#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Ovince St. Preux #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

Erick Silva is in no rush.

Though many have pointed to the 28-year-old Brazilian as a welterweight title contender in the making, Silva believes he has plenty of time to reach his full potential.

“I think it’s still too soon. To be honest, I’m not at all worried about the title belt right now,” Silva said during Saturday’s post-fight press conference after beating Jason High at UFC on Fuel TV 10. “All I want to do is do my work. I’m just going to wait for the UFC to schedule my next fight, and when they do, I’m going to focus on it. If I could do 20 fights before the belt, I would. When I go for the belt, I want to have it around my waist, so I want to have a lot of knowledge and experience. But [a title fight] is not at all part of my plans now.”

Despite his measured attitude, Silva nevertheless advanced his position in the welterweight division with his victory over High -- a superior performance that saw the Brazilian catch “The Kansas City Bandit” with a beautiful inverted triangle-armbar after sprawling on a takedown attempt and taking the American’s back. The 71-second triumph was the 16th victory of Silva’s career and served to dampen the memory of his unanimous decision defeat this past October to highly-regarded veteran Jon Fitch.

“[After my loss to Fitch], I had to improve in each different area, so I looked for good teachers who could help me focus on the different areas, [like] jiu-jitsu and muay Thai,” Silva told Fox Sports after his win at Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza, Brazil. “I’m really happy with how the fight went. I’m a really good striker, but I’m really good on the ground, too. I just trained a lot and did my best.”

Comments

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

How Can Conor McGregor Top the Floyd Mayweather Fight? How About UFC Ownership?

Lost in the clamorous rush toward last weekend's mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor was a potential blockbuster development in the relationship between McGregor and the UFC. F read news >>

Grady Hurley Plans to Prove That He's the Real Deal in LFA 21 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Grady Hurley (16-1) will look to take his overall winning streak to 14 wins in a row when he makes his LFA debut against Kevin Holland (9-3) on Friday. read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Nate Diaz Has to Come to Lightweight for the Trilogy | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor hasn't said for certain what he plans to do after fighting Floyd Mayweather this past weekend in Las Vegas, but a trilogy bout against Nate Diaz appears to be at the top of everyone's read news >>

Justin Gaethje Says Conor McGregor Is 'Terrified' of His Style, Plans to Go 30-0

There was a point in the not-so-distant past that Justin Gaethje was so unknown he was without a Wikipedia entry. Now the UFC newcomer is making headlines in and out of the cage. The Ultimate Fighter read news >>

Reebok didn't flub Demetrious Johnson's T-shirt; UFC champ plans on changing his nickname

It looked like the UFC’s official apparel partner flubbed again with Demetrious Johnson’s nickname. Not so, says “Mighty Mouse” (for now).Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

DJ plans to finish Borg on Saturday

Thursday at open workouts Demetrious Johnson spoke about his five-round championship conditioning. Johnson puts his belt on the line again when he takes on Ray Borg at UFC 215 on Saturday for the fly read news >>

UFC champ Amanda Nunes thinks she won 4 of 5 rounds, plans to take off rest of 2017

UFC women’s bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes has no doubt she dominated Valentina Shevchenko, winning four of five rounds in their rematch at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey mum on future plans, praises Shayna Baszler for WWE Mae Young Classic run

It’s the first time Ronda Rousey has been asked about her future on the record, and she provided a predictable response.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>