diego-sanchez-18.jpgDiego Sanchez isn’t happy about being characterized as a sparring dummy, and Melvin Guillard isn’t happy that people think that’s his opinion.

Sanchez had harsh words for “The Young Assassin” in advance of his fight with Ross Pearson, which headlines Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 30 at Phones4u Arena in Manchester, England.

On Twitter, Sanchez (24-6 MMA, 13-6 UFC) on Wednesday wrote Guillard (31-12-2 MMA, 12-8 UFC) was “making up fake stories” by claiming to have “dropped” him in practice when they trained together at Jackson-Winkeljohn’s MMA in Albuquerque, N.M.

Im not even gonna start with you OK,” he wrote.

But if you’ve seen Sanchez’s barnburner with Gilbert Melendez at this past Saturday’s UFC 166, you know that he doesn’t back away from a fight.

“Everybody @JacksonsMMA know the truth your full of s–t melv & never dropped me!” Sanchez wrote today.

The reaction from the UFC lightweight and the MMA world has Guillard pointing the finger at reporters who wrote the story, which came out of an open media workout in support of Saturday’s event on FOX Sports 2 and MMAjunkie.com.

Guillard was asked about his reaction to Sanchez vs. Melendez, which is a shoo-in for “Fight of the Year” and already is hailed as one of the best fights in UFC history.

I would have dropped either one of them,” Guillard told MMAjunkie.com. “I used to drop Diego Sanchez in practice all the time. When I hit people, I hurt people. That’s just what I do.”

Guillard, who left Jackson-Winkeljohn’s in 2011 and earlier this year was blocked from returning, today tweeted, “the media twisting my words that’s why I hate giving interviews now I’m a fighter what you expect me to say that this guys would wipe my ass.”

Several hours later, he again said he’s been misinterpreted.

“Omg people I’m a fighter remember we fight stop taking everything out of context please I ment nothing by that ok we fight that’s what we do,” he wrote.

Guillard and Sanchez were unreachable for comment at the time of this writing.

On Saturday, Guillard hopes to build on momentum earned with a knockout of Mac Danzig at this past July’s UFC on FOX 8, which snapped a 1-4 run in the octagon. He recently switched gym affiliations again, joining forces with Florida’s American Top Team after a short stint at Grudge Training Center in Denver.

Sanchez, meanwhile, remains unbooked after losing a unanimous decision against Melendez. Recently, he tweeted his desire to fight Nate Diaz, who is scheduled to fight a rubber match with two-time title challenger Gray Maynard at The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale.

But maybe after hearing Guillard’s comments, Sanchez might be persuaded to take aim at a new target.

For more on UFC Fight Night 30, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Diego Sanchez)

UFC fires back at Floyd Mayweather with video of Ronda Rousey ragdolling contenders

Somebody get that Chris Tucker .gif from "Friday" or fire up a Kelso clip from "That '70s Show "because Floyd Mayweather just got BURNED. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) took a dig at the boxing read news >>

Andrew Sanchez dominates, devastates John Poppie to claim vacant RFA middleweight belt

Andrew Sanchez thoroughly dominated John Poppie from start to finish, then ended their championship fight in devastating fashion, claiming the vacant RFA middleweight title in the process.Filed under read news >>

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>

Diego Sanchez Drops to Featherweight, Will Face Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

Diego Sanchez is shedding weight again. UFC.com's Thomas Gerbasi reported Wednesday that Sanchez will drop from lightweight to featherweight for his next bout, a Nov. 21 tilt with the No. 4-ranked Ri read news >>

Diego Sanchez Makes Featherweight Debut Against Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

After having debuted in the UFC as a middleweight in 2005 and competing as a welterweight and lightweight, Diego Sanchez will debut as a featherweight on Nov. 21 against Ricardo Lamas. read news >>

Diego Sanchez to make UFC featherweight debut vs. Ricardo Lamas

Diego Sanchez will make his debut at 145 lbs this November in a big fight against top 10 ranked Ricardo Lamas. Diego Sanchez, perhaps quite fittingly, is the only cast member from the inaugural seaso read news >>

Diego Sanchez moves to featherweight, faces Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

Diego Sanchez is ready for another new weight class. Sanchez, the last remaining cast member from The Ultimate Fighter 1 on the UFC roster, will meet Ricardo Lamas at featherweight on the Nov. 21 UFC read news >>

Diego Sanchez heads to featherweight, meets Ricardo Lamas at UFC Fight Night 79

Diego Sanchez is set to make his debut in his fourth different UFC weight class as part of November’s UFC Fight Night 79 event in Mexico.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 79: Diego Sanchez drops to 145, fights Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

Ask and you shall receive. Longtime Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight veteran and winner of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season one, Diego Sanchez, is finally making that oft-teased drop read news >>

Chad Mendes fires back at Duane Ludwig: 'we made him, we put him on the map'

Top UFC featherweight contender Chad Mendes is tired of hearing about former coach, Duane Ludwig. read news >>