#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Rizin 7 #Michael Bisping

Bec Hyatt (4-2) and her husband, who’s also a professional fighter, have faced undefeated opponents 72 percent of the time they’ve stepped into the cage.

On Friday, the Aussie strawweight meets another one when she fights Jasminka Civa (5-0) at Invicta FC 5, which takes place at Ameristar Hotel and Casino in Kansas City, Mo.

“I think a lot of matchmakers try to shout me off and don’t do a very good job of it,” Hyatt told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) with a laugh.

The bubbly 24-year-old mother of two already has turned heads bucking expectations. In her previous fight, she stepped in on short notice to meet the unbeaten Carla Esparza in the headliner of Invicta FC 4.

Esparza’s wrestling credentials far exceeded Hyatt’s, which became apparent as the fight went into deep waters. Hyatt lost a decision, but won praise for hanging in there and staging a late comeback.

Although she still bristles at the result, Hyatt recognizes the value she accrued from her performance in the all-women’s promotion, whose use of social media has made up for its small footprint in the industry. She and Civa recently were featured in a black-and-white promo that resembled more of an encounter session than a trash-talking spat.

“It still doesn’t feel like a loss, the opportunities that I gained from that fight, and a lot of people that I proved wrong,” she said. “They all said I wasn’t going to make it out of Round 1 and I was going to get ground-and-pounded into the canvas.

“I’m very competitive, and I hate decisions. I just don’t feel like it was close. I feel like I could have won if I had one more round or a few more seconds. But I’m feeling really confident and ready to get in there and do my thing.”

Hyatt undoubtedly is more prepared to do that with the proper gear to compete. The airline that flew the Hyatts stateside lost her luggage, which almost prompted her to ask for charitable contributions prior to the fight. Twenty-four hours later, she returned to the airport to find her bags waiting.

Civa has stopped four of her five opponents by way of TKO or KO, so the mouthguard Hyatt holds dearly may be more necessary than usual. It’s another steep challenge from Invicta’s matchmaker.

There may be fewer people that doubt her ability these days, of course. But for any stragglers, she’s ready to silence doubters.

“I like to prove people wrong,” Hyatt said. “When people say, ‘I don’t think you’re going to win this one,’ it draws me to work harder and get in there and knock [my opponent's] head off.”

For more on Invicta FC 5, including the night’s stacked fight card, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Comments

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

UFC Fight Night Japan Media Day Face-Offs Video | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) The stars of Fight Night Japan faced off after Tuesday's media day. No. 6 ranked light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux welcomes Yushin Okami back to the Octagon on Friday. TRENDING > read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux Takes Cerebral Approach To Opponent Change

Ovince Saint Preux has been in this position before – hit with a late change in opponents after the heavy lifting of training camp has already been completed. He'll face returning veteran Yushin Okam read news >>

Unbeaten Invicta FC vet Aspen Ladd joins UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

After an unsuccessful first try, undefeated Aspen Ladd is slated again for her UFC debut.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Teases His UFC Return, Names Several Possible Opponents | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is nearly ready to resume his UFC career but he's still undecided on who he will face when he steps back inside the Octagon. The reigning UFC lightweight champion took part in a Q&A in read news >>

Andrea Lee talks USADA rule that scrapped UFC 216 debut, clears air on previously failed drug test

Former Invicta FC flyweight champ Andrea Lee has entered the USADA testing pool, though she’d rather her addition have been less dramatic.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Former Invicta FC Champion Advances Closer to UFC Title on TUF 26 | MMAWeekly.com

After back-to-back weeks of upsets on The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion, one of the favorites reminded everyone that Cinderella stories are rare. Former Invicta FC flyweight champion Barb Ho read news >>

Champ Demetrious Johnson breaks down 'Mighty Armbar,' reveals potential knee injury

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson used his opponent’s fighting philosophy against him to break the all-time title defense record at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier apologizes to Anthony Johnson: 'The reality is, I was wrong'

A few days after stirring up a social media back-and-forth, UFC champion Daniel Cormier thinks he shouldn’t have called Anthony Johnson soft: “Not everybody should view competition like I do.”Filed u read news >>

Invicta FC strikes talent-sharing agreement with Japanese stalwart Pancrase

All-female MMA promotion Invicta FC is pairing up with Pancrase to share fighters.Filed under: News read news >>