#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Gokhan Saki #Ovince St. Preux #Conor McGregor #Yushin Okami #UFC Fight Night 83

Jason High at Affliction 2

Over the last two years, Strikeforce welterweight Jason “Kansas City Bandit” High has quietly been working his way through the ranks, racking up a seven-fight winning streak in the process.

High recently put on his most impressive performance, submitting Nate Moore in less than 30 seconds at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy this past Saturday in Portland, Ore.

“It went about as well as a fight can go,” said High. “Any time you can win a fight in under a minute, you can’t complain at all. I’m trying to get in and out as quick as possible.”

High told MMAWeekly.com that the key to his winning streak has been his work with one of MMA’s premier teams.

“I’m with American Top Team right now, and I’m finding out what really works for me. I’m working on game planning, being more intelligent and coming into my own as a fighter, basically,” he said.

“I’m always in good shape now. I was in good shape (before) too, but it’s just a combination of everything: physical, mental, everything.”

Not only has High reaped the benefits of working with the ATT, having his own HD (High-Davis) gym in his hometown that he can put in the day-to-day work has also been a big part of his success.

“We’re growing slowly and have a good group of guys,” he said. “It’s great to have a home gym in Kansas City. We’re one of the few legit places in Kansas City.

“(LC Davis) is a great partner. He was running things great while I was gone.”

High feels his next move should be up to a main card feature fight, and then potentially a title shot after that, considering how he’s earned his success the old fashioned way; one win at a time.

“I’m hoping to fight again on the September card, that would be perfect for me,” he said. “Hopefully I can be on that main card, because I definitely feel I deserve to be.

“As far as welterweights, I’ve got to be at the top of the heap. I definitely want to finish out the year solid and then see what’s up.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Ray Borg says he's going to end Demetrious Johnson's career in UFC 215 title fight

Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Evander Holyfield Believes the Mayweather vs. McGregor Fight Was Stopped Early | MMAWeekly.com

Following Floyd "Money" Mayweather's 10th-round stoppage of UFC champion Conor McGregor on Saturday, a lot of people thought the fight was stopped prematurely. read news >>

Conor McGregor Believes One Uppercut Was a Split Second Away from Knocking Out Floyd Mayweather | MMAWeekly.com

On Saturday night, Conor McGregor managed to land more punches in less than 10 rounds than Manny Pacquiao did over 12 rounds in their respective fights with Floyd Mayweather. McGregor was a much heav read news >>

VanZant Puts Weight-Cutting Struggle Behind Her In Move to 125

Paige VanZant is making her debut at flyweight at UFC 216 after dealing with weigh cutting issues for her last few fights. Rejuvenated, PVZ looks to make a statement when she takes on former bantamwe read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Floyd Mayweather Has 'Strong Tools' He Could Take into MMA

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. has some "strong tools" that'd enable him to be a success in MMA. McGregor had his first professional boxing fight on Saturday ag read news >>

Conor McGregor says with better prep for 12 rounds, he could have beat Floyd Mayweather

Conor McGregor believes cardio got the best of him against Floyd Mayweather, and with one change in prep, he could’ve come out on top.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Stefan Struve out to prove once more 'rankings are bull(expletive)'

Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ian Heinisch Believes He Can Finish Markus Perez Easy on the Ground in LFA 22 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Ian Heinisch (8-0) will face Markus Perez (8-0) in a 185-pound championship main event at LFA 22 on Friday in Broomfield, Colo. read news >>