Cris Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager believes a bout with Ronda Rousey will happen, but not at 135 pounds.

UFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz now manages former Strikeforce titleholder Cris Santos.  He spoke with MMAWeekly.com about Santos’ career, her return and a possible bout with Ronda Rousey.

“It is going to happen, for sure.  The fans are going to get that fight – at 135-pounds, no way.  She can’t do it healthwise, but the fight is going to happen, for sure,” said Ortiz about a Cyborg match-up with Rousey.

“When Cris Cyborg dominates and takes out Ronda Rousey then she’ll be right back in the shoes when she was a world champion and taking out some of the biggest names in the women’s division.”

Santos was stripped of her title after testing positive for a banned substance following her technical knockout win over Hiroko Yamanaka in December.  The win has since been changed to a no contest and Santos is currently serving a suspension from fighting.

“I know the mishap she happened to have last year,” said Ortiz.  “She was just in the wrong hands I think.  She stood up for herself.  She said, yes, I made a mistake.  I sat down and talked to her and told her we can’t have this happen ever again.  I kind of want to revamp you and make you the true champion you are.

“She said, ’yes, I made a mistake. The people around me were bad people, but I’m the one that made the decision and I shouldn’t have and I’ll never do it again.’

I said, ‘I’ll put my stamp on you. You’re a great fighter. You’re one of the best in the world.’ No girl can touch this girl. This girl is amazing. She is an amazing fighter.”

In her time away from competing, Santos has been working to make herself more marketable in the U.S.

“We actually have her in English classes right now.  I’m trying to help build her brand.  She promised me that she’s going to do everything in her power that she possibly can to continue to be a world champion.  We’re just waiting for her suspension to be lifted.  I think it’s in November,” said Ortiz.

“I want her to defend her title as long as Anderson Silva did… because the women’s division has taken off.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Strikeforce and MMA news.

Ronda Rousey targets Holly Holm rematch in 2016: 'That's what I want to do'

It won’t happen at UFC 200 in July, but Ronda Rousey wants her championship rematch with women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm to take place before the year is out. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Not Going Away, Plans to Fight Holly Holm Later This Year

For those that question Ronda Rousey's resiliency, no, she's not going away anytime soon. In fact, she intends to return to the Octagon later this year. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Claudia Gadelha Tapped as 'TUF 23' Coaches, Fight July 8

The rematch is set. Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Claudia Gadelha will happen, but everyone will have to wait a little bit before watching it go down. The two elite strawweights will coach the upcoming seas read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Holly Holm Rematch and Discussions over Next Fight

Ronda Rousey has denied rumours she is planning to retire from MMA and insisted she will fight Holly Holm again in 2016. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion lost her title and her unbeaten r read news >>

Conor McGregor Slams Rafael dos Anjos, Reveals Welterweight Plans in UFC Presser

Conor McGregor believes he could beat everyone "in the game" in four months and has vowed to claim three UFC belts in 2016 while speaking at the UFC 197 press conference Wednesday in Las Vegas. The N read news >>

Ronda Rousey Told to Show Her Face by Mike Tyson in Conan Interview

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has encouraged UFC star Ronda Rousey to step out of the shadows, insisting the former bantamweight titleholder has nothing to be ashamed of. Rousey read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey throws 'SNL' cast member Beck Bennett before Saturday's show

Ronda Rousey may have her return to the octagon on hold for the time being, but she’ll take a crack at holding the sketch comedy world’s attention on Saturday. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Holly Holm bypassed immediate big payday of a Ronda Rousey rematch (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: In what could be criticized as a bad business decision, Holm explains the benefit of stepping into the Octagon against Miesha Tate. read news >>

Ronda Rousey to host SNL this Saturday, Jan. 23

UFC superstar Ronda Rousey is set to host Saturday Night Live on Jan. 23, 2016, and NBC has released a set of promotional videos featuring the former champion and comedian Beck Bennett. read news >>