It appears Eddie Alvarez and Bellator will settle their differences in a courtroom instead of behind closed doors.

“We will be going to trial, and there will be no settlement,” Alvarez wrote Thursday on Twitter. “I want to see this thing through and let the truth come out in the end.”

Bellator’s former lightweight champion saw his contract with the Viacom-owned promotion expire in October, and Bellator waived its exclusive negotiating period on the condition that Alvarez only elicit an offer from the UFC. The fighter did just that and was offered an eight-fight deal from MMA’s largest promoter, and Bellator exercised its matching rights.

Alvarez, however, did not believe Bellator’s deal to be a match and stated his intent to sign with the UFC. In response, Bellator filed suit alleging breach of contract and tortious interference, to which Alvarez responded with a countersuit, seeking an injunction that would allow him to compete at UFC 159. That injunction was denied in January, and the sides resumed the negotiations that have apparently halted of late.

Alvarez also revealed Thursday that he has renovated and sold an investment property in Philadelphia in order to move to Boca Raton, Fla., presumably to set up shop at the Jaco Hybrid Training Center with the Blackzilians under the supervision of manager Glenn Robinson.

“I recently sold an investment property in order to wait this trial thing out,” Alvarez wrote. “I didn’t want to sell it. It was supposed to be a retirement thing, but that’s how s--t goes. I am taking the funds from the sale of the home and moving to Florida with my family. My goal is to train with the best team and coaches in the world, beat this court case, become No. 1 in the world and keep it.”

Alvarez, 29, has won nine of his last 10 fights, with his lone defeat in that span coming to Michael Chandler in November 2011. Since relinquishing the Bellator lightweight belt to Chandler, Alvarez has won back-to-back fights, smashing Dream champion Shinya Aoki in their rematch before knocking out hard-punching Brazilian Patricky Freire this past October.

Though it is unknown how long Alvarez’s dispute with Bellator could drag on in court, the fighter nevertheless believes he can use the forthcoming layoff to his advantage.

“On the good side, I made a s--t load of cash from selling my property, so me and the fam should be straight for a while. I am in no hurry. This has always been a marathon for me, not a sprint. Time will only make me more dangerous when I fight. I promise. I’ll be training as if I have a fight, no matter what the circumstances.”

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Conor McGregor Will Fight Eddie Alvarez for Lightweight Title in NYC | FIGHTLAND

No UFC fighter has ever been the champion of two divisions, but Conor McGregor will get a shot at his second belt when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 on November 12. The fight, announced yester read news >>

Conor McGregor Fan Trolls Eddie Alvarez Hard at UFC 205 Press Conference |

Watch this ballsy fan call out Eddie Alvarez at the UFC 205 press conference, much to Conor McGregor's amusement. read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

Conor McGregor Ridicules Eddie Alvarez, ‘They Begged Me!’ |

Conor McGregor's tongue was as sharp as ever when he unleashed his fury and ridiculed lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez at a UFC 205 press conference. read news >>

Conor McGregor is the Betting Favorite Against UFC Champ Eddie Alvarez |

As Nate Diaz would say, "I'm not surprised." Conor McGregor is the betting favorite against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. read news >>

Ex-Bellator champ Alexander Volkov debuts with promotion vs. Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99

The UFC has another new heavyweight in its ranks – and he’s a former Bellator champion. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Conor McGregor: Mystic Mac is Back with His UFC 205 Prediction (video) |

Mystic Mac is back! Conor McGregor flamed Eddie Alvarez with a scorching prediction for their Nov. 12 UFC 205 headlining bout in New York. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Comments on Conor McGregor Ahead of UFC 205 Title Fight

UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has said he’ll do whatever he wants to Conor McGregor when the two men meet at UFC 205. The pair will battle it out in New York on November 12 in one of the yea read news >>