Anderson Silva vs Georges St-Pierre UFC

Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre

“I say it all the time, I truly believe that my job is to give people the fights that they want to see. The fights that they want to pay for.”

That has been UFC president Dana White’s mantra for a long time, and he reiterated that sentiment after UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre defeated Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in Montreal in December.

There is one fight that fans have been clamoring to see for the past couple of years: Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre. Thus far, White hasn’t made it happen, but it appears that the two are on a collision course and could meet as soon as this year.

Silva steps into the main event of UFC 126 to defend his middleweight title against Vitor Belfort. St-Pierre is slated to face Jake Shields in defense of his belt at UFC 129 at the end of April.

“(If Silva wins against Belfort on Feb. 5), then Georges St-Pierre needs to beat Jake Shields in Toronto. That happens, then we’re probably gonna do that fight,” White told the troops that assembled on Friday for a question and answer session.

“If they both win, that fight makes all the sense in the world.”

One key factor holding up the fight has been St-Pierre’s reluctance to bounce around weight classes or fight at a catch weight. St-Pierre has fought his entire career at welterweight and has become the most dominant fighter in the class. If he has to change weight classes to fight Silva, it’s going to be a permanent move.

“If I go up in a weight class, I’m going to have to put muscle on my body because I’m going to be too small for 185,” St-Pierre said after UFC 124. “If I put muscle on my body and I go up to 185, I’m going to have to stay at 185. I don’t want to go up and down because when you go up and down, you see what happened to Roy Jones (Jr.) it messed up the reaction time.

“If I want to go up, I’m going to stay up. I don’t want to play up, down, up, down.”

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

Dana White Discusses Jon Jones in Interview with Colin Cowherd

Jon Jones was removed from UFC 200 after the United States Anti-Doping Agency informed him of a possible doping violation on Wednesday, and UFC President Dana White was not thrilled with the untimely read news >>

Dana White Done With Jon Jones, Says He Should Clean House

After years of dealing with numerous out-of-the-Octagon issues swirling around Jon Jones, UFC president Dana White is done dealing with him. read news >>

Anderson Silva a Betting Underdog Against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is a betting underdog going into his UFC 200 fight against Daniel Cormier. read news >>

Cormier vs. Silva: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 200

After the initial furore over Anderson Silva stepping in to face Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 following Jon Jones' removal from the card, it was time for the pair to weigh in ahead of their clash on Sat read news >>

Dana White Reportedly Received Death Threats from Former MMA Fighter Dan Quinn

Former MMA fighter Dan Quinn reportedly threatened UFC President Dana White ahead of UFC 200, per TMZ Sports. TMZ talked to sources who said Quinn allegedly intends to show up to Saturday's pay-per-v read news >>

UFC 200 Results: Daniel Cormier Grabs Unanimous Decision Over Anderson Silva

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier went the distance with Anderson Silva on Saturday, picking up a unanimous decision on the UFC 200 main card at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anderson Silva Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Daniel Cormier might have been robbed of his opportunity to test himself against Jon Jones, but he still beat a fighter with a case to be considered the greatest of all time at UFC 200. The light hea read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Daniel Cormier Bests the Legend, Anderson Silva

When Daniel Cormier's original UFC 200 opponent, Jon Jones, was pulled from the fight card, former middleweight champ Anderson Silva stepped up. read news >>