Anthony Pettis has accomplished a lot during his time as a member of the Roufusport team.

The 25-year-old known as “Showtime” rose to prominence in the now-defunct World Extreme Cagefighting organization, capturing the imagination of millions with his highlight reel, off-the-cage kick against Benson Henderson at the promotion’s final event in 2010 (“Anthony Pettis Superkick” is at 3.7 million YouTube hits and counting). Since the WEC folded into the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2011, Pettis has continued to establish himself as a lightweight to watch, notching triumphs against Jeremy Stephens and Joe Lauzon in his last two Octagon outings.

Now, with a long-rumored 155-pound title eliminator bout against Donald Cerrone potentially looming, Pettis is taking another significant step in his career: He has become a part owner of Roufusport alongside head coach Duke Roufus and general manager Scott Joffe.

In addition to ownership duties at the respected Milwaukee gym, Pettis will also collaborate with Roufus and Joffe in running the North American Fighting Championships (NAFC) promotion and in the launch of an MMA themed television program, “WI MMA Today,” which will air regionally in Wisconsin beginning Nov. 10.

“For me to become part owner of the gym that started my career in the UFC means the world to me,” Pettis said in a release. “I get to give other fighters the opportunity that Duke's gym gave me. I'm sure there will be a lot of new responsibilities, but I've been running gyms since the age of 16, so it will be nothing new. I’m looking forward to new challenges, including the television show. I would like to thank Duke Roufus and Scott Joffe for the opportunity, and my family and friends for supporting me while I achieve my goals.”

Pettis has not competed since his first-round knockout of Lauzon at UFC 144 in February. While a bout with Cerrone has not yet been made official, several outlets have reported that the confrontation could take place sometime in early 2013.

UFC on FOX 21 Fight Highlights: Anthony Pettis Chokes Out Charles Oliveira

Check out the UFC on FOX 21 fight highlights from the co-main event bout between Anthony Pettis and Charles Oliveira. read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Results: Anthony Pettis Wins Featherweight Debut; Aims for Conor McGregor’s Belt

Following an impressive finish in his featherweight debut at UFC on FOX 21, Anthony Pettis wasted no time taking aim at Conor McGregor's belt. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Oliveira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 21

Former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis met Charles Oliveira in his featherweight debut at UFC on Fox 21 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Following a three-fight losing run, Pettis ditched the ligh read news >>

Anthony Pettis Video Interview: ‘I’m Coming for the Best in the World’

After defeating the No. 6 ranked 145-pounder in the UFC, Anthony Pettis doesn't want easy fights. "I'm coming for the best in the world." read news >>

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Jeff Monson Is Now A "Citizen" of a Pro-Russian Rebel State in Ukraine | FIGHTLAND

Late last year longtime MMA fighter and left-wing political activist Jeff Monson became a Russian citizen. Following his brave but ultimately doomed fight against Russian legend Fedor Emelianenko in read news >>

UFC Hires New Matchmaker with Joe Silva Exiting at Year's End | MMAWeekly.com

With longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva retiring at year's end, officials on Tuesday announced the hiring of another matchmaker. read news >>

Coach: Julianna Pena never agreed to fight Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 205

• a day ago

Julianna Pena’s longtime coach said the UFC was very sly when it approached him roughly one week ago about a potential fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Renan Barao Hungry Again Heading into UFC Brasilia | MMAWeekly.com

• 15 hours ago

Longtime bantamweight king Renan Barao moved up to 145 pounds because the weight cut was affecting his performance at bantamweight. read news >>