#UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #GSP #Ben Askren #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Sydney #Shinya Aoki #ONE FC #Kelvin Gastelum #Rose Namajunas #TJ Dillashaw

The British Association of Mixed Martial Arts has a headliner for its Dec. 1 event, as the promotion announced that Jack Marshman will square off with Xavier Foupa-Pokam in a middleweight matchup.

BAMMA 11 takes place at National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England, and features a 15-bout card that includes a light heavyweight co-main event between Linton Vassell and Jason Jones.

Marshman has tasted defeat just once in his 12-fight professional career, falling to current UFC talent Tom Watson via TKO in a middleweight title tilt at BAMMA 9 in March. The serving British paratrooper rebounded in his next outing, submitting Andrew Punshon with a first-round triangle choke at BAMMA 10. Ten of Marshman’s 11 career victories have come by way of knockout or submission.

“I’m feeling really good and I’m excited about this fight, mainly as this is my first bout at international level and it’s a step up I’m ready for. I always like to think I’m more well-rounded than people think, and I showed fans that I’m much more than a boxer in my last fight,” Marshman stated in a release. “I’m up against someone who is experienced and skilled in all areas, so I will definitely need to prove that I’m a rounded fighter as I’m coming for the win.

A two-time veteran of the UFC, Foupa-Pokam has split a pair of bouts with the India-based Super Fight League thus far in 2012. “Professor X” earned a first-round doctor stoppage of Joey Guel at SFL 1 in March before dropping a unanimous decision to Claudio Henrique da Silva on Oct. 26. The 30-year-old Frenchman has just two victories in his last 11 fights.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 119 results: Antonio Carlos Junior smothers, then chokes out Jack Marshman

Antonio Carlos Junior had very little trouble with Welshman Jack Marshman. He took him down, mounted him, then choked him out in the first.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Antonio Carlos Junior Sinks the Sub (UFC Sao Paulo Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Antonio Carlos Junior's submission victory over Jack Marshman at UFC Fight Night 119. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 video highlights: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Jack Marshman

Check out the UFC Fight Night 119 video highlights for Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Jack Marshman.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dustin Poirier Blasts Eddie Alvarez Following Win Over Anthony Pettis | MMAWeekly.com

Dustin Poirier was more than happy to headline UFC Fight Night in Norfolk, Virginia against former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, but he knows deep down he should have been facing a different o read news >>

From company man to champ and back again, Michael Bisping's latest booking brings him full circle

About to headline a UFC Fight Pass-only event as a late replacement, what exactly is Michael Bisping after in the twilight of his career?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Lorenz Larkin and Fernando Gonzalez Headline Bellator 193 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif. for Bellator 193 headlined by Lorenz Larkin and Fernando Gonzalez in a catchweight bout. read news >>

Will Georges St-Pierre vs. Robert Whittaker title-unifier headline UFC 221 in Perth?

Could the biggest fight of Robert Whittaker’s life – against Georges St-Pierre – come close to home?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>