Daniel Cormier Strikeforce Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier was dominant in defeating Frank Mir in his Octagon debut at UFC on Fox 7 on Saturday night in San Jose, Calif., but the 34-year-old is still unsure whether his future remains in the heavyweight division or if he will make the cut down to 205 pounds.

“It’s really going to be a team decision. We’ve got to get together with the UFC and with my management team and figure out what the next step is,” Cormier said.

“I’m just happy to be working for (the UFC). This is what I’ve been waiting for my whole career. It’s a dream come true just to be here right now. I’ve had a very long athletic career. I’ve always laughed when Dana said there’s jitters that come with this. But man, I was nervous today. You want to do so well, and I didn’t fight the fight I wanted to.

“More than anything I got tired. I’ve never felt tired in a fight. I think it was my nerves. I went in there and fought as well as I could.”

Despite the controlling win, Cormier, who is now 12-0 in his MMA career, doesn’t feel that his performance warrants a title shot.

“Even if they say you’re going to fight Cain Velasquez next, I don’t think that performance warranted a title shot. We’ll get together and figure it out. If they say, ‘Well Daniel, if your intention is to be a 205-pounder down the line and we need you to do it now,’ then I guess that’s what I need to do.”

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Returns in UFC 210 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

This is one time where waiting pays off, as light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns at UFC 210 to put his belt on the line. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

Joseph Duffy would rather stay true to self, test free agency than sign proposed UFC deal

UFC lightweight Joseph Duffy has been feeling the full brunt of a frigid Montreal January.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Anik takes helm for UFC 208 pay-per-view broadcast with Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier

With longtime UFC play-by-play voice Mike Goldberg gone from the broadcast table after UFC 207 in December, the promotion had some shoes to fill. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208 video highlights: Glover Teixeira vs. Jared Cannonier

If Jared Cannonier had been able to stay on his feet for 15 minutes, his fight with Glover Teixeira might have been a different story. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Bantamweight Champ Amanda Nunes Wants to Go to 145 Pounds (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes wants the winner of the inaugural UFC featherweight title fight between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie for her next fight. read news >>

UFC 208's Jim Miller: 'I can beat anybody that weighs in at 155 pounds,' including Conor McGregor

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC veteran Jim Miller is back to feeling at his best, and in his opinion, that’s very bad news for the rest of the UFC lightweight division.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

UFC 208's Germaine de Randamie: I knocked out a guy who had 40 pounds on me – I have the credentials

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Germaine de Randamie said people who question whether she deserves a shot at the inaugural UFC women’s featherweight title don’t know their history.Filed under: Featured, Featured Vi read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>