Cage Warriors signs 'TUF: Smashes' veteran Bola Omoyele to exclusive deal


bola-omoyele.jpgCage Warriors continues to sign some of Europe’s top welterweight fighters with the addition of Bola Omoyele (6-1).

The U.K.-based promotion has signed the British fighter to an exclusive deal, sources close to the promotion on Friday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Omoyele’s first bout with the promotion is not yet known. Cage Warriors returns Saturday with Cage Warriors Fight Night 8 in United Arab Emirates, then has shows announced for June 1 in Dublin and July 20 in Livperpool, England.

Omoyele was one of four U.K. welterweights on the UFC’s second international edition of “The Ultimate Fighter,” which featured competitors from Australia and the U.K. against each other. The season filmed and aired this past fall.

In the season’s fifth episode, Omoyele was stopped by Manny Rodriguez with a first-round north-south choke.

Omoyele, whose training includes American Top Team, has won five straight fights with four by TKO and another by submission due to strikes. All six of his wins are by stoppage from strikes.

The 31-year-old hasn’t fought in more than a year. In April 2012, he stopped Warren Kee in the first round at Ultimate Challenge MMA 27's co-main event in his native London. All six of his wins have come under the UCMMA banner.

Omoyele’s lone loss came by second-round TKO more than three years ago to Carl Noon in his second pro fight.

For more on Cage Warriors’ upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

  • 6 days ago
  • 27 views

Cage Warriors may be on a bit of a break right now, but what better time to look back on some monster highlights from 2014?Filed under: Cage Warriors, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

  • 5 days ago
  • 3 views

Cage Warriors has never been shy about submissions, and 2014 was no exception. Check out the killer tapout highlights from the promotion’s last year.Filed under: Cage Warriors, Featured, Featured Vid read news >>

  • 19 days ago
  • 76 views

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- UFC president Dana White says the promotion won’t make a dime off the Reebok deal, and all the money will go directly to the fighters. Fabricio Werdum, recently crowned UFC read news >>

  • 16 days ago
  • 1 views

Cage Warriors CEO Graham Boylan has stepped down from his position at the promotion's helm. For the last few years, Cage Warriors has risen exponentially from an organization on the brink of collapse read news >>

  • 15 days ago
  • 1 views

In a surprise announcement, Graham Boylan, the CEO of Cage Warriors, has announced his resignation. Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 35 views

LAS VEGAS -- The top fighters at UFC 183 squared off in front of fans and the media during UFC 183 media day Thursday afternoon at the MGM Grand. Check out the video above. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 60 views

Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, Josh Samman and other MMA fighters give their predictions for UFC 183's main event bout in Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz UFC 183's highly anticipated main event bout be read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 92 views

Check out the released payouts for the fighters who took part in this past weekend's UFC 183 in Las Vegas, Nevada. To no one's surprise, more than half of the UFC 183 payroll belonged to headliners A read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 9 views

One of the best welterweights to call the UFC home is chomping at the bit to get back in the cage, and we're not talking about a certain Canadian. Former welterweight title challenger Carlos "The Nat read news >>