alexander-sarnavskiy-1.jpgAlexander Sarnavskiy has three words to describe himself as a fighter: technical, angry and conditioned.

The Russian thinks the last one is going to be particularly relevant in his next bout, which takes place tonight against Marcus Davis (22-9 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at Bellator 101.

“He’s older than me, so I think stamina would become a factor in our fight,” Sarnavskiy (23-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) told MMAjunkie.com.

The 24-year-old fighter isn’t one to bray about his opponent’s weaknesses. Like many fighters from his country, he believes that passion for one’s heritage is a good thing. Personal attacks, on the other hand, are unnecessary.

He will, however, calmly note that Davis’ age is an albatross in a longer fight.

“Sometimes he rushes forward,” Sarnavskiy said. “I’ll fight him standing and put pressure on him. I won’t let him even take a breath, so as a result I would be able to use my stamina to finish him.”

On the way there, those other two words will reveal themselves in the cage.

“When I was a kid, I was bullied very often by older kids,” he said. “So I have this in me, and during the fight it comes out. I will always fight to the end. It doesn’t matter how many rounds – I will never quit. I will never give up.”

The bout is part of the opening round for Bellator’s Season 9 lightweight tournament and serves on the Spike TV-televised main card of the event, which takes place at Moda Center in Portland, Ore. (Preliminary-card bouts stream on Spike.com.)

Sarnavskiy has praise for Davis’ skills and gives respect to the fighter’s impressive performances in the UFC, as well to his veteran status.

But at the same time, he said, Davis, who makes his debut in Bellator on the downslope of a 20-year fighting career, “always fights as a counter striker.” He plans to take advantage of that when they meet.

“I consider myself a well-rounded fighter, and I’m working hard on improving all aspects of my game,” Sarnavskiy said. “So what you’re going to see is a vastly improved version of myself. I’ll be better in everything: striking, wrestling, submissions and conditioning.”

According to him, one of those is already his best attribute. But with the others, he believes he will advance in the tournament.

“In this fight with Marcus Davis, I see my hand being raised at the end,” Sarnavskiy said. “This is the most important thing for me right now. The fans watching on Spike TV will not be disappointed, and they will remember me. They will see a whole variety of MMA techniques, and this will be a high-paced fight with aggression on both sides.”

For the latest on Bellator 101, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Chael Sonnen passes pre-fight drug test for Bellator 170 headliner vs. Tito Ortiz

Bellator light heavyweight Chael Sonnen is off to a good start with his new promoter. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170 lineup set with Derek Anderson-Derek Campos on main card, Ruth-Schneider on prelims

The lineup for next month’s Bellator 170 is official and complete with the addition of two more fights for card in Southern California.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen Fight Card Complete with 17 Bouts | MMAWeekly.com

The stacked main card of “Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen” has added even more ammo to its arsenal with the news that Derek Campos will face Derek Anderson. read news >>

Cruz skilled at taking down rivals with words

Try as they might, rivals can't seem to take down champion Dominick Cruz with fists or words. read news >>

LeBron James Comments on Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss vs. Amanda Nunes

Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had words of support for MMA fighter Ronda Rousey after she lost her second straight fight on Saturday night, this time a 48-second knockout against Amanda read news >>

UFC 207 Technical Recap: How Nunes and Garbrandt Came out on Top

UFC 207 is in the books, and we have a brand-new men's bantamweight champion to go along with what looks like a dominant women's bantamweight champion after Cody Garbrandt upset Dominick Cruz to take read news >>

Bellator 170: Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen Media Call Audio | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 170 main eventers Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen fielded questions from the media ahead of the Jan. 21 event at the Forum in Los Angeles. read news >>

Demi Lovato Left Luke Rockhold for a Guy from Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Let's hope Luke Rockhold doesn't take it too hard. At least not, for his sake, on the chin. read news >>

Tito Ortiz says Chael Sonnen will '(expletive) himself' and drown 'in his own blood' at Bellator 170

Tito Ortiz is at his most intense when he’s about to head into a fight. Add in the fact Ortiz doesn’t like his opponent, and the volume gets cranked up even louder.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 170's Chael Sonnen fighting Tito Ortiz, but hasn't forgotten about Wanderlei Silva

When Wanderlei Silva returns to the cage, Chael Sonnen will be waiting. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>