MENU
#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Darren Till #Michael Bisping #Anderson Silva #Donald Cerrone #Demetrious Johnson


Drew Fickett

Drew Fickett

The Maximum Fighting Championship on Monday released former MFC lightweight contender Drew Fickett from his contract with the promotion.

An MFC press release stated that Fickett, after losing to Brian Cobb at MFC 30, was granted permission to fight for the Dream promotion this past weekend. Fickett suffered a second consecutive defeat in Japan, which MFC says nullified his contract.

“Drew had the consent of the MFC to fight in Japan, but he and his management were expressly told that if he lost badly again he would be released, and therefore Drew has been released,” explained MFC owner and president Mark Pavelich.

“I will not have guys coming and going from the MFC and thinking what they do in other organizations won’t have an effect on where they stand in the Maximum Fighting Championship. I have a lot of respect for Drew, especially in the way he turned his life around and I wish him the best of luck in his future.”

Fickett was scheduled to be part of the line-up for the upcoming MFC 31 fight card scheduled for Oct. 14.

Fickett had been on a five-fight winning streak prior to the loss to Cobb. It was a miraculous turn in his career after enduring a stretch where he went 2-8 amidst a slew of personal issues.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Comments

Show Comments

Related News

UFC releases statement on Las Vegas shooting; fighters react to tragedy

  • 16 days ago
  • 8 views

The UFC has released a statement on Sunday’s mass shooting on the Las Vegas strip.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch the extended trailer for Conor McGregor's 'Notorious' documentary film

  • 13 days ago
  • 37 views

Conor McGregor’s “Notorious” documentary film is closer and closer to being released for the world to see. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Nik Lentz Releases Statement Revealing Why He Was Removed from UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 12 days ago
  • 56 views

Lightweight fighter Nik Lentz has been forced out of his scheduled fight against former teammate Will Brooks, and now we know why. The Lentz vs. Brooks bout had been slated for the UFC 216 Prelims on read news >>

Nik Lentz releases statement on UFC 216 scratch, says it's not his fault

  • 11 days ago
  • 20 views

Nik Lentz said his decision to go to the hospital because of a health issue forced his withdrawal from tonight’ UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Donating All Profits from Vegas Strong T-Shirts | MMAWeekly.com

  • 11 days ago
  • 4 views

In the wake of the recent tragedy in Las Vegas, UFC has released special "Vegas Strong" t-shirts and is donating 100-percent of the profits. read news >>

UFC Fighter Demetrious Johnson Sets Record for Consecutive Title Defenses

  • 10 days ago
  • 3 views

Fact: Demetrious Johnson sets record for consecutive title defenses with 11. Bleacher Report will be bringing sports fans the most interesting and engaging Cold Hard Facts of the day, presented by Co read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Medical Suspensions: Three Fighters Face Three-Month Layoffs | MMAWeekly.com

  • 23 days ago
  • 30 views

The UFC released the medical suspensions stemming from Friday's UFC Fight Night 117 on Monday. Three fighters from the fight card that took place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan face potenti read news >>

Andrea Lee releases statement on scrapped UFC 216 bout

  • 18 days ago
  • 15 views

Due to a past drug-testing issue, Andrea Lee will have to wait six months to make her debut in the UFC women’s flyweight division.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>