dana-white-100.jpgSAN JOSE, Calif. – As a former Boston resident, Dana White admits it’s a struggle for him to not talk about this past week’s Boston Marathon bombings. But the UFC president is sure of one thing: He’s going to try and do something to help those suffering.

“I have a hard time talking about this in public because if I really do talk about it, I’m going to come off like a psycho,” White said at Saturday’s post-UFC on FOX 7 press conference. “I’ve really limited talking about it, but I’m going to Boston on Saturday. After [UFC 159], I’m jumping on a plane and flying to Boston, and I’m actually going to go visit some people that were affected by this horrible event.”

Boston, of course, has been at the center of the news universe in recent days after a pair of bombs exploded near the finish line of Monday’s 2013 Boston Marathon, the 117th edition of the historic race.

The attacks injured 183 people and killed three others, including an 8-year-old boy. Many of those injured were left with missing or mangled limbs.

“The story that gets me is the mother that was crossing the finish line and the 8-year-old that was killed and the 6-year-old that lost her leg by a couple of f—ing cowards,” White said.

White spent much of his youth in Boston and retains ties to the community. He has thus far largely declined to comment on the situation, each time holding back obvious emotions as he refuses to elaborate on his true feelings. Now he’s committing financial support to those affected by the tragedy.

White said details of his plan are still being arranged, as his relief efforts aren’t at the behest of any organization but rather a personal mission he feels compelled to address.

“I’m going to go to Boston and write some checks,” White said. “I don’t even know how I’m going to do it or what I’m going to do, but I’m going. I want to go. I’m going next weekend.”

Featuring a light heavyweight title fight between current champ Jon Jones and top contender Chael Sonnen, UFC 159 takes place April 27 in Newark, N.J.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 7, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Devin Powell Intends to Impress Dana White, Who is Looking for a Fight

Devin Powell won't say Friday night's NEF fight is now or never, but knows he needs to impress UFC president Dana White, who will be in the audience. read news >>

Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight Picked Up by Netflix

Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight was originally available on UFC Fight Pass and YouTube, but will soon be available on Netflix to its 83 million subscribers. read news >>

Conor McGregor was Happy for Jose Aldo’s Victory, but Undecided if He’s Next (UFC 202 Video)

Dana White has said that, win or lose, featherweight champion Conor McGregor is going to defend his belt next. McGregor, however, isn't nearly as certain. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Will Defend 145-Pound Title, Stephen Thompson Gets Welterweight Title Shot

UFC president Dana White expects Conor McGregor to defend his featherweight title after his UFC 202 rematch against Nate Diaz. read news >>

Conor McGregor Non-Committal on Featherweight Defense, Wants NY or Dublin

Despite Dana White continuing to say that he expects Conor McGregor to defend his featherweight title next, McGregor hasn't yet committed to such a fight. read news >>

Dana White Says it Looks Like Jon Jones Took ‘Something Else,’ Could Be Good News

Dana White on Tuesday appeared to back Jon Jones' recent statement that he could be back really soon. read news >>

Dana White’s State of the Promotion: UFC 202 Edition (Video)

Dana White joined The Herd on Tuesday to chat with Nick Wright. Hear his thoughts on everything UFC 202, UFC's expansion, the state of pro boxing, and more. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Will Defend Featherweight Title or He’ll Give It Up

Conor McGregor may be undecided about what's next for him after rematching Nate Diaz at UFC 202, but company president Dana White is not. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz Will Be Punished for Bottle-Throwing Incident

UFC president Dana White expects the Nevada Athletic Commission to be heavy handed when it punishes Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz UFC 202 Press Conference

Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor may have done a good job adding pay-per-view buys to their UFC 202 main event Saturday with a chaotic press conference earlier in the week, but the two fighters could be read news >>