dana-white-100.jpgSAN JOSE, Calif. – As a former Boston resident, Dana White admits it’s a struggle for him to not talk about this past week’s Boston Marathon bombings. But the UFC president is sure of one thing: He’s going to try and do something to help those suffering.

“I have a hard time talking about this in public because if I really do talk about it, I’m going to come off like a psycho,” White said at Saturday’s post-UFC on FOX 7 press conference. “I’ve really limited talking about it, but I’m going to Boston on Saturday. After [UFC 159], I’m jumping on a plane and flying to Boston, and I’m actually going to go visit some people that were affected by this horrible event.”

Boston, of course, has been at the center of the news universe in recent days after a pair of bombs exploded near the finish line of Monday’s 2013 Boston Marathon, the 117th edition of the historic race.

The attacks injured 183 people and killed three others, including an 8-year-old boy. Many of those injured were left with missing or mangled limbs.

“The story that gets me is the mother that was crossing the finish line and the 8-year-old that was killed and the 6-year-old that lost her leg by a couple of f—ing cowards,” White said.

White spent much of his youth in Boston and retains ties to the community. He has thus far largely declined to comment on the situation, each time holding back obvious emotions as he refuses to elaborate on his true feelings. Now he’s committing financial support to those affected by the tragedy.

White said details of his plan are still being arranged, as his relief efforts aren’t at the behest of any organization but rather a personal mission he feels compelled to address.

“I’m going to go to Boston and write some checks,” White said. “I don’t even know how I’m going to do it or what I’m going to do, but I’m going. I want to go. I’m going next weekend.”

Featuring a light heavyweight title fight between current champ Jon Jones and top contender Chael Sonnen, UFC 159 takes place April 27 in Newark, N.J.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 7, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Khabib Nurmagomedov Doesn't Want to Bully Jose Aldo | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov admits that he doesn't want to fight Jose Aldo... because he's not a bully. read news >>

Dana White Weighs In on Cris Cyborg Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

News broke on Thursday that Cris Cyborg had been flagged for a potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy violation. A short time later, Dana White chimed in. read news >>

'Cyborg' refusal to take 145-pound UFC fights 'not so strange now,' says Dana White

The UFC’s decision to leave Invicta FC champ Cristiane Justino out of the promotion’s first title fight at the newly-created women’s 145-pound division raised some eyebrows. UFC boss Dana White think read news >>

Dana White Confirms UFC 208 Headliner, Again Shoots Down McGregor vs. Mayweather (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White joined Good Day New York on Thursday, confirming the headliner for UFC 208 in Brooklyn. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor could face Khabib Nurmagomedov in first lightweight title defense

With UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor set to take some time away from the octagon to begin 2017, there hasn’t been much talk of who he could fight next following his title-winning knockout of read news >>

Is Conor McGregor the UFC's Top Pound-for-Pound Fighter? | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White recently said that Conor McGregor is the top pound-for-pound fighter. Do you agree? read news >>

Jose Aldo Says Conor McGregor Never Was Featherweight Champ | MMAWeekly.com

Jose Aldo admits Conor McGregor defeated him, but says he never stopped being the champion. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Brock Lesnar's Future with UFC

The UFC suspended Brock Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 after it was revealed he failed two drug tests prior to his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200. It appears his time in the Octagon may be read news >>

Dana White not expecting another comeback by ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar

Never say never, but it appears Brock Lesnar’s career as a UFC fighter could be over once and for all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Brock Lesnar Back to the UFC? Dana White Doesn't Think So | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White won't ever slam the door, but said that he doesn't think Brock Lesnar will return to MMA following his suspension. read news >>