Legacy FC LogoWhile he may have seemed calm and collected entering his Legacy FC debut earlier this month, underneath it all, bantamweight prospect Patrick “Juggernaut” Ybarra was anything but.

“I don’t know if you saw it, but before the fight I was just walking and pacing and just scared about everything,” said Ybarra. “I was really nervous about TV, commentating by Pat Miletich and Michael Schiavello, and all that.”

Once the cage door closed and the bell rang, however, Ybarra’s nervousness went away.

“Once the bell rang and I felt I could strike with him everything was okay,” he said. “Once I settled down I was able to be relaxed and really enjoyed it.”

What resulted was the evening’s highlight moment as Ybarra submitted Billy Buch with a flying arm bar just under 90 seconds into the first round.

“The only reason why I really hit it was because I was thinking about it the night before,” said Ybarra. “I was thinking about doing it because I wanted to make an impression on TV and (Legacy) being my first big promotion.

“I set it up a basic way: I didn’t just swing right into it, I had his arm and his head and just hit it. I’m glad it went my way because if it didn’t, I would have been in a bad position.”

The win raised Ybarra’s record to 4-0 with all his victories being first-round armbar submissions, which in itself is interesting considering he comes from a system predominantly fostered by former UFC heavyweight champion and kickboxing legend Maurice Smith’s striking system.

“I really like to strike and I think I’m more of a striker than a grappler, but I’ll take a win however I can get it,” Ybarra told MMAWeekly.com. “My opponents haven’t been that good on the ground, so I’ve just taken it where I can get it.

“The way the fights have ended have just happened. I didn’t force them; the opportunities just opened up and I jumped on them.”

Ybarra’s highlight reel finish caught the attention of AXS TV’s Inside MMA. And since his segment on the show has aired, Ybarra has noticed a big change in his exposure level.

“I’ve heard a lot from the fans: whether it’s on my Facebook, Twitter or wherever I go, I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback,” he said. “People who watched me on Inside MMA come up to me saying ‘You’re that guy, you’re that guy.’ It’s pretty cool.

“I really enjoy talking with them and hearing what they have to say. It’s been a really good experience and hopefully it can continue.”

With fights lined up in March for Xtreme Combat Promotions and his Legacy return in May, Ybarra’s exposure is driving him to want to achieve more as he continues the year.

“It’s definitely a motivator,” he said. “I’m already a pretty self-motivated person, but this just makes me want to do it even more so to keep people talking and keep people wanting to see me.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

FOX Sports suspends analyst Kenny Florian following plagiarism issue

FOX Sports has suspended former UFC fighter and current analyst Kenny Florian following his recent apology for plagiarism.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy not working with FBI on recent ISIS threat

So what happens when you’re apparently targeted by ISIS and notified by the FBI? If you’re Tim Kennedy, you stay ready and carry the proper tools. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC fighters' funniest USADA-testing stories: Guns, birthday suits, GPS coordinates

BOSTON – Thanks to a recent deal with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) and the new UFC Anti-Doping Policy, fighters are getting tested more often, and they have plenty of stories about the process read news >>

Travis Browne Beats Matt Mitrione in Foul-Filled Fight at UFC Fight Night 81

Matt Mitrione and Travis Browne entered UFC Fight Night 81 at a career crossroads. Mitrione walked into the cage with free agency in mind. Openly discussing his intent to test the market, this bout w read news >>

The 3 stars of ‘UFC Fight Night 81: Dillashaw vs. Cruz' in Boston

A total of 26 fighters entered the octagon on Sunday as part of UFC Fight Night 81. Now that the FOX Sports 1-televised event is in the books, it’s time to commence MMAjunkie’s “Three Stars” ceremony read news >>

Travis Browne Beats Matt Mitrione in Foul-Filled Fight at UFC Fight Night 81

Video: Patrick Cote's resurgence? Nick Diaz callout? Long time coming

Almost 12 years after his first UFC appearance, Patrick Cote is riding a three-fight winning streak with six victories in his past seven fights. How’d he finally get everything to click?Filed under: read news >>

Jessica Eye and Bethe Correia feud on Twitter – with threats of ingesting toe hair

A brief Twitter feud between UFC bantamweights Jessica Eye and Bethe Correia entered strange territory overnight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Did Not Appreciate Floyd Mayweather’s Racial Comments (Video)

Featherweight champion Conor McGregor responded to Floyd Mayweather's recent comments about race directed toward him and Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Legacy FC 50 results: 'Cyborg' returns from lengthy layoff with decision win

Fighting for the first time in 21 months, Evangelista Santos outstruck fellow veteran Artenas Young en route to a clearcut decision win.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>