#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Angela Magana #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy is ready to get back in the cage and fight again, and it looks like he’ll be making an appearance on a fight card this summer.

The former Army Special Forces member is headed into his training camp, and while he doesn’t have an opponent yet, it looks like Strikeforce is getting ready to make him an offer.

“I have inclinations. Looks like I’m going to be fighting in July or August,” Kennedy told MMAWeekly Radio. “I’m moving into my fight camp right now. Really had an awesome two months of drills and strengthening my fundamentals, worked a lot of boxing, and improving my jiu-jitsu.

“So now I’m moving into the fight camp portion.”

Kennedy is coming off a first-round win over Melvin Manhoef at the Strikeforce show in Ohio in March. The Texas native has gone 4-1 since coming to Strikeforce with his lone loss coming to current middleweight champion Ronald “Jacare” Souza.

For his training camp, Kennedy will once again enlist the services of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn and their team in New Mexico.

“I’ll be going out to Albuquerque for a couple months and hopefully you’ll see me in the cage by the end of July or early August,” Kennedy stated.

As far as an opponent goes, that part never really matters to Kennedy. He’s just waiting on a name and a contract so he can put a face to the opponent he wants to dispatch of when he returns to action.

“I’m ready to go. I’m hungry, I’ve been working my butt off for the past few months now, now I want to go out there and really bring it to my next opponent,” said Kennedy.

Additional sources have indicated that Kennedy could be a part of the major Strikeforce show being targeted for July, which could include a main event showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Strikeforce is planning to run several shows between their June 18 event in Texas and the end of the year. Depending on how things shake out with the July card, Kennedy could also end up on an event in August.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Steve Bosse vs. Jared Cannonier booked for July's TUF 25 Finale in Las Vegas

The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale continues to take shape with a new light heavyweight fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC owners turned down $5 billion buyout offer, per Dana White

The UFC sold this past July for about $4 billion, or $3.775 billion and a quarter-billion in earn-outs, if you want to get technical. But when the promotion's former owners were considering which buy read news >>

UFC titleholder Tyron Woodley returns in July: 'Champ camp just kicked off'

It appears UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will fit a title defense into his busy schedule.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Art of Fighting in the UFC Has Changed. Here's How.

Since July 2014, I've written 110 previews of UFC events. In that time, I've seen every single fight the promotion has put on and thousands more besides in order to do the necessary film study to wri read news >>

Reports: Aspen Ladd set for UFC debut vs. Jessica Eye at TUF 25 Finale in July

The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale appears to have a women’s bantamweight bout headed for the card, including an unbeaten Invicta FC prospect.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Would Have Signed a 55-Year Deal as UFC President | MMAWeekly.com

When UFC was sold in July 2016 to WME-IMG for a staggering $4.2 billion, longtime president Dana White inked a five-year deal to remain with the fight company. read news >>

Dana White Couldn't Be a Bigger Believer in New UFC Owner | MMAWeekly.com

When UFC former owners sold the fight promotion in July 2016 for $4.2 billion to WME–IMG, the promotion's longtime president, Dana White, was distraught. read news >>

Valerie Letourneau meets Emily Ducote in promotional debut at Bellator 181 on July 14

One of Bellator’s most recent notable signings will debut with the promotion this summer.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Fertitta brothers use UFC sale money to form investment firm

Buoyed by the $4 billion sale of the UFC this past July, the Fertitta brothers are getting into the investment game. The Wall Street Journal today reported Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta have formed Fert read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt Official for UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort's final fight inside the Octagon will be against former Strikeforce champion Nate Marquardt at UFC 212. read news >>