Anderson Silva vs Georges St-Pierre UFC

Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre

“I say it all the time, I truly believe that my job is to give people the fights that they want to see. The fights that they want to pay for.”

That has been UFC president Dana White’s mantra for a long time, and he reiterated that sentiment after UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre defeated Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in Montreal in December.

There is one fight that fans have been clamoring to see for the past couple of years: Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre. Thus far, White hasn’t made it happen, but it appears that the two are on a collision course and could meet as soon as this year.

Silva steps into the main event of UFC 126 to defend his middleweight title against Vitor Belfort. St-Pierre is slated to face Jake Shields in defense of his belt at UFC 129 at the end of April.

“(If Silva wins against Belfort on Feb. 5), then Georges St-Pierre needs to beat Jake Shields in Toronto. That happens, then we’re probably gonna do that fight,” White told the troops that assembled on Friday for a question and answer session.

“If they both win, that fight makes all the sense in the world.”

One key factor holding up the fight has been St-Pierre’s reluctance to bounce around weight classes or fight at a catch weight. St-Pierre has fought his entire career at welterweight and has become the most dominant fighter in the class. If he has to change weight classes to fight Silva, it’s going to be a permanent move.

“If I go up in a weight class, I’m going to have to put muscle on my body because I’m going to be too small for 185,” St-Pierre said after UFC 124. “If I put muscle on my body and I go up to 185, I’m going to have to stay at 185. I don’t want to go up and down because when you go up and down, you see what happened to Roy Jones (Jr.) it messed up the reaction time.

“If I want to go up, I’m going to stay up. I don’t want to play up, down, up, down.”

Dana White Shoots Down Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva Rumor |

Dana White continues to doubt Georges St-Pierre's desire to return, shooting down rumors of a St-Pierre fight against Anderson Silva. read news >>

Dana White responds to rumors of Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre at UFC 206

Could Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre finally happen? read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva Apologizes, Dana White Accepts |

Thank goodness we have TMZ to bring Anderson Silva and Dana White together, keeping the MMA world in harmony. read news >>

Despite White's comments, Anthony Johnson never considered Jon Jones matchup realistic

Anthony Johnson was as puzzled as anyone when UFC President Dana White said that instead of giving “Rumble” a title shot against light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in his next fight, he wanted read news >>

Michael Bisping Teases Fight with GSP, Dana White Says 'It's Not Happening'

• an hour ago

Michael Bisping is chasing money signs, and he seems to have located one in GSP. Or rather, G$P. Bisping, the reigning UFC middleweight champion, has been angling for this fight since the summer. The read news >>

Nick Diaz 'wants to fight' and is 'ready to go,' says UFC boss Dana White

Nick Diaz could soon be on his way back to the octagon after nearly two years away, according to UFC President Dana White.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

White fires back at critics saying Ronda Rousey doesn't deserve title shot

Dana White says Ronda Rousey deserves a shot at Amanda Nunes read news >>