#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Jimi Manuwa #Jan Blachowicz #Paul Craig #Magomed Ankalaev #Leon Edwards #Peter Sobotta #Tom Duquesnoy #Terrion Ware #Charles Byrd #John Phillips #Oliver Enkamp #Danny Roberts

Is Dana White Pushing Mark Hunt Out of the UFC? 'They Turned on the Whistleblower' | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Hunt was recently removed from his UFC Sydney headlining bout with Marcin Tybura because of health concerns, and he’s not happy about it.

Saying that he is healthy and medically fit to fight, Hunt claims Dana White and the UFC are trying to push him out for being a whistleblower and lobbying for tougher sanctions on performance-enhancing drug abusers.

UFC officials stated that Hunt was removed from his fight with Tybura and replaced by Fabricio Werdum because of concerns about his health following comments he made in an article that appeared on Player’s Voice.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words,” he was quoted as saying. “My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday, but I can remember the (expletive) I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

After being removed from the fight, Hunt took to his Instagram account, blasting White and the UFC. He has since returned to Player’s Voice to publish a new article, “A Message to Dana White.” In the article, Hunt explains that he has cleared medical checks.

“I have passed two health checks leading up to UFC Sydney, and one of those was with a neurosurgeon,” Hunt wrote. “They can test me again if they like. It’ll be the same result. I’m completely with it. My brain is fine. Let me get on with my career.”

Hunt claims the real reason behind the UFC removing him from the Tybura bout was because he is a whistleblower. Hunt has long complained loudly about how the promotion treats anti-doping policy violators with kid gloves and has even filed a lawsuit over the matter.

Dana White over bloody Mark HuntBecause of that, he believes White and the UFC are trying to push him out, despite having three fights left on his current contract.

“Dana White obviously has it in for me and he’s looking for anything he can – no matter how small or (expletive) or trivial – as an excuse to push me out of the UFC,” Hunt said.

“I’ve been vocal about the UFC’s bad record on performance-enhancing drugs and how it has impacted my career – the titles I should’ve won and the money it’s cost me. It’s a real concern and many other fighters feel the same way.”

That, Hunt says, is the UFC’s real motivation behind benching him. If the promotion or White was concerned about his health, he claims they haven’t taken the necessary steps to show it.

Hunt says no one from the UFC has even questioned him directly about the original article that started this firestorm.

“They turned on the whistleblower,” he said. “If the UFC were really worried about my health, why haven’t they ever talked to me about my PlayersVoice article? Why haven’t they spoken to anyone at PlayersVoice about the way the column was written and the context?

“None of us – not me, not the PlayersVoice guys – have heard a peep from anyone at the UFC,” he continued.

“There is nothing wrong with my health.”

UFC officials had not responded to a request for comment on the situation by the time of publication.

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Brian Ortega: A Bad Match-up for the UFC Featherweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

After watching Royce Gracie in the early days of the UFC, a young Brian Ortega tried out jiu-jitsu -- and turned out to be a prodigy. read news >>

Dana White Tease Chances Are 'Very Good' Brock Lesnar Returns to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says chances are 'very good' that former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar returns to compete inside the Octagon read news >>

Dana White Says UFC 223 Winner Will Get Conor McGregor's Title Belt

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Friday that the winner of the UFC 223 fight between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will become the new lightweight champion. White told Lance Pugmire of t read news >>

Did Conor McGregor Try to Save UFC 222? Dana White Says 'Nothing About it Made Sense' | MMAWeekly.com

At the UFC 222 Post-Fight Press Conference, White confirmed that McGregor had indeed offered to step in and fight Edgar. But was it a serious offer? read news >>

Dana White Still Targeting Late Summer Return for Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Conor McGregor still hasn't said when exactly he plans to return to the UFC but Dana White seems to believe he will be back before the year is over. The UFC president recently spoke to the BBC where read news >>

Tyron Woodley Squashing His Beef with Dana White and RDA | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley is tired of arguing, so he's squashing his beef with UFC president Dana White and moving on. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126: Cerrone vs. Medeiros Weigh-in Video | MMAWeekly.com

? (Courtesy of UFC) Watch the fighters step on the scale and make their UFC Fight Night 126 bouts official. TRENDING > UFC KO of the Week: Donald Cerrone's Head Kick Finish of Matt Brown Donald Cerro read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 126's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

Check out a live stream of the UFC Fight Night 126 post-event press conference. read news >>

Roberto Sanchez Sinks the Sub at UFC Austin (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from Roberto Sanchez's submission victory over Joby Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sun read news >>

Darren Till Will Headline First Ever UFC Event in Liverpool, England | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Darren Till is going home. On Friday, the UFC announced plans for a card in Liverpool, England on May 27 with Till competing in the main event in his hometown. As of now, there's still no word on Til read news >>

Darren Till: 'In 200 Years, They're Gonna Remember My Name in Liverpool' | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The UFC on Friday announced is forthcoming arrival in Liverpool, England. The event's headliner, Darren Till, was quick to lay claim to the event as his own. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Not Impressed With the Competition at Lightweight in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't seem all that impressed by the competition in the lightweight division, at least judging by his comments when asked about the top fighters in the world at 155 pounds. Whil read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 127's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

• a day ago

Check out a live stream of the UFC Fight Night 127 post-event press conference. read news >>

UFC London Live Weigh-in, Friday at 1 pm ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night 127: Werdum vs. Volkov ceremonial weigh-in from London, live on Friday at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. read news >>

Relive Fabricio Werdum Knocking Out Mark Hunt: UFC KO of the Week | MMAWeekly.com

Fabricio Werdum became the interim UFC heavyweight champion when he knocked out Mark Hunt at UFC 180 in 2014. Watch now! read news >>

Jared Gordon Planning Mock Weight Cut to Prove to UFC He Can Fight at Featherweight | MMAWeekly.com

Jared Gordon knows he can make it down to the featherweight limit in a safe fashion so he's planning on going through a full weight cut to prove it to the UFC read news >>

Search for: