#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Daniel Cormier Strikeforce Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier was dominant in defeating Frank Mir in his Octagon debut at UFC on Fox 7 on Saturday night in San Jose, Calif., but the 34-year-old is still unsure whether his future remains in the heavyweight division or if he will make the cut down to 205 pounds.

“It’s really going to be a team decision. We’ve got to get together with the UFC and with my management team and figure out what the next step is,” Cormier said.

“I’m just happy to be working for (the UFC). This is what I’ve been waiting for my whole career. It’s a dream come true just to be here right now. I’ve had a very long athletic career. I’ve always laughed when Dana said there’s jitters that come with this. But man, I was nervous today. You want to do so well, and I didn’t fight the fight I wanted to.

“More than anything I got tired. I’ve never felt tired in a fight. I think it was my nerves. I went in there and fought as well as I could.”

Despite the controlling win, Cormier, who is now 12-0 in his MMA career, doesn’t feel that his performance warrants a title shot.

“Even if they say you’re going to fight Cain Velasquez next, I don’t think that performance warranted a title shot. We’ll get together and figure it out. If they say, ‘Well Daniel, if your intention is to be a 205-pounder down the line and we need you to do it now,’ then I guess that’s what I need to do.”

Galleries

Daniel Cormier Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Neil Magny Result: Winner and Reaction from UFC 215

Rafael dos Anjos is here to stay at 170 pounds. Facing Neil Magny in the show's co-main event, the former lightweight champion put on an absolutely dominant performance, scoring a first-round submiss read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. The UFC has officially stripped Jon Jones of the title after his fight against Cormier was overturned to a no contest by the Californi read news >>

Jon Jones stripped, Daniel Cormier reinstated as champion after UFC 214 result overturned

Daniel Cormier calls the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones and award the title back to him “the right thing to do.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

UFC spokesperson Lenee Breckenridge confirmed to Marc Raimondi of MMA Fighting on Wednesday that Daniel Cormier has been reinstated as the UFC light heavyweight champion. Jon Jones defeated Cormier a read news >>

Refusing to pile on Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier urges fans to lay off criticism for failed drug test

Newly minted UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier thanked fans for their support and urged them not to beat up on Jon Jones for his failed drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Pleads with Fans to Lay Off of Jon Jones | MMAWeekly.com

Newly reinstated UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier couldn't be more grateful to his supporters, but he'd appreciate it if fans would lay off of Jon Jones. Cormier has been riding a roller read news >>

Daniel Cormier Still At Odds with Being Handed the UFC Belt Jon Jones Took From Him | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier understands and agrees with why he is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. He just has a hard time reconciling it emotionally. read news >>

Did Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee's UFC Interim Title Fight Just Lose 10 Pounds? | MMAWeekly.com

A fight between Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee has been booked for UFC 216. The bout is supposed to crown an interim UFC lightweight champion. According to a Las Vegas billboard, however, it appears the read news >>

Luke Rockhold Plans Move to Light Heavyweight After Daniel Cormier Retires | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has some unfinished business in the UFC middleweight division, but it doesn't sound like the former champion plans on staying at 185 pounds that much longer. On Saturday night, Rockhold read news >>

Jon Jones' Win Against Daniel Cormier Overturned to No Contest Due to Failed Drug Test | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones' victory against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in July has officially been overturned to a no contest after the embattled light heavyweight champion tested positive for the steroid Turinabol. C read news >>