout and now Lorenzo Borgomeo steps into the fight.

For Reynolds, the change came early enough that tweaks to his strategy have been made, but ultimately he expects a similar fight than the one he was prepping for, thus his game plan remains the same as it ever was.

“They both pretty much have similar styles. They both like to stand up and like to bang, so I’m expecting a stand-up war from Lorenzo,” said Reynolds.

“What sets me apart from him and pretty much everyone else is my hands. Not only am I heavy-handed and hit hard, I hit fast. It’s definitely a nightmare for anyone that steps in the cage with me. That should be their number one concern.”

Having the stability he’s always lacked – with The Dungeon and in the XFC – Reynolds feels that now he can truly make the kind of run he always felt he was capable of.

“I was always a replacement fighter or a last-minute guy and that had something to do with the rough patches I had in my career,” he said. “Now that I’m having good notice in my fights, I’ve become the number one ranked guy in the XFC and it has me in title contention.

“Not only do I want to work hard to win the title and be the champion, I’m going to work hard to keep the belt and remain the champion, because you get out of it what you put into it. I’m on a two-fight winning streak and I’ve beaten two top-level opponents and there’s only one way to go from here and that’s up.”

UFC Fight Night 77’s Kevin Souza wants a top-five opponent with win

UFC featherweight Kevin Souza said injuries have hampered his career, but he’s still managed to win three straight in the UFC’s octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chas Skelly Continuing to Establish Himself as a Top UFC Featherweight

After suffering the only loss of his career in 2014 to Mirsad Bektic in his UFC debut, featherweight Chas “Scrapper” Skelly has rebounded with three straight wins. read news >>

Bellator 145 Results: Winners, Scorecards, Reaction from Freire vs. Straus 3

Daniel Straus finally got it right. On Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri at Bellator 145, Straus defeated long-time nemesis and reigning featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire via unanimo read news >>

Alan 'The Talent' Belcher Retires

Alan Belcher called it a career Friday, announcing his retirement from MMA after an 11-year journey which included 18 victories and nine knockouts. read news >>

James Thompson on Bobby Lashley's MMA career: 'I don't know what he's thinking'

James Thompson isn’t particularly impressed with the way in which Bellator 145 opponent Bobby Lashley has gone through his MMA career. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Patricio Pitbull in Top Form Heading into Bellator 145 Main Event Trilogy Bout

Most fighters focus on getting better with their fighting techniques, growing their arsenal of finishing moves. No doubt, Bellator featherweight champion Patricio “Pitbull” Freire works hard to make read news >>

Balancing Fighting with the Military, Sean Richman Ready to Prove He’s Legit

Having to balance his military service, his family, and his fighting career, Sean Richman is out to prove he's legit at RFA 32 on Friday night. read news >>

'ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer' heads to Cambodia with Tynanes-Yakhyaev

ONE Championship is heading to Cambodia in December for “ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer,” officials recently announced.Filed under: News read news >>

James Thompson's gambling addiction nearly ruined his MMA career

James Thompson can pinpoint the moment it all went downhill: May 31, 2008 is a date that will stick firm in his memory, and many longtime MMA fans remember it just as well.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Finally Healthy, Abel Trujillo is Fight Ready

Abel Trujillo can’t pinpoint the exact details surrounding the day when he was given the green light to compete again after suffering a broken arm earlier this year, but suffice to say, he was more t read news >>