Cris Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager believes a bout with Ronda Rousey will happen, but not at 135 pounds.

UFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz now manages former Strikeforce titleholder Cris Santos.  He spoke with MMAWeekly.com about Santos’ career, her return and a possible bout with Ronda Rousey.

“It is going to happen, for sure.  The fans are going to get that fight – at 135-pounds, no way.  She can’t do it healthwise, but the fight is going to happen, for sure,” said Ortiz about a Cyborg match-up with Rousey.

“When Cris Cyborg dominates and takes out Ronda Rousey then she’ll be right back in the shoes when she was a world champion and taking out some of the biggest names in the women’s division.”

Santos was stripped of her title after testing positive for a banned substance following her technical knockout win over Hiroko Yamanaka in December.  The win has since been changed to a no contest and Santos is currently serving a suspension from fighting.

“I know the mishap she happened to have last year,” said Ortiz.  “She was just in the wrong hands I think.  She stood up for herself.  She said, yes, I made a mistake.  I sat down and talked to her and told her we can’t have this happen ever again.  I kind of want to revamp you and make you the true champion you are.

“She said, ’yes, I made a mistake. The people around me were bad people, but I’m the one that made the decision and I shouldn’t have and I’ll never do it again.’

I said, ‘I’ll put my stamp on you. You’re a great fighter. You’re one of the best in the world.’ No girl can touch this girl. This girl is amazing. She is an amazing fighter.”

In her time away from competing, Santos has been working to make herself more marketable in the U.S.

“We actually have her in English classes right now.  I’m trying to help build her brand.  She promised me that she’s going to do everything in her power that she possibly can to continue to be a world champion.  We’re just waiting for her suspension to be lifted.  I think it’s in November,” said Ortiz.

“I want her to defend her title as long as Anderson Silva did… because the women’s division has taken off.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Strikeforce and MMA news.

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's UFC Return Amid Miesha Tate Fight Rumours

UFC president Dana White believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is "ready to fight" again, and she will return to the Octagon in November or December. That could open the door for read news >>

Cris Cyborg Expects Big UFC Fights in Her Future: Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Miesha Tate

On May 14 in Curitiba, Brazil, Cris Cyborg makes her UFC debut in a 140-pound catchweight bout, but sees much bigger fights in her future. read news >>

Michael Bisping Video: ‘I Deserve a Title Fight’

With his recent win over Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping believes that he deserves a shot at the UFC middleweight champion. read news >>

Vitor Belfort Says Winner of His UFC 198 Fight with Jacare Souza Deserves Title Shot

Third-ranked middleweight Vitor Belfort believes the winner of his UFC 198 bout against second-ranked Jacare Souza deserves a title fight. read news >>

Cris Cyborg UFC 198 Media Scrum: ‘I Believe Ronda Rousey Can Be Champion Again’

Cris Cyborg talked about her Octagon debut with Leslie Smith, her relationship with Dana White, and her thoughts on Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Jose Aldo Talks Conor McGregor's 'Lucky' Punch, Lack of UFC Rematch Frustration

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo believes Conor McGregor only won their highly anticipated fight at UFC 194 in December because he was "lucky" to land a knockout shot just seconds into the read news >>

Mike Dolce: After coaches meeting, Ronda Rousey plotting return and 'world domination'

This past month, renowned MMA nutritionist Mike Dolce found himself in Los Angeles for a “coaches meeting” with longtime client Ronda Rousey.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Thinks Justin Bieber Could Do MMA

Urijah Faber is heading into a fight of his own, but he believes entertainer Justin Bieber could also be a fighter. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Plans 'World Domination' as Lyoto Machida Issues Cyborg Warning

Ronda Rousey is planning a return to the UFC and is aiming to reassert the dominance she enjoyed before her November defeat to Holly Holm, according to her nutrition coach, Mike Dolce. Before the bru read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>