Nick Diaz UFC 129If you’re waiting for Nick Diaz to return to the Octagon, don’t hold your breath.

UFC president Dana White on Saturday evening revealed that he made a fight offer to Diaz last week. Diaz, however, isn’t interested in cutting his retirement short for what the UFC is offering.

“I made the offer to them last week,” White told a group of reporters, following UFC Fight Night 32. “They called me back and said he’s retired.”

The rejection White got from Diaz is the latest in a slew of conversations between the UFC and the fighter’s management that end in “no thanks.” One of the most recent reported offerings to Diaz was a match-up against middleweight contender Michael Bisping. White said he loved that fight, but explained it wouldn’t happen based off his talks with Diaz’s representation.

“Everything I hear from Nick Diaz is that he doesn’t want to fight,” White said in Houston during the week leading up to UFC 166.

Diaz left the UFC – and fighting, apparently – after losing his opportunity for the UFC welterweight title in a March bout with champion Georges St-Pierre. The fighter reportedly said he would remain retired, only coming back to the UFC for big fights.

White wouldn’t reveal who he offered to Diaz and his management, but it apparently wasn’t big enough to lure the fighter out of the comfort of his Stockton, Calif., home.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White: 'Cyborg' Justino turned down multiple UFC featherweight title fights

  • 2 days ago
  • 66 views

According to UFC President Dana White, Cristiane Justino could be in position to be a UFC champion. She just needed to stop turning down fights.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Taking 10 Months Off | MMAWeekly.com

  • 2 days ago
  • 35 views

UFC president Dana White revealed on Tuesday that Conor McGregor is taking ten months off for maternity leave. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: UFC President Dana White, Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis

  • 2 days ago
  • 4 views

UFC President Dana White calls in to discuss a wide range of topics including the newly announced MMA Athletes Association, Conor McGregor fighting Floyd Mayweather, Cris Cyborg turning down two Wome read news >>

Dana White Comments on Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association, Bjorn Rebney

  • a day ago
  • 26 views

UFC president Dana White is rarely shy about voicing his opinion, and he was no different when discussing last week's announcement of the Mixed Martial Arts Athlete Association. Speaking on the UFC U read news >>

UFC President Dana White on MMAAA's Bjorn Rebney: 'a POS this guy is'

  • a day ago
  • 40 views

UFC President Dana White indicated he isn't opposed to fighters uniting in an effort to make their lives better. But in no uncertain terms, he said the guy tasked as an "advisor" to the most recent e read news >>

Conor McGregor Taking 10 Months off from UFC, According to Dana White

  • a day ago
  • 38 views

UFC President Dana White revealed on the UFC Unfiltered podcast with Jim Norton and Matt Serra that superstar Conor McGregor would be taking 10 months off. The topic came up while White was discussin read news >>

Dana White Explains Why Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes Were Fired from UFC | MMAWeekly.com

  • a day ago
  • 866 views

UFC president Dana White explains why UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes were let got from the fight promotion after it's $4 billion sale. read news >>

Dana White 'Shocked' by One Fighter Who Joined MMA Athletes Association | MMAWeekly.com

  • a day ago
  • 33 views

Dana White wasn't so much shocked by the formation of a new fighter association, but he was taken aback by one fighter's inclusion. read news >>

Donald Cerrone planning dinner with Dana White to discuss participation in MMAAA

  • a day ago
  • 30 views

Donald Cerrone was one of the more surprising names involved with the launch of the MMA Athletes Association (MMAAA).Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nick Diaz and Nevada Athletic Commission Reach Agreement | MMAWeekly.com

  • a day ago
  • 36 views

Nick Diaz and the Nevada Athletic Commission have reach an agreement that will allow the Stockton native to compete again and/or serve as a cornerman. read news >>