#UFC 218 #Conor McGregor #Francis Ngannou #UFC 217 #Alistair Overeem #Max Holloway #GSP #Mike Perry #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Mark Hunt was recently removed from his UFC Sydney headlining bout with Marcin Tybura because of health concerns, and he’s not happy about it.

Saying that he is healthy and medically fit to fight, Hunt claims Dana White and the UFC are trying to push him out for being a whistleblower and lobbying for tougher sanctions on performance-enhancing drug abusers.

UFC officials stated that Hunt was removed from his fight with Tybura and replaced by Fabricio Werdum because of concerns about his health following comments he made in an article that appeared on Player’s Voice.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words,” he was quoted as saying. “My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday, but I can remember the (expletive) I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

After being removed from the fight, Hunt took to his Instagram account, blasting White and the UFC. He has since returned to Player’s Voice to publish a new article, “A Message to Dana White.” In the article, Hunt explains that he has cleared medical checks.

“I have passed two health checks leading up to UFC Sydney, and one of those was with a neurosurgeon,” Hunt wrote. “They can test me again if they like. It’ll be the same result. I’m completely with it. My brain is fine. Let me get on with my career.”

Hunt claims the real reason behind the UFC removing him from the Tybura bout was because he is a whistleblower. Hunt has long complained loudly about how the promotion treats anti-doping policy violators with kid gloves and has even filed a lawsuit over the matter.

Dana White over bloody Mark HuntBecause of that, he believes White and the UFC are trying to push him out, despite having three fights left on his current contract.

“Dana White obviously has it in for me and he’s looking for anything he can – no matter how small or (expletive) or trivial – as an excuse to push me out of the UFC,” Hunt said.

“I’ve been vocal about the UFC’s bad record on performance-enhancing drugs and how it has impacted my career – the titles I should’ve won and the money it’s cost me. It’s a real concern and many other fighters feel the same way.”

That, Hunt says, is the UFC’s real motivation behind benching him. If the promotion or White was concerned about his health, he claims they haven’t taken the necessary steps to show it.

Hunt says no one from the UFC has even questioned him directly about the original article that started this firestorm.

“They turned on the whistleblower,” he said. “If the UFC were really worried about my health, why haven’t they ever talked to me about my PlayersVoice article? Why haven’t they spoken to anyone at PlayersVoice about the way the column was written and the context?

“None of us – not me, not the PlayersVoice guys – have heard a peep from anyone at the UFC,” he continued.

“There is nothing wrong with my health.”

UFC officials had not responded to a request for comment on the situation by the time of publication.

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White: Nate Diaz Turned Down Fights with Everybody on the UFC Roster | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) Nate Diaz has been the subject of several rumored bouts over the past year or so since he lost to Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August of 2016. But as frequentl read news >>

Dana White Still Not Sure Conor McGregor Will Ever Return to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor won't be fighting at UFC 219 on Dec. 30 and right now there's still no word on when — or if — he will ever return again. On Tuesday, UFC president Dana White made a shocking revelation read news >>

UFC Shanghai Q&A Featuring Joanna Jedrzejczyk Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the replay of the UFC Shanghai Q&A featuring former champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Jorge Masvidal, and Urijah Faber. read news >>

One Fighter Nearly Put the UFC Out of Business In 2002 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White explains how one fighter nearly put the fight promotion out of business back in 2002. read news >>

Dana White Meeting with CM Punk in Detroit to Discuss His UFC Future | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk may be headed back to the UFC Octagon in the near future. The former WWE superstar, who was submitted in his mixed martial arts debut last September, will sit down with UFC president Dana Whi read news >>

Dana White Recaps the UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 Event | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recaps the UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 night of fights from backstage at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit after the event. read news >>

Dana White Recounts How Ronda Rousey Convinced Him to Bring Women to UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White tells the story how Ronda Rousey convinced him to have women's MMA in the UFC... and the rest is history. read news >>

Nate Diaz Claims He Turned Down UFC Offer to Fight for the Title "In Any Weight Class" | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Diaz wants the right opportunity to come along if he's going to fight in the UFC again but that doesn't mean competing for a title. Diaz took to Twitter on Friday where he claims that the UFC re read news >>

Ahead of his UFC-Fresno headliner, watch Cub Swanson's decimation of Dennis Siver

Ahead of the UFC Fight Night 123 main event Saturday in Fresno, Calif., watch headliner Cub Swanson take out Dennis Siver in Las Vegas.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>