#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ben Askren #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Nate Diaz #Justin Buchholz #Jon Jones #Angela Lee #Shinya Aoki #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Duane Ludwig #Istela Nunes

Shah BobonisAfter a seesaw start to his career, Shah Bobonis has managed to pull things together and is currently riding a five-fight winning streak.

Bobonis credits his newfound stability to the fact that he’s been able to focus more on fighting after trying to balance it along with a regular career.

“Before the last few years I was trying to work full-time and fight and it was tough,” he said. “Once I made the commitment to fight full-time and now that I’m just fighting it’s made the difference.

“When I was hovering around .500 or just above it, I was fighting when I could around my work schedule and things like that because I loved to compete. When my coaches sat me down and said that I should think about doing this seriously and see how good I could be, I made the decision and it’s worked out so far.”

By dedicating himself to MMA, Bobonis was able to complement his already solid striking with an improving jiu-jitsu game and a wrestling regimen that integrates it more into fighting rather than being a standalone skill.

“About two years ago, I made a commitment to start training with Division-1 wrestlers who also do MMA and I feel my wrestling for MMA is just maybe a notch below my striking, but very, very good,” he said. “I also went out to Alliance and picked up from things from Dominick Cruz. He said he doesn’t have the wrestling credentials of some of the people he fights, but he takes them down at will because his wrestling for MMA is better than theirs.”

Bobonis will get an opportunity to keep his winning streak going on Friday night in Knoxville, Tenn. as he takes on Cornelius Godfrey at XFC 20 live on AXS TV.

“He hasn’t really been a pro that long, but I think he’s going to be good eventually, and at 6-0 I’m sure he thinks he’s a world-beater, but I really feel I’m better than him at every aspect of the game,” said Bobonis. “He hasn’t fought anybody close to my level.

“I think he thinks he’ll have an advantage boxing, but I tend to disagree. I think he does well in MMA because he’s long for 135-pounder and most of the guys he’s fought aren’t very good strikers at all, so just the length gives them problems – that’s not really going to bother me at all. I think wherever the fight goes I’m going to be leaps and bounds better than him.”

Should Bobonis defeat Godfrey, he told MMAWeekly.com that his next goal is to establish himself as the best bantamweight in the XFC and have the promotion bring in top tier talent to challenge him.

“I already talked to (XFC president) John Prisco and he knows my plan,” said Bobonis. “I want a title as soon as possible and then I want him to sign the biggest free agents out there.

“I want to fight guys like Antonio Banuelos or (Hiroyuki) Takaya or (Katsunori) Imanari from Japan, guys like that are recognized internationally and beat them up so I’ll become recognized internationally. With the platform of AXS TV, it’s very feasible that something like that can happen.”

(Photo courtesy of XFC)

Daniel Gallemore Confident in His Abilities Against Daniel James at Victory FC 57 | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Gallemore (6-3) will seek to keep his winning streak going when he takes on Daniel James (6-2-1) in the Victory FC 57 main event on Friday. read news >>

Demian Maia Split Decisions Jorge Masvidal, Earns Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia extended his winning streak to seven consecutive fights on Saturday by defeating Jorge Masvidal by split decision at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Stipe Miocic, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and UFC 211's other winning fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the winners will be matched up with next. And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it's time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Andrea Lee Plans Remains Aggressive in Pursuit of Invicta Flyweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee (6-2) will look to add to her winning streak when she returns to Invicta on Saturday to take on Liz Tracy (3-1) in a main card 125-pound bout. read news >>

Marc Stevens Titan FC 44 Game Plan: 'Put Robert Turnquest Away' | MMAWeekly.com

Marc Stevens (21-10) will seek to keep on the winning track in his first bout of 2017 against Robert Turnquest (6-3) in a 170-pound bout at Titan FC 44. read news >>

Vanessa Porto seeks Jennifer Maia trilogy after Invicta FC 23 headliner vs. Agnieszka Niedzwiedz

Vanessa Porto is focused on Saturday’s Invicta FC 23 main-event showdown with Agnieszka Niedzwiedz. However, Porto would be lying if she said there weren’t goals in mind beyond the upcoming fight.Fil read news >>

Video: Before UFC Fight Night 109 headliner, watch Glover Teixeira notch 20th straight win

Back in 2013, Glover Teixeira was riding a 19-fight winning streak as he entered his first UFC headliner. Check out the full fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Roxanne Modafferi Excited to Test Herself Against Sarah D’Alelio at Invicta FC 23 | MMAWeekly.com

Roxanne Modafferi (19-13) will look to build a winning streak when she takes on Sarah D’Alelio (11-6) at Invicta FC 23 on Friday in Kansas City, Mo. read news >>

Glover Teixeira's KO of the Night Win Over Ryan Bader (UFC Stockholm Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Glover Teixeira started his UFC career winning his first five bouts including this Knockout of the Night victory over Ryan Bader in 2013. read news >>