#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #Nik Lentz #Will Brooks #Georges St-Pierre

Lauren TaylorWhile she feels she was a virtual unknown heading into Invicta FC 5 this past April, her win over veteran Kaitlin Young has helped establish Lauren Taylor (6-0) as someone to watch in the promotion.

“Nobody really knew who I was before I fought Kaitlin, but now I have people calling me for interviews, and more people are going to watch my upcoming fights because they know who I am,” said Taylor. “It’s definitely opened more doors for me.

“Looking back it feels kind of surreal, but it’s good to know that I belong in a promotion like Invicta. I may not win every fight from here on out, but I won that one and it tells me that I belong with that caliber of women.”

Taylor’s performance impressed Invicta enough to earn her a return to the promotion’s upcoming sixth show in a feature bout against Sarah D’Alelio (7-3). It could be one of the hardest-hitting match-ups come Invicta FC 6 on July 13 in Kansas City.

“I don’t mean this to be arrogant or anything, but the way to beat Sarah is beat the (expletive) out of her,” said Taylor. “She’s really tough and is a great wrestler. So my game plan is no matter where she takes the fight, I’m going to hurt her.

“I’m going to try my best to hurt her really badly to where she’s not going to want to take it there anymore, whether we’re on our feet or clinched in the open or on the ground. I’m going to try to find a way to hurt her anyway I can.”

Taylor told MMAWeekly.com that while she’s always been aggressive in her fights, this is the first time she out and out wants to beat someone and make a statement.

“Every fight I’ve had there’s been this urgency to finish the fight as fast as I can because the longer it goes on, something could happen to me. So there’s always been a sense of urgency, but this is the first time where the game plan is inflict as much pain as possible,” she said.

Cyborg vs Coenen II-250adA win over D’Alelio could put the undefeated Taylor into a good spot to challenge for a title shot later this year or early next year. And while that’s something she’d look forward to, she’s not going to stress herself out thinking about it, but instead leave that call to the higher ups.

“I’m going to take whatever comes my way. I really feel like the universe put me here and I’m just going with the flow,” said Taylor. “I’m just going to keep on doing this and it’s up to the powers that be to where I go next.”

Comments

Winner of World Class Fight League 20's amateur tournament gets Invicta FC contract

Invicta FC will get a new roster member next year, and it’ll come by way of an amateur tournament.Filed under: News read news >>

Jennifer Maia puts 125 title on line vs. Agnieszka Niedzwiedz at Invicta FC 26 in December

Invicta FC will return in December, a week later than previously reported, and the flyweight title will be on the line in the main event.Filed under: News read news >>

What's next for Bellator champs Ryan Bader, Ilima Macfarlane? Scott Coker weighs in

What makes sense for Ryan Bader and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane after Bellator 186?Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 26 Gets Three New Bouts | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta Fighting Championships today announced a flyweight replacement and three new bouts for Invicta FC 26. read news >>

Why fighting Dustin Poirier at UFC Fight Night 120 made sense to Anthony Pettis

Anthony Pettis gives Dustin Poirier credit for having a “complete fighting style” but feels the UFC-Norfolk headlining matchup suits him well.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Alex Hernandez 'Not Threatened in Any Sense' by His LFA 27 Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Alex Hernandez (7-1) will have his first fight of 2017 when he takes on Derrick Adams (10-4) in a 155-pound bout at LFA 27 on Friday. read news >>

Mackenzie Dern signs with Invicta FC, meets Kaline Medeiros in Kansas City

Mackenzie Dern is heading to Invicta FC with an eye on staying unbeaten in her pro career. Filed under: News read news >>

Jiu-Jitsu Ace Mackenzie Dern Inks Invicta FC Deal with an Eye on the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Multiple-time jiu-jitsu world champion Mackenzie Dern has inked a deal with Invicta FC, which could finally give her followers the answer to the question, "When are you going to fight in the UFC?" Af read news >>

Mackenzie Dern makes Invicta FC debut in December

As one of the top Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners on the planet and the daughter of BJJ royalty, Mackenzie Dern is used to having the spotlight on her. On Dec. 8, the spotlight on the unbeaten pros read news >>