Antonio Silva had a plan.

Despite being listed as a more than a 3-to-1 underdog for his UFC 156 clash with Alistair Overeem, the former Elite XC champion put a stop to his favored foe’s five-year winning streak at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

The victory was a personal one for “Pezao,” who said that he had a specific message ready for Overeem before their fight began.

“He hasn’t respected me for a long time,” Silva told Fox Sports. “In a lot of interviews, he talked a lot of s--- about me. At the press conference, I told him, ‘I will make you respect me, bro.’”

Though Silva would eventually get the better of the former Strikeforce champion, it was Overeem who appeared in total control in the early going. “The Demolition Man” relied on his speed in round one, holding his hands by his sides while beating Siva to the punch.

In round two, Overeem hit a takedown but found it difficult to do any meaningful damage from Silva’s guard. When referee Herb Dean stood the men up, there appeared to be a noticeable change in momentum. Silva then wasted no time in taking advantage of a fatigued Overeem to start the third stanza, clipping the former K-1 world grand prix kickboxing champion with a hard straight before pinning him against the cage and turning out Overeem’s lights with a trio of crushing right hooks.

“My strategy was to go for the second and the third rounds, because I knew he didn’t have good cardio and a good heart,” said Silva. “I know he won the first round. When he put me on the ground [in round two] and used ground-and-pound, it didn’t affect me too much. I said, ‘Hey, let’s go. Punch me hard, man. Let’s go.’ In the third round, he dropped his hands, and I did my job. I knew he was going to be tired in the third round.”

After dropping Overeem, “Bigfoot” began yelling at his fallen foe. Even as Dean did his best to restrain the former super heavyweight, Silva still managed to unleash a brief verbal tirade against “The Reem.”

“I said, ‘Let’s go. Come fight. I want to fight more.’”

Despite his impressive performance, Silva refused to call out his next opponent. Still, the 33-year-old said he will not back down from his next foe, regardless of whom the UFC chooses.

“I don’t know [who I want to fight next]. Now I’m going back to my home to stay with my family. I’m going to rest two weeks and then go back to training,” said Silva. “I’ll fight [whomever] the UFC gives me -- whoever is best for the UFC. I’ll be prepared for the next fight.”

Dan Henderson's Post-UFC 204 Celebration Plan: A 220-Pound Pig |

Dan Henderson has some fat plans for beginning his post-fighting life. read news >>

Video: Watch Roy Nelson knock out 'Bigfoot' Silva at UFC Fight Night 95

Roy Nelson dropped Antonio Silva with a big uppercut and continued to throw blows until the fight was stopped. Unfortunately, Nelson felt the stoppage came far too late and was visibly upset at refer read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95 results: Roy Nelson blasts 'Bigfoot' for second-round KO, then blasts ref McCarthy

BRASILIA, Brazil – Antonio Silva approached Roy Nelson with all the caution you’d expect for a veteran with his back against the wall. And initially, he had the right approach. Filed under: Featured, read news >>

Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva | UFC Fight Night Highlights

Watch highlights of Roy 'Big Country' Nelson's knockout win over Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva from UFC Fight Night in Brasilia, Brazil. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95: Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva video highlights

Roy Nelson may have been unhappy with the extra punches he had to land to the head of Antonio Silva, but he can be satisfied with a much-needed victory.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Roy Nelson Explains Why He Kicked Referee 'Big' John McCarthy |

Roy Nelson scored a knockout win over Antonio Silva on the UFC Fight Night Brasilia main card, but what he did after the fight overshadowed the victory. read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 204's Vitor Belfort has no retirement plan, says it will happen 'naturally and organically'

MANCHESTER, England – With Dan Henderson's impending retirement at 46 being one of the looming story lines ahead of UFC 204, questions have surfaced about whether 39-year-old event co-headliner Vitor read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Rocks Vitor Belfort, Finishes Him with Precision (UFC 204 Results) |

Gegard Mousasi executed his game plan to perfection at UFC 204, dismantling Vitor Belfort in their co-main event bout. read news >>

After laying out Saint Preux at UFC 204, Jimi Manuwa says 'a knockout is always the plan

MANCHESTER, England – Jimi Manuwa scored a statement knockout win over Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 204. Making the win even sweeter was getting the job done in front of a raucous hometown crowd.Filed u read news >>