Ronda Rousey’s climb to the top of women’s MMA has been a quick one. But since beating Sarah Kaufman in August, the Strikeforce 135-pound women’s champ has had a chance to slow down. In a recent interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer, Rousey reflected on her rise and much more: On whether her mom really woke her in the morning with armbars: “Not every morning. She would jump on me and be like, ‘Always be ready!’ And I would wake up [to an] armbar. She would do that with rear-naked chokes. If I was sitting around the house, she would sneak up behind me and put me in a choke and ‘Always be ready!’ That was like her line. … At first, when you’re a kid, you’re like, ‘My mom’s crazy.’ But now I’m like, ‘Oh, she knew exactly what she was doing because I’m ready all the time.’”

On whether Sara McMann would be a good opponent: “I’m actually extremely interested to see how the fight between her and Liz Carmouche goes. They have very similar styles. I think it’s actually going to be a very good fight. I don’t think people are giving Liz Carmouche enough credit, but marketing-wise, I think Sara is looking the best so far because she’s also an Olympic medalist and she also has an undefeated record right now. I think she’s an amazing fighter and I’ve been really impressed with how she’s doing so far. I’m really looking forward to her Strikeforce debut on November 3.”

On Cat Zingano: “That girl Cat Zingano, I think, is also, I think, undefeated. She took out like an ad in Tapout magazine saying she wants to kick my ass or something like that. She was calling me out. She took out an ad, which I’ve never seen that before. It was very creative on her part.”

On fighters calling her out: “I’m happy that they’re doing it. When I first got started, I couldn’t get any fights at all. I probably had 12 different girls pull out on me. It was a struggle in the beginning. I think my manager actually had to pay a few girls to fight me. My first pro fight, the girl I was fighting was 6-1. It was always hard to find fights, and now all these girls are clamoring for position. Like Marloes Coenen after her last fight was saying, ‘Ronda, I’m coming for you,’ and this Cat girl is taking out ads … . Now it seems like I have several opponents in queue, not to mention [Cristiane Santos]. So yeah, I’m extremely encouraged by how the women’s MMA is looking right now.”

On trashtalking in women’s MMA: “I think it’s just that the women have a lot to prove. A lot of people don’t want them to be there. They don’t think we have a right to be there. I think all of the girls have this chip on their shoulder where they’re there to fight and they’re there to put on a show. They’re not just there to win a match. A lot of these guys, they don’t have to worry. They’re just going in there to win a match and get some wins behind them. [They don’t have to worry] that their whole division might disappear.”

On her current status: “This is the first time I walked out of a fight and didn’t know immediately who I was going to fight right away, and it’s actually kind of nice and refreshing. … Now it’s kind of nice to sit back and be like, ‘OK, you’ve done a lot of the work.’ There’s a lot of work left to do, but I’m actually kind of enjoying it a little bit more now and not already thinking and obsessing over my next opponent. I’m actually able to work on a whole lot of cool new skills that I haven’t really been able to before when I was just specifically training for one person.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:13).

In (Possibly) Retiring Young, Ronda Rousey Has Nothing to Answer for

Ronda Rousey’s transcendence as a mixed martial arts superstar survived the loss of her aura. That’s evidenced by the public reaction generated by UFC president Dana White when he revealed what many read news >>

Ronda Rousey Broken at UFC 193, According to Holly Holm's Coach

With Ronda Rousey's UFC future in question following consecutive losses, Holly Holm's coach expressed his belief that the formerly dominant star is done with fighting. In an interview this week with read news >>

Knockout Radio Podcast: Tim Boetsch, Jarred Brooks & Ronda Rousey's Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

Join Knockout Radio for their podcast as Randy Harris and the crew welcome Tim Boetsch and Jarred Brooks to the show and talk about Ronda Rousey's career. read news >>

Should Ronda Rousey retire? Fellow fighters discuss: 'She doesn't know how to handle a loss'

Following her second straight loss, is it time for former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey to retire, according to fellow fighters? It depends on which one you ask.Filed under: Featured read news >>

Holly Holm's Decision Win Over Marion Reneau (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Holly Holm's last fight before her historic victory over Ronda Rousey, when she defeated Marion Reneau in July of 2015. Holm headlines UFC 208. read news >>

Watch UFC 208's Holly Holm in the fight that led to her historic upset of Ronda Rousey

Before Holly Holm could get her shot at history against then-champ Ronda Rousey, she had to go through a “Bruiser” on a hot streak.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Comments on Donald Trump, Ronda Rousey, UFC's Future and More

UFC President Dana White spoke about a number of topics with Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated in a lengthy interview published Wednesday, touching on President Donald Trump, Ronda Rousey and more. read news >>

Amanda Nunes on KO'ing Ronda Rousey and Creating Her Own Shine | FIGHTLAND

The mainstream world became acquainted with Amanda Nunes after she knocked out Ronda Rousey in the first round, but that was far from the beginning of her story. We sat down with Amanda to learn abou read news >>

Amanda Nunes on KO'ing Ronda Rousey and Creating Her Own Shine | FIGHTLAND

Holly Holm Feeling a Whole Different Set of Nerves than Ronda Rousey Fight (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Holly Holm talks about how different her nervousness is for UFC 208 as opposed to her fight with Ronda Rousey, and taking inspiration from the Super Bowl. read news >>