Chad MendesUFC featherweight Chad Mendes appeared in court on Monday where battery charges were dropped against the fighter from an incident that took place earlier this summer.

Mendes was charged with misdemeanor battery after he was allegedly involved in a bar fight in Hanford, Calif.

On Monday, the District Attorney formally dropped the misdemeanor battery charge. Mendes did plead no contest to a lesser charge of disturbing the peace, for which he paid a fine before leaving the courthouse.

“I have said from the beginning that the outrageous allegations published by the media were either false or incredibly sensationalized,” Mendes said on Monday. “Today’s outcome proves it.”

Mendes now gets to put court proceedings behind him as he prepares for his next bout at the UFC on FX 6 event in Australia where he faces Hacran Dias in a featherweight fight.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your news, rumors and interviews

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Arrested: Latest Details, Reaction on Former UFC Fighter

  • 18 days ago
  • 103 views

Former UFC fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller was reportedly arrested Sunday morning in Costa Mesa, California, on charges of assault and battery, public intoxication and suspicion of assaulting a police read news >>

Chad Mendes Sidelined for Two Years for UFC Anti-Doping Violation

  • 9 days ago
  • 19 views

USADA announced on Wednesday that Chad Mendes has received a two-year period of ineligibility for violating the UFC Anti-Doping Policy. read news >>

Chad Mendes Receives 2-Year Suspension from UFC for Doping Violation

  • 9 days ago
  • 392 views

Another UFC star has been punished for using prohibited substances, as the United States Anti-Doping Agency handed featherweight star Chad Mendes a two-year suspension. Per an official USADA statemen read news >>