#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #UFC 215

Michelle WatersonSince returning to fighting last year after a two-year hiatus, Michelle “Karate Hottie” Waterson has made great strides forward in what was already a strong up and coming career.

For Waterson it’s not so much been what she’s done in the gym, but a major addition to her personal life that has made her want to strive for more in her career.

“I think that after having my daughter I’ve really kind of stepped up my game as far as being a fighter,” said Waterson. “Now I have a lot more reasons to win and show my daughter that you can go after your dreams no matter what happens to you in life.

“I feel like I’m back and better than ever. I have more motivation and she pushes me to be better every day.”

While she had a convincing win in her first bout back against Donna Rael in January 2012, it was a split-decision victory over Lacey Schuckman at Invicta FC 3 in October that really tested Waterson’s resolve.

“She almost beat me in the first round, so it was kind of a mental battle for me to pull myself out of that and acknowledge that I could do it even though I lost that first round,” said Waterson.

“I’ve always had heart, and when it comes to fighting, I think it’s important to understand that. There have been times where I’ve been tested and was able to focus and push through.”

Waterson’s performance was strong enough that Invicta invited her back, this time to challenge 105-pound champion Jessica Penne in the main event of Invicta FC 5 on April 5 card in Kansas City.

“I watched her last fight and I know there are some things I can do to expose her weaknesses, which is what I plan on doing,” Waterson told MMAWeekly.com.

“Knowing that I have a chance to get the belt definitely motivates me, but a fight’s a fight and she’s just another person that’s going to go on my record. That’s how I look at it. I take her as seriously as I do my other opponents, nothing more, nothing less.”

With the debuts of former Bellator champion Zoila Frausto-Gurgel alongside former Strikeforce champions Sarah Kaufman and Cris “Cyborg” Santos, the fact that Waterson is headlining the card is awing to her, but also very motivating.

“I’m totally excited to be headlining the card,” said Waterson. “It’s pretty surreal.

“That’s crazy to me that I’m headlining above all those girls. They’re the best in the sport. It’s awesome, but at the same time I’ve got to show up and do my job and do it in a convincing fashion that I can show people that I do deserve that spotlight.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Michelle Waterson Fights

• 9 months ago

Comments

Floyd Mayweather explains lack of training footage before Conor McGregor fight

Floyd Mayweather has his reasons for not revealing any training footage ahead of his Conor McGregor showdown.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

5 reasons to watch 'Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani,' hiding under the MayMac radar

Most of the MMA world is focused on MayMac this week, but don’t forget about two crucial welterweight fights Friday at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Live Stream: Online Schedule Info for Weigh-in

The second most important aspect of a fight happens on Friday: the weigh-in. Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor will both weigh-in as part of their final preparations for the fight Saturday nigh read news >>

Bellator 182's Brennan Ward wants you excited more than he wants you to see his hand raised

Brennan Ward says it’s more important for you to not be bored by his performance than for him to win – especially right now in Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Top 25 finishes in Invicta FC history (Nos. 15-11): Body kicks galore

With Invicta FC’s 25th event around the corner, the all-female promotion has rolled out a countdown of the 25 best finishes in its history.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Watch 'Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs. Kunitskaya' ahead of Thursday title fight

Go behind the scenes of the vacant bantamweight title fight between Raquel Pa’aluhi and Yana Kunitskaya in “Road to Invicta FC 25.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Weigh-in Video Live, Wednesday at 8p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Invicta FC 25 weigh-in streaming live on Wednesday at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Invicta FC 25 weigh-in results

Invicta FC will crown a new champion tomorrow night.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC strawweight Tecia Torres wants a fight with Michelle Waterson

UFC women’s strawweight Tecia Torres wants to fight Michelle Waterson, but so far “The Karate Hottie” hasn’t responded.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs Kunitskaya Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC will make its inaugural visit to the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino on Thursday, Aug. 31 for Invicta FC 25. read news >>