#Conor McGregor #Justin Buchholz #UFC 211 #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Duane Ludwig #Nate Diaz #MMA KINGS #Cat Zingano #Dynasty of Heroes #Twisted #Jon Jones #Alexander Gustafsson #Rory MacDonald #UFC 202

Petruzelli-Seth-UFC116-1Following a two-year layoff, former UFC light heavyweight Seth Petruzelli made his return to MMA this past March at Bellator 85 against Jacob Noe.

Unfortunately for Petruzelli, the fight ended in a TKO loss and a quick end to what was looking like the start of a comeback.

“It was really heartbreaking for the last Bellator tournament to go down the way it did, especially because I knew I was better than the guy I was fighting,” said Petruzelli. “I felt really good in there and it was just a matter of time before I knocked him out. For it to end the way it did, it was just like, ‘What the (expletive)?!’

“I definitely want to come back and prove my last fight was just a (expletive) fluke. Anyone that’s watched that fight knows I was winning, but at the same time, a loss is a loss.”

Having suffered a knee injury prior to his fight with Noe, Petruzelli is now healthy and looking to reboot his comeback hopes against “King” Mo Lawal at Wednesday’s Bellator 96 event in Thackerville, Okla., live on Spike TV.

“King Mo is one of the most dangerous opponents I’ve ever fought and he’s probably the most relevant,” said Petruzelli. “Obviously things didn’t go well for him in his last fight, but I really believe he’s at the top of his game right now.

“At the same time, I’m just fighting another man; I’m not fighting the name King Mo. He can be beat. I just have to put the work in to do it.”

Petruzelli doesn’t fool himself into thinking Lawal may get out of his comfort zone of wrestling, but just in case he can get him to trade shots, there would be nothing that would make him happier.

“I want nothing more than Mo to stand and bang with me,” Petruzelli said. “Obviously he’s not going to listen to me, but I’m begging him to please stand with me, (but) that would be a dream come true. I hope he’s feeling froggy and wants to prove a point because I’ll be there for him.

“I really hope he tries to stand with me, but (I’ve trained) for him to try to take me down. I think once he gets tagged on the feet he’s going to try to get me to the ground. I think he’s way overconfident with his hands. He’s got powerful and quick punches, but technically I don’t think his hands are there yet.”

As part of this season’s shortened four-man light-heavyweight tournament, the opportunity is there for Petruzelli to get a title shot at Attila Vegh should he win out, but that’s not what drives him at this point.

“To be honest, I could care less about winning the belt right now,” he said. “I just care about getting really good fights and beating really good fighters to validate my legacy in this sport.

“I don’t want to be known as the guy that beat a couple good fighters here and there. I want to be known as the guy that beat good fighters throughout his career and King Mo is another opportunity to show that.”

LaRue Burley still puzzled by Bellator departure, but sees new start at LFA 11

LaRue Burley is the type who prefers to look forward into the future of his fighting career, not dwell on the past.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Bellator's Benson Henderson explains uncharacteristic F-bomb 'outburst' on Twitter

When it comes to classy, respectful and humble MMA fighters, Benson Henderson has to be near the top of the list. Everyone has moments of breaking away from usual behavior, though.Filed under: Bellat read news >>

Rory MacDonald: Bellator 179 In Focus Video | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald makes his promotional debut at Bellator 179. "I'm gonna be a problem for every fighter in the Bellator cage." read news >>

Ilima Macfarlane expects inaugural Bellator women's flyweight title fight, wants it soon

Ilima Macfarlane has no doubts that, when Bellator introduces its inaugural women’s flyweight championship, she is going to be one half of the title fight. But when?Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lightweight champ Michael Chandler discusses goals for Bellator 180 and beyond

When it comes to his long-term goals, Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler feels there’s a lot more work to be done.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Ryan Bader-Phil Davis rematch at Bellator 180 will be better than boring first fight

All evidence pointed toward a boring fight when Ryan Bader and Phil Davis first shared the cage together more than two years ago. It played out as such in practice, but Bader promises the rematch is read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Winner Gets Shot at Bellator Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald got some welcome news on Tuesday. They are officially fighting for the promotion's No. 1 contender slot. read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker willing to hear out Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes on coming back to fight

If UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes want to stage comebacks, Bellator President Scott Coker is certainly willing to hear them out.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>

Bellator 179: Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Media Call Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald field question from the media on a pre-fight conference call in the lead-up to their May 19 bout in London. read news >>