Legacy FC LogoWhile he may have seemed calm and collected entering his Legacy FC debut earlier this month, underneath it all, bantamweight prospect Patrick “Juggernaut” Ybarra was anything but.

“I don’t know if you saw it, but before the fight I was just walking and pacing and just scared about everything,” said Ybarra. “I was really nervous about TV, commentating by Pat Miletich and Michael Schiavello, and all that.”

Once the cage door closed and the bell rang, however, Ybarra’s nervousness went away.

“Once the bell rang and I felt I could strike with him everything was okay,” he said. “Once I settled down I was able to be relaxed and really enjoyed it.”

What resulted was the evening’s highlight moment as Ybarra submitted Billy Buch with a flying arm bar just under 90 seconds into the first round.

“The only reason why I really hit it was because I was thinking about it the night before,” said Ybarra. “I was thinking about doing it because I wanted to make an impression on TV and (Legacy) being my first big promotion.

“I set it up a basic way: I didn’t just swing right into it, I had his arm and his head and just hit it. I’m glad it went my way because if it didn’t, I would have been in a bad position.”

The win raised Ybarra’s record to 4-0 with all his victories being first-round armbar submissions, which in itself is interesting considering he comes from a system predominantly fostered by former UFC heavyweight champion and kickboxing legend Maurice Smith’s striking system.

“I really like to strike and I think I’m more of a striker than a grappler, but I’ll take a win however I can get it,” Ybarra told MMAWeekly.com. “My opponents haven’t been that good on the ground, so I’ve just taken it where I can get it.

“The way the fights have ended have just happened. I didn’t force them; the opportunities just opened up and I jumped on them.”

Ybarra’s highlight reel finish caught the attention of AXS TV’s Inside MMA. And since his segment on the show has aired, Ybarra has noticed a big change in his exposure level.

“I’ve heard a lot from the fans: whether it’s on my Facebook, Twitter or wherever I go, I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback,” he said. “People who watched me on Inside MMA come up to me saying ‘You’re that guy, you’re that guy.’ It’s pretty cool.

“I really enjoy talking with them and hearing what they have to say. It’s been a really good experience and hopefully it can continue.”

With fights lined up in March for Xtreme Combat Promotions and his Legacy return in May, Ybarra’s exposure is driving him to want to achieve more as he continues the year.

“It’s definitely a motivator,” he said. “I’m already a pretty self-motivated person, but this just makes me want to do it even more so to keep people talking and keep people wanting to see me.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC 207's Louis Smolka 'stared at the bottom of a shot glass' to get over recent upset loss

Louis Smolka is owning every aspect of his surprise loss to Brandon Moreno earlier this year. He said he didn’t do his homework for the fight, so he suffered one of the year’s most stunning upsets.Fi read news >>

Conor McGregor 'not in my plans for the next 10 months,' says UFC President Dana White

In spite of Conor McGregor’s recent clues that we might be seeing him sooner than originally expected, UFC president Dana White is still not counting on the lightweight champion for ten months.Filed read news >>

Here's one person who's not into Max Holloway's recent smack-talking game: his grandma

Max Holloway may have provided some of 2016’s most interesting, expletive-filled smack-talking moments, but manager Brian Butler says there was a process to letting the interim champ speak his mind.F read news >>

Steven Peterson Hoping to Win LFA Title and Move On to UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Steven Peterson will look to unite his Legacy FC championship with the RFA title held by Leandro Higo to form the first Legacy Fighting Alliance 135-pound title. read news >>

Trading Shots: What is it about Ronda Rousey that evokes the mainstream hot takes?

In this week’s Trading Shots, Ronda Rousey’s recent loss spurned a wave of questionable responses from the broader sports media. If that’s what mainstream attention looks like, is it really a good th read news >>

Former UFC fighter Elizabeth Phillips a late addition to Saturday's reshuffled Invicta FC 21

Recent UFC competitor Elizabeth Phillips is a late addition to Saturday’s Invicta FC 21 lineup.Filed under: News read news >>

Nevada Commission Votes to Study Possible Changes to Marijuana's Prohibited Status | MMAWeekly.com

With the recent legalization of recreational marijuana in Nevada, the state's athletic commission voted to alter the substance's prohibited status. read news >>

Yair Rodriguez vs. B.J. Penn Results: Winner, Reaction from UFC Fight Night 103

“The Prodigy” never had a shot. Yair Rodriguez entered as one of the shining future stars for the UFC, and he performed up to that billing. B.J. Penn was ousted without much trouble. Rodriguez’s spee read news >>

Watch as Germaine de Randamie Knees Anna Elmose to the Canvas (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Germaine de Randamie most recent UFC victory, when she defeated Anna Elmose in May of 2016. read news >>