alexander-sarnavskiy-1.jpgAlexander Sarnavskiy has three words to describe himself as a fighter: technical, angry and conditioned.

The Russian thinks the last one is going to be particularly relevant in his next bout, which takes place tonight against Marcus Davis (22-9 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at Bellator 101.

“He’s older than me, so I think stamina would become a factor in our fight,” Sarnavskiy (23-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) told MMAjunkie.com.

The 24-year-old fighter isn’t one to bray about his opponent’s weaknesses. Like many fighters from his country, he believes that passion for one’s heritage is a good thing. Personal attacks, on the other hand, are unnecessary.

He will, however, calmly note that Davis’ age is an albatross in a longer fight.

“Sometimes he rushes forward,” Sarnavskiy said. “I’ll fight him standing and put pressure on him. I won’t let him even take a breath, so as a result I would be able to use my stamina to finish him.”

On the way there, those other two words will reveal themselves in the cage.

“When I was a kid, I was bullied very often by older kids,” he said. “So I have this in me, and during the fight it comes out. I will always fight to the end. It doesn’t matter how many rounds – I will never quit. I will never give up.”

The bout is part of the opening round for Bellator’s Season 9 lightweight tournament and serves on the Spike TV-televised main card of the event, which takes place at Moda Center in Portland, Ore. (Preliminary-card bouts stream on Spike.com.)

Sarnavskiy has praise for Davis’ skills and gives respect to the fighter’s impressive performances in the UFC, as well to his veteran status.

But at the same time, he said, Davis, who makes his debut in Bellator on the downslope of a 20-year fighting career, “always fights as a counter striker.” He plans to take advantage of that when they meet.

“I consider myself a well-rounded fighter, and I’m working hard on improving all aspects of my game,” Sarnavskiy said. “So what you’re going to see is a vastly improved version of myself. I’ll be better in everything: striking, wrestling, submissions and conditioning.”

According to him, one of those is already his best attribute. But with the others, he believes he will advance in the tournament.

“In this fight with Marcus Davis, I see my hand being raised at the end,” Sarnavskiy said. “This is the most important thing for me right now. The fans watching on Spike TV will not be disappointed, and they will remember me. They will see a whole variety of MMA techniques, and this will be a high-paced fight with aggression on both sides.”

For the latest on Bellator 101, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Kendall Grove hurls PED accusations at Bellator champ Halsey before title fight

Kendall Grove has strong words for Bellator MMA middleweight champion Brandon Halsey. Those words include a knock on his “one-trick” fighting style – as well as bold accusations about the use of perf read news >>

Welcome to the UFC, Bilyal Makhov

It looks like the UFC is taking a page from Bellator's playbook and picking up an elite MMA prospect before he ever steps foot in a cage. The MMA talent scouting landscape shifted ever so slightly to read news >>

UFC 186: Rampage Jackson rips Bellator in post-fight comments

The much litigated cage fighting star had some unfavorable comparisons to make between his current and former employers following his decision win over Fabio Maldonado last night. Following weeks of read news >>

Rampage Jackson Says ‘Bellator Can’t F**k With the UFC’

By all appearances, Rampage Jackson is back in a place he feels more comfortable and there’s no comparing his current home to the one he left behind in Bellator. read news >>

'Rampage' Jackson after UFC 186 win: 'Bellator can't f-ck with the UFC'

MONTREAL – For ex-UFC champion Quinton Jackson, beating Fabio Maldonado, a man whose name he jokingly mispronounced at every chance, was an added bonus. Just making it to Montreal for UFC 186 was a v read news >>

UFC 186 Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado full fight video preview

After some legal drama involving Bellator MMA, former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson will return to fight Fabio Maldonado in tonight's (Sat., April 25 read news >>

Michael Page returns to face Rudy Bears at Bellator 140

MVP is back. Michael Page, who had to pull out of his fight in February, will return against Rudy Bears at Bellator 140 on July 17 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, Bellator announced Friday. "Venom" is read news >>

Kyoji Horiguchi: Actions Will Speak Louder Than Words at UFC 186

Lofty expectations are nothing new to Kyoji Horiguchi. As the protege of Japanese MMA superstar Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto, the 24-year-old flyweight hit the UFC with plenty of momentum when he made his read news >>

Bellator 140: Michael 'Venom' Page vs. Rudy 'Bad News' Bears booked for July 17

The latest addition to Bellator MMA's "Lima vs. Koreshkov" event on July 17th is sterling striker Michael "Venom" Page taking on Strikeforce/Titan FC/Bellator veteran Rudy "Bad News" Bears. Following read news >>