UFC 152 fighter Brian Stann is very excited to be a part of the middleweight division right now, even if he is still a couple of fights away from potentially challenging for the title.

Stann faces Michael Bisping this weekend in Toronto, and despite his opponent’s outcry for title shots, the former Marine captain believes everyone at 185 pounds is still working to earn a shot at “the greatest of all time,” aka Anderson Silva.

“I think it’s the best time ever to be a UFC middleweight. It’s the most stacked the division’s ever been. It’s the most talented the division’s ever been in history,” Stann told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

“You’ve got about seven or eight guys that are going to be in the top ten in this division for probably the next three or four years, and we’re all just going to beat each other up. I think we’re all going to challenge for the title at some point or another, and we’re going to put on a lot of exciting fights because we’re all fighters.”

Stann is realistic about his placement in the 185-pound division, and he’s the first one to point that out.

Following a loss to Chael Sonnen in 2011, Stann retooled his training and worked to become a more complete mixed martial artist. Since then, he flattened Alessio Sakara in his lone performance in the Octagon, and he hopes to duplicate that against Bisping at UFC 152.

Still, Stann knows there’s a list of guys at middleweight all vying for the next shot at Anderson Silva, and it’s going to take a couple of great performances from any one of them to truly separate themselves from the pack.

“I don’t think (a win is) going to earn me a title shot,” Stann said about his fight with Michael Bisping. “I don’t think at that time I can go on the microphone and say, ‘hey, I deserve my shot.’ It’s just not the case. I think I’m going to need one or two more fights and that’s fine.

“It’s just because of the depth of the division. If the division wasn’t that deep then I could get away with doing that. I could get away with saying, ‘hey, I just beat Michael Bisping; one of the very best in the world. I want my shot.’ But you’ve got the Weidmans, you’ve got the Boetschs, you’ve got the Alan Belchers all out there, and I think we’ve got a little mini tournament set up. So it’s going to take another one or two wins for each guy to justify a shot against the greatest of all time.”

And the greatest of all time is who Stann aspires to face at one point or another in his career.

“Everybody wants their shot to fight the greatest of all time, everybody wants their shot to fight him, and I’m definitely one of them,” said Stann about facing Anderson Silva.

“He is the greatest of all time and I would love to fight him. I would be honored to fight him.”

For all things UFC 152 check out MMAWeekly’s UFC 152 page.

Yair Rodriguez: 'It's My Turn' (UFC Phoenix video) | MMAWeekly.com

Yair Rodriguez is excited to be facing a UFC legend in BJ Penn, but says it's his time to chase the belt. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 results: Sergio Pettis wins third straight, tops ex-title challenger John Moraga

PHOENIX – Sergio Pettis shredded John Moraga on the feet early on, then met him takedown for takedown down the stretch, as if to prove that he can do it all when he needs to. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 207 pre-fight facts: Garbrandt looking for number two slot on bantamweight knockout list

The UFC’s year-end fight card is always one of its biggest. That trend continues as the promotion closes out 2016.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey Watch List, Who to Watch Out For (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Senior Vice President of Talent Relations Sean Shelby sits down with Jon Anik to discuss who to look out for at UFC 207. read news >>

UFC 207 play-by-play and live results (7 p.m. ET)

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Friday’s UFC 207 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).Filed under: News, read news >>

UFC 207 discussion thread

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Friday’s UFC 207 event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, which kicks off at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed under: read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 207's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

LAS VEGAS – UFC 207 takes place Friday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. As usual, you can watch a live video stream of the post-event news conference here on MMAjunkie at approximately 1:30 a.m. ET (1 read news >>

UFC 207 early weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Thursday’s early and official UFC 207 fighter weigh-ins, which kick off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT local time).Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Watch Thursday's UFC 207 ceremonial weigh-ins live on MMAjunkie at 6 p.m. ET

LAS VEGAS – UFC 207 ceremonial fighter weigh-ins take place Friday, and you can catch a live video stream of the proceedings here on MMAjunkie at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT local time).Filed under: News, U read news >>

Reminder: 'Countdown to UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey' debuts today on FS1

As a reminder, the UFC’s traditional pre-event show returns today with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey” on FS1.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>