#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 55 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP

The fight between UFC women’s featherweight champion Cris “Cyborg” Justino and Holly Holm isn’t official yet but they sure are behaving like two fighters preparing to do battle.

This week, Cyborg has been on Twitter discussing her frequent drug testing from USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) while pointing out that she hopes Holm is undergoing the same scrutiny.

Cyborg took aim at Holm by way of her team at Jackson-Winkeljohn in New Mexico where she has seen positive test results emerge in the past, most notably with former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who has failed two drug tests over the past 18 months.

The allegations finally forced Holm to respond via her own Instagram this week as she reminded Cyborg how often she’s been drug tested throughout her UFC career while always proving to be a clean athlete.

“So apparently there was a little bit of drama today because USADA went to Cyborg’s house and I know I’ve been the topic of interest a lot on her social media and I don’t mind. Fighters are trying to promote and hype fights and that’s fine. But let’s be real for a minute,” Holm said.

“She said she’s being tested by USADA and wants me to be tested just as much. She probably should have looked on their public records on the USADA webpage and seen I’ve been tested nine times compared to her eight. I’m in no race, I really don’t care, I just know I compete clean and they test me all the time. So I just never needed an applause for passing my tests. In the meantime, I’ll just spend my time training and she can spend her time complaining and making false accusations and false memes.”

I've actually just wasted a minute of my life on this video.

A post shared by Holly Holm (@hollyholm) on

While Holm isn’t best known for trash talking her opponents, she definitely took a shot at Cyborg for what she believes was looking for praise just for passing drug tests, which is exactly what every fighter should be doing anyways.

Negotiations are ongoing to put together a fight between Cyborg and Holm on Dec. 30 at UFC 219 in Las Vegas. Cyborg is currently trying to finalize a deal for a new contract after her current deal expires at the end of October.

Galleries

Cris Cyborg Fights

• a year ago

Holly Holm Fights

• 9 months ago

Comments

Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm UFC 219 Bout Reportedly Dead in the Water | MMAWeekly.com

A highly anticipated women's featherweight title bout between Cris Cyborg and Holly Holm is reportedly dead in the water. read news >>

Cris Cyborg-Holly Holm title fight officially booked for UFC 219

The long-talked-about women’s featherweight title fight between champion Cris Cyborg and Holly Holm is officially on.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg, Holly Holm Will Fight at UFC 219, Likely to Be Main Event

Holly Holm will take on Cris "Cyborg" Justino at UFC 219, according to Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Cyborg will defend her recently acquired women's featherweight title in what will likely read news >>

UFC Announces 'The Ultimate Fighter' Season 27, Search Underway for Undefeated Fighters | MMAWeekly.com

The next season of "The Ultimate Fighter" has been announced. The UFC will search for undefeated fighters with at least three professional fights on their records to make up the cast for the 27th sea read news >>

Opening odds: Champ Cris Cyborg is a hefty favorite over Holly Holm at UFC 219

• a day ago

Can Holly Holm pull off another major upset? If so, some bettors could enjoy a small windfall.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg Reveals New Long Term Contract Signed with the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Cris "Cyborg" Justino is staying put in the UFC. Just days after Cyborg's next fight was announced against Holly Holm at UFC 219 on Dec. 30, the ferocious women's featherweight champion revealed that read news >>

Four Fighters Miss Weight (UFC Sydney Weigh-in Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The 26 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura fight card officially weighed in today in Sydney, Australia. read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura Weigh-In Replay | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The main event between former champ Fabricio Werdum and Marcin Tybura is officially set, but four fighters missed weight during the UFC Sydney weigh-in. read news >>

James Mulheron pulled from UFC-Shanghai opener due to potential USADA violation

• 21 hours ago

James Mulheron has failed a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency drug test and has been notified of a potential UFC anti-doping policy violation.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>