Travis Wiuff at Pride 33Having suffered three straight losses for the first time in his career since 2006, former UFC and Bellator fighter Travis “Diesel” Wiuff finds himself at a bit of a crossroads.

According to Wiuff, his recent losing streak isn’t something to be too concerned about and is something he can rebound off of.

“Two of the last three opponents have been southpaws, and throughout my whole career I’ve never done well against southpaws,” he said. “It’s just a mental thing where I don’t fight well against them. The one in between them was the one in Abu Dhabi and I got screwed on that one – I clearly dominated and won the fight – but the judges for some reason saw it another way.

“I’ll keep plugging away. I know what I need to do to be successful. I need to just get back to moving forward and creating pressure. I know if I can fight like that, I can be successful still.”

Wiuff will get a chance to get back on the winning track this Friday when he takes on Mike Kyle in a rematch of their 2010 KOTC fight. This time, the two square off at CFA 11 in Coral Gables, Fla., and live on AXS TV.

In their first bout, Wiuff was knocked out following a punch that landed thrown by Kyle after the bell to end round two. According to Wiuff, he feels it was accidental and there’s no hard feelings going into this rematch.

“It wasn’t intentional,” said Wiuff. “The uppercut landed and knocked me out and the ref stopped the fight. Later on it was ruled a no contest because it landed after the bell, but it wasn’t done intentionally.

“I spoke to him before the fight and after the fight, and there’s definitely no bad blood. He invited me to come train with him out at AKA in California. I think Mike gets a bad rap because of what happened in the past, but there’s definitely no bad blood (between us).”

As for the rematch, Wiuff told MMAWeekly.com that the strategy both he and Kyle will bring to the bout will be nothing new or surprising to anyone who has seen either of them fight before.

“There’s no secret,” said Wiuff. “I’ve got to move forward, create pressure and not get hit. Obviously Mike is going to try keep it standing and knock me out. I don’t think there’s a secret to either one of our games. It’s down to who can accomplish that in 15 minutes.”

At this stage in his career, Wiuff knows that he might not be headed back to the bigger stages of MMA, but that won’t deter him from continuing to fight.

“I have no grand illusions,” he said. “I’m a very self-aware and am honest with myself. The UFC doesn’t want guy who is 35 years old, has had 90 fights and is coming off a three-fight losing streak. Getting back to the UFC is probably not going to happen. They’re looking for guys who are 8-0 with six knockouts, two submissions, and is 24 years old.

“I’ve had a decent run. I’ve been successful. I’ve had runs in the UFC and Bellator and that’s been the highlight of my career. Right now I’m taking fights that are meaningful to me and I’m not really looking any further than that.”

Dana White 'done' giving Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira fights, will offer him UFC job

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC President Dana White said fans have seen the last of former PRIDE and interim UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira inside the octagon. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

UFC 190: Results and Reactions from Biggest Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

Ronda Rousey retained her bantamweight championship and improved her record to 12-0 Saturday night at UFC 190 in what's become typical Rousey-fight fashion: unsparing, unrelenting and under a minute. read news >>

UFC 190 Results: Winners with Most Impressive Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

If you stayed up to watch the entirety of UFC 190 from start to finish, you deserve a piece of the "Performance of the Night" bonus. Sunday's pay-per-view card achieved the toxic combination of being read news >>

UFC 190 Results: What We Learned from Shogun Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

The rematch of one of the best MMA fights in PRIDE history took place at UFC 190. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira went toe-to-toe. There was a feeling out process early, but they w read news >>

UFC 190 results: Gadelha beats Aguilar, Bigfoot snaps losing skid, Struve beats Big Nog

Check out the results of the first three fights on the UFC 190 pay-per-view main card at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Kicking off the UFC 190 pay-per-view was a #1 contender bout between read news >>

UFC 190 Results: What We Learned from Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia

One of the best fights on the UFC 190 card was Demian Maia vs. Neil Magny. While the event is largely comprised of fights between middling and/or aging veterans, Maia is still a relevant top-10 welte read news >>

Watch WSOF 22 Prelims fights online | Live WSOF.com free stream video

The "Prelims" bouts for WSOF 22: "Palhares vs. Shields" will stream live online today (Sat., Aug. 1, 2015) from Planet Hollywood Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, prior to the NBC Sports broadcast. It is read news >>

Watch UFC 190 fights online: Fight Pass, FOX Sport 1 'Prelims' channel finder

Prior to the "Rousey vs. Correia" mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view (PPV) main card, which begins later this evening (Sat., Aug. 1, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, live from HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Br read news >>

10 reasons to watch the Rousey show and some other fights, or UFC 190 and WSOF 22

At the time of this writing, the main attraction for tonight’s pair of MMA events is a 14-1 favorite over her opponent. Check out the top 10 reasons to tune in to UFC 190 and WSOF 22 despite the long read news >>

Ten fights into his UFC run, Iuri Alcantara targted on quick move up rankings

Iuri Alcantara boasts 10 UFC appearances, but he has yet to really make a name for himself in the promotion’s bantamweight division. Beginning with UFC 190, “Marajo” hopes to change all of that.Filed read news >>