MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks

LAS VEGAS – Dana White thinks Johny Hendricks beat Georges St-Pierre. He thinks GSP’s team, immediately after the fight, thought Hendricks beat the champ.

So you know Hendricks believes he won the fight.

St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) won an instantly controversial split decision against Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) in the main event of UFC 167 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday.

After the fight, despite White, the UFC’s president, saying St-Pierre was headed to the hospital, the champ showed up to the post-event news conference in the middle of the event with his face showing perhaps more wear from the 25-minute war with Hendricks than it ever had before.

“My hands are busted up from hitting him in the face,” Hendricks said at the post-event news conference. “Look at his face and look at mine.”

Perhaps more revealing, though, was Hendricks’ big reveal that in the fight, he was only hitting the champ with 70 percent power.

“I really didn’t hit him that hard,” Hendricks said. “I wasn’t really trying to knock him out. I was putting about 70 percent on him, and it was enough.”

White, though, was quick to dispute that, for obvious reasons.

“It wasn’t enough,” White told him. “You left it in the hands of the judges. You better give 100 percent next time.”

And Hendricks couldn’t dispute that, with his boss leaving him stammering for a moment.

White wants to order up a rematch between the two, reiterating to MMAjunkie his belief that Hendricks won the fight. Just when that might be remains to be seen, especially in the fight’s aftermath, when St-Pierre said he is planning to take a leave of absence of sorts to work on some personal issues and “prove a point.”

But Hendricks insisted his goal of winning a title merely hit a bump in the road.

“Dude, I don’t care about Georges,” he said. “I beat him anyway. I just want the belt. That’s the only thing that’s motivating me. I need to get it. That’s my drive. I thought I got it tonight, but I guess I didn’t. There’s a lot of things I can pull from this fight, and I’m only going to get better. It was my first five-round fight, and I took it to the champ.”

If a potential rematch does happen, “Bigg Rigg” may take White’s advice of not going anything but high gear against St-Pierre, who set a UFC record with his 19th win.

“If I get to see him in the ring again, it won’t go the distance,” Hendricks said. “I will finish him. I know I can go five rounds now.”

For complete coverage of UFC 167, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Dana White thinks Renan Barao will never be the same, should move up to featerweight.

• a day ago

The UFC president feels that his former bantamweight champion will never be the same and should move up to featherweight. After former UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao got dominated again by new read news >>

Dana White on Jose Aldo's withdrawal: 'We spent a lot of money promoting that fight, it's disappointing'

A disappointed Dana White discusses Jose Aldo's removal from UFC 189. Fears of Jose Aldo's withdrawal from UFC 189 have come to life as it was announced yesterday that the featherweight champ will no read news >>

'Disappointed' Dana White explains reason Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes is for interim belt: 'Jose Aldo has pulled out o

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, flanked by his 145-pound Golden Goose, Conor McGregor, were featured on ESPN earlier this evening to announce that Featherweight champion, J read news >>

Dana White to Yoel Romero: 'America Doesn't Want to Hear Your Thoughts on Jesus'

In the Bill of Dana White, there must be a separation of church and fighting. The UFC President spoke with MMAFighting’s Ariel Helwani at the unveiling of the new Reebok uniforms about Yoel Romero’s read news >>

Dana White Says Jose Aldo Will Be Fighting Conor McGregor (Video)

UFC president Dana White talks about the unveiling of the UFC Fight Kits by Reebok, whether or not Jose Aldo will be fighting at UFC 189, and Yoel Romero's comments. read news >>

Ken Shamrock Exclusive: On UFC, Legacy and His Controversial Kimbo Slice Fight

There will be thousands of televised mixed martial arts fights this year. Between the UFC's ever-expanding schedule, Bellator's ascendance on Spike TV and the rotating collection of promotions featur read news >>

Dana White on Reebok roll-out: 'Everybody is happy with this'

To hear the UFC brass tell it, everybody is head over heels with the new Reebok UFC fight wear. read news >>

Dana White talks Reebok unveiling, Aldo vs. McGregor, Romero's post-fight comments

NEW YORK -- UFC president Dana White talks about Tuesday's Reebok fight kit unveiling, the drama surrounding UFC 189, Yoel Romero's controversial post-fight comments and much more. read news >>

UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson breaks down Aldo vs. McGregor

UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson thinks Conor McGregor has a pretty good chance of beating featherweight champ Jose Aldo at next week’s UFC 189. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

UFC champ Fabricio Werdum suggests 'super fight' with returning Jon Jones

Jon Jones has long discussed a potential move to heavyweight. If and when the former champion makes a return to the cage, UFC champ Fabricio Werdum wants him to make the jump for a “super fight.”File read news >>