#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nick Diaz #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Pancrase #Fight Night Rotterdam #Demetrious Johnson

Mackens Semerzier made short work of “Bruce Leroy” in a featherweight bout featured on Facebook during the UFC Fight Night 24 prelims, while Mike Russow came back strong after a long layoff putting Jon Madsen away in their heavyweight match-up.

The big boys came to throw down in Seattle on Saturday night as Mike Russow got the best of Jon Madsen after punches closed the former TUF fighter’s eye, forcing a stoppage between rounds.

The fight between Russow and Madsen ended up being a somewhat sloppy and slow moving stand-up bout, as each man tried his best to land the perfect shot to end the other’s night. Russow was more aggressive throughout both rounds, while Madsen seemed to lose his gas tank after the first three minutes.

Russow looked to take advantage of his opponent’s waning cardio and pushed forward and landed a good overhand punch that left Madsen with a swollen eye, that apparently cut off his vision. The swelling was so bad that between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, the ringside physician called a stop to the bout declaring Mike Russow the winner.

“I think it was that overhand right that I tried to set up,” Russow said about the strike that ended the fight. “It’s been 10 months since I’ve been here, and this camp really worked on my conditioning, and hands a lot. I think it paid off.”

Alex Caceres may be nicknamed “Bruce Leroy” but he didn’t have the power of the “Last Dragon” with him on Saturday night as former WEC featherweight Mackens Semerzier dominated the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner en route to a rear naked choke victory.

It was apparent in the early going that Semerzier wanted to showcase his dominance, and he looked powerful pushing Caceres around the cage before taking the fight to the mat.

Once the fight hit the canvas, it was all Semerzier.

Semerzier took Caceres’ back within a few moments, and as soon as he locked his arm under his opponent’s chin, like a vice grip he tightened the hold and soon forced the tap out.

“I’m pretty happy about my performance, but I ate a left hand that I’m not happy about. I got a bloody nose. My jiu-jitsu was good. Fifteen years of training for 15 minutes – I’m real happy to be here,” Semerzier said after the victory.

“I’ve been working hard. I want to thank my team for training me. I’m happy I got the win, but I have to get better.”

Making the most of his UFC debut, Semerzier looked extremely impressive in a dominant win over Caceres, while “Bruce Leroy” may exit the UFC after the loss and get a chance to improve and then make his way back to the Octagon.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 116 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Check out the social media reactions from the winners and losers at UFC-Pittsburgh from this past Saturday, including ER visits.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 Ferguson vs. Lee Extended Preview: Two Title Fights | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 216 video preview with two title fights on tap! Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee tops the card, while Demetrious Johnson attempts to make history. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier understands and agrees with why he is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. He just has a hard time reconciling it emotionally. read news >>

Ferguson-Lee interim title fight takes UFC 216's top billing over Johnson-Borg

Based on a new event poster and the UFC.com bout listing, longtime UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson’s attempt at one of MMA’s most prestigious records will be relegated to co-main-event stat read news >>

You can't always get what you want – but, with his UFC-Japan opponent, Jussier Formiga did

Excited to be in Japan against an opponent he requested in Ulka Sasaki, things may be looking up for Brazilian flyweight Jussier Formiga.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Raphael Assuncao, Sage Northcutt Both Return at UFC Fight Night in Virginia | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC Fight Night card in Norfolk, Virginia continued to grow on Tuesday with a pair of bouts being added to the card taking place on Nov. 11. Top five ranked bantamweight contender Raphael Assunca read news >>

Report: Sage Northcutt to make 2017 debut at UFC Fight Night 120 vs. Michel Quinones

Sage Northcutt is scheduled to fight for the first time this year and will do so at lightweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

John Lineker meets Marlon Vera at UFC Fight Night 119 in Sao Paulo

Brazilian heavy hitter John Lineker meets Ecuadorian up-and-comer Marlon Vera in a bantamweight encounter.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Throwing it back to UFC 1, Combate Americas announces 1-night $100,000 tournament

Combate Americas is going old school with a one-night tournament in Mexico.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117: Saint Preux vs. Okami Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 117: Saint Preux vs. Okami full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 7:30 pm ET on Saturday. read news >>