Jason High at Affliction 2

Over the last two years, Strikeforce welterweight Jason “Kansas City Bandit” High has quietly been working his way through the ranks, racking up a seven-fight winning streak in the process.

High recently put on his most impressive performance, submitting Nate Moore in less than 30 seconds at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy this past Saturday in Portland, Ore.

“It went about as well as a fight can go,” said High. “Any time you can win a fight in under a minute, you can’t complain at all. I’m trying to get in and out as quick as possible.”

High told MMAWeekly.com that the key to his winning streak has been his work with one of MMA’s premier teams.

“I’m with American Top Team right now, and I’m finding out what really works for me. I’m working on game planning, being more intelligent and coming into my own as a fighter, basically,” he said.

“I’m always in good shape now. I was in good shape (before) too, but it’s just a combination of everything: physical, mental, everything.”

Not only has High reaped the benefits of working with the ATT, having his own HD (High-Davis) gym in his hometown that he can put in the day-to-day work has also been a big part of his success.

“We’re growing slowly and have a good group of guys,” he said. “It’s great to have a home gym in Kansas City. We’re one of the few legit places in Kansas City.

“(LC Davis) is a great partner. He was running things great while I was gone.”

High feels his next move should be up to a main card feature fight, and then potentially a title shot after that, considering how he’s earned his success the old fashioned way; one win at a time.

“I’m hoping to fight again on the September card, that would be perfect for me,” he said. “Hopefully I can be on that main card, because I definitely feel I deserve to be.

“As far as welterweights, I’ve got to be at the top of the heap. I definitely want to finish out the year solid and then see what’s up.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Marcus Edwards Believes LFA 5 Victory Puts Him at the UFC's Door | MMAWeekly.com

Marcus Edwards has a tough fight ahead of him at Friday's LFA 5 in Colorado, but believes a win puts him at the UFC's doorstep. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 results: Niko Price puts Alex Morono away with KO at Round 2 buzzer

HOUSTON – For one round, Niko Price fought on hometown favorite Alex Morono’s terms and got schooled.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Felice Herrig v2.0 Puts First Blemish on Alexa Grasso's Record (UFC Houston Results) | MMAWeekly.com

A new and improved Felice Herrig took a unanimous decision over Alexa Grasso at UFC Fight Night 104 on Saturday in Houston. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Jacare Souza: 'I'm the Champion Without the Title' | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza wants a title shot, but believes he is already the champion, he just doesn't have the belt to prove it. read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Rafael dos Anjos considering Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz for first welterweight fight

Rafael dos Anjos believes he’s earned the right to jump right into UFC title contention in the welterweight division.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>