After claiming both “Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” on Saturday at UFC on Fox 4, Joe Lauzon became the undisputed king of UFC post-fight bonuses with 11 total.

He also added a win to his record when he tapped Jamie Varner with a triangle choke, but getting his hand raised was not Lauzon’s main goal.

“Honestly, winning and losing doesn’t matter to me as much as having an exciting fight, a fight that I would want to watch,” Lauzon told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think there’s a lot of other guys that they’ll win pretty much every single time out, but they have boring fights most of the time. I don’t want to have that. Win, lose, regardless, I want to have exciting fights. The bonuses just come as a result.”

Lauzon’s two bonuses Saturday earned him an additional $100,000. At this point, he more or less anticipates a bonus every time he fights.

“I think it’s because I put myself out on a limb a lot of times,” Lauzon said. “I really, really want to get that finish. I really want to hurt people. Sometimes I go out too far and they end up cutting the branch out from under me, but I set out to finish someone every single time. I’m not even thinking about trying to win a decision when I fight. Every single time I’m out there, I’m trying to finish the guy. I’m trying to really hurt the guy. I feel like a lot of other guys aren’t doing that. It’s more like a point fight to them. Like, ‘Oh, we won the first round. We won the second round. OK, we’ll coast through the third.’ That’s not me. My coaches were telling me in the third, ‘Push, push, push.’”

That’s when Lauzon got the finish, catching Varner with the choke 2:44 into the final period. It was only the second time in his UFC career that he went past the second round.

“For the most part I push really, really hard, and sometimes that push ends partway through the first or early in the second and then I can’t recover,” Lauzon said. “But I’m working on getting better at that. There were a couple of times in this fight where I was getting a little bit tired, but I took a second and got my breath a little bit. Before I would have just pushed on mindlessly and then had a really tough time recovering.”

Lauzon has now won three of his last four in the UFC. He might emphasize entertaining over winning, but he’s still winning and he still believes a UFC title run is in his future.

“I definitely have some great momentum,” he said. “Some people are saying crazy talk, like title implications, like I’m going to be fighting for a title soon and they’re Tweeting at me and Dana [White], saying give me a title shot. It’s like, ‘Guys, you’ve got to relax.’ I had a good fight. It was an exciting fight, but I’ve got to put a few more wins together and I know that. It’s not a case of getting two wins together. It’s going to be three or four. I’ve still got to put away some good guys.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:27:22).

AJ McKee Looking to Pick Brandon Phillips Apart at Bellator 171 | MMAWeekly.com

AJ McKee (6-0) will seek to keep his winning ways going when he takes on Brandon Phillips (6-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 171 on Friday. read news >>

Jorge Masvidal Stops Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone (UFC Denver Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Jorge Masvidal ended Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's four-fight winning streak in the UFC Denver co-main event on Saturday, finished Cerrone in the second round. read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Valentina Shevchenko and UFC on FOX 23's other winning fighters?

With another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it’s time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for UFC on FOX 23’s winning fighters read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White promises extra cash for UFC on FOX 23's unofficial 'Fight of the Night'

At this past Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event, the night’s four main-card winners were all deservedly presented with $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonuses. But a pair of welterweights will also be read news >>

Joseph Benavidez still fixated on champ Johnson, but would fight Reis in title-eliminator

Riding a six-fight winning streak that goes back to his second loss to champ Demetrious Johnson, Joseph Benavidez still eyes a third title shot: “Demetrious is the only fight I want, always.”Filed un read news >>

Gegard Mousasi says champ Michael Bisping has 'a good chance of winning' against Yoel Romero

While UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is currently recovering from surgery, his fellow 185-pounders are busy sorting out the title picture for 2017. Up first, it seems, will be powerful Cub read news >>

Abel Trujillo full media scrum ahead of UFC Fight Night 104

HOUSTON – Lightweight Abel Trujillo is on a nice winning streak but continues to fly under the radar. He’s hoping to change that.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Former UFC champ Anderson Silva: 'It's not important how many fights I've lost'

Anderson Silva, the former longtime UFC champion who many consider to be the greatest UFC fighter of all time, hasn’t officially won a fight in more than four years. He claims that doesn’t bother him read news >>

Jessica Andrade and Angela Hill's Fight of the Night (UFC Houston Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Jessica Andrade and Angela Hill's Fight of the Night at UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston. read news >>