#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Nate Diaz #Paul Daley #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #Cris Cyborg #UFC 202 #Stipe Miocic

Fabricio Werdum has his sights firmly fixed on the UFC heavyweight championship following a second-round submission of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Saturday night’s UFC on Fuel TV 10 headliner.

“I’m very happy, because Nogueira is a legend in this sport. I like him, and he is my good friend, but he punches very hard,” Werdum told Fox Sports following his victory over “Minotauro” at Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza, Brazil. “I tried to [keep him] on the ground, but he stood up fast. But when I saw the opportunity on the ground, I took the armbar.”

With his 2006 loss to “Minotauro” avenged, Werdum has posted three straight wins since returning to the UFC last year. However, if Werdum is to receive the next title shot, he will have to wait for it, as champion Cain Velasquez is already committed to defend the belt against Junior dos Santos in a forthcoming rubber match.

Werdum, who spent one year on the sidelines in order to shoot “The Ultimate Fighter: Brasil” Season 2 opposite Nogueira, did not appear enthusiastic about the prospect of another long layoff. However, if the price for inactivity is a title shot, Werdum said he is game.

“I’m just waiting, because the next fight is Cain Velasquez versus ‘Cigano.’ If the UFC gave me the opportunity, I would fight for sure,” Werdum said at the post-fight press conference. “I mentioned about doing an ‘Ultimate Fighter’ in Mexico. I’m a commentator for the UFC in Spanish, because I lived for many years in Spain. I don’t know if [Velasquez will] beat Cigano, but I’m going to be there observing both. I already spent a year without fighting because of ‘TUF,’ but if the UFC says wait to fight the champ, then I will wait and train hard.”

KO of the Week: Stipe Miocic Takes Out Fabricio Werdum for the UFC Belt (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stipe Miocic claim the UFC heavyweight crown when he KO'd Fabricio Werdum. Miocic makes his second title defense when he faces Junior dos Santos. read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Tells Jon Jones It's Now or Never | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is tired of waiting around for Jon Jones. He's laid down an ultimatum, it's now or never. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum-Alistair Overeem trilogy fight, Lawler-Cerrone now official for UFC 213

A pair of high-profile matchups can take the “targeted” and “reportedly” tags off for UFC 213.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

McGregor vs. Mayweather Bout Waiting on Floyd to Agree, Dana White Says

UFC President Dana White said Wednesday night that he has completed negotiations with Conor McGregor in hopes of setting up a showdown against Floyd Mayweather Jr. later this year. Appearing on TNT's read news >>

The List: Who is the greatest UFC heavyweight champion of all time?

Brock Lesnar? Cain Velasquez? Randy Couture? Fabricio Werdum? MMAjunkie writers make their case for the greatest UFC heavyweight champion of all time.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Confirms Fabricio Werdum vs. Alistair Overeem and Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone | MMAWeekly.com

Neither fight cam a surprise, but the UFC on Wednesday confirmed two marquee bouts for its UFC 213 fight card slated for International Fight Week. read news >>

Anthony Pettis Returns to Lightweight, Takes on Jim Miller at UFC 213 | MMAWeekly.com

After a stint in the featherweight division, former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis will return to the 155-pound weight class to take on Jim Miller at UFC 213. read news >>

Episode No. 3 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption'

Check out the full results for Episode No. 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Could Be Done Fighting in UFC, Dana White Says

UFC President Dana White isn't sure if Nate Diaz will ever fight again. "If they want to fight next week or if they never want to fight again, that's up to them," he said when talking about Diaz and read news >>