MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks

LAS VEGAS – Dana White thinks Johny Hendricks beat Georges St-Pierre. He thinks GSP’s team, immediately after the fight, thought Hendricks beat the champ.

So you know Hendricks believes he won the fight.

St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) won an instantly controversial split decision against Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) in the main event of UFC 167 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday.

After the fight, despite White, the UFC’s president, saying St-Pierre was headed to the hospital, the champ showed up to the post-event news conference in the middle of the event with his face showing perhaps more wear from the 25-minute war with Hendricks than it ever had before.

“My hands are busted up from hitting him in the face,” Hendricks said at the post-event news conference. “Look at his face and look at mine.”

Perhaps more revealing, though, was Hendricks’ big reveal that in the fight, he was only hitting the champ with 70 percent power.

“I really didn’t hit him that hard,” Hendricks said. “I wasn’t really trying to knock him out. I was putting about 70 percent on him, and it was enough.”

White, though, was quick to dispute that, for obvious reasons.

“It wasn’t enough,” White told him. “You left it in the hands of the judges. You better give 100 percent next time.”

And Hendricks couldn’t dispute that, with his boss leaving him stammering for a moment.

White wants to order up a rematch between the two, reiterating to MMAjunkie his belief that Hendricks won the fight. Just when that might be remains to be seen, especially in the fight’s aftermath, when St-Pierre said he is planning to take a leave of absence of sorts to work on some personal issues and “prove a point.”

But Hendricks insisted his goal of winning a title merely hit a bump in the road.

“Dude, I don’t care about Georges,” he said. “I beat him anyway. I just want the belt. That’s the only thing that’s motivating me. I need to get it. That’s my drive. I thought I got it tonight, but I guess I didn’t. There’s a lot of things I can pull from this fight, and I’m only going to get better. It was my first five-round fight, and I took it to the champ.”

If a potential rematch does happen, “Bigg Rigg” may take White’s advice of not going anything but high gear against St-Pierre, who set a UFC record with his 19th win.

“If I get to see him in the ring again, it won’t go the distance,” Hendricks said. “I will finish him. I know I can go five rounds now.”

For complete coverage of UFC 167, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Joe Rogan Comments on Potential Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Fight

UFC commentator Joe Rogan thinks Conor McGregor has what it takes to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. should the two fight in the future, although he concedes it’s unlikely the two will face off. Speculatio read news >>

Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Fight 'Impossible'

UFC President Dana White thinks a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is impractical. White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell that the reason he doesn't see the 49-0 Mayweather taking on t read news >>

LOL, Conor McGregor is Reportedly Close to Deal to Fight Floyd Mayweather

The internet thinks Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are going to punch each other for money. read news >>

Carlos Diego Ferreira Pulled from UFC Fight Night 88 for Potential Anti-Doping Violation

Carlos Diego Ferrera was pulled from UFC Fight Night 88 on Friday after the UFC was informed of him potentially violating the company's Anti-Doping Policy. read news >>

Dana White Comments on UFC Owners' Pursuit of Purchasing NFL Team

UFC President Dana White denied a Tuesday report from ESPN.com's Darren Rovell suggesting the promotion's majority owners, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta of Zuffa, are looking to sell the business, but h read news >>

Phil Davis vs. King Mo: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 154

Phil Davis won a controversial unanimous decision over Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in the main event at Bellator 154 in San Jose, California, on Saturday. The fight was close, and either man could have read news >>

Dana White Lookin’ for a Fight, Episode 5: Their First Rodeo

Dana White, Matt Serra and Nick "The Tooth" head to Houston, Texas for a trip like no other. The guys attempt to cowboy up on horseback and then upgrade to bull riding. read news >>

Dana White Says Conor McGregor’s Next Fight Should Be Finalized Wednesday Night

UFC president Dana White hopes to silence the Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather rumors. That could happen as soon as Wednesday night. read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Conor McGregor and Dana White Had Dinner So Let the Speculation Begin

Dana White and Conor McGregor are working on their relationship and we got all the feels. read news >>