#UFC Fight Night 126 #Conor McGregor #FNG #Donald Cerrone #UFC on Fox 28 #UFC 221 #Yancy Medeiros #ONE Championship 68 #Khabib Nurmagomedov

Borrachinha sees Hendricks as the first big step towards a title shot

(R-L) <a href='../fighter/paulo-henrique-costa'>Paulo Borrachinha</a> of Brazil punches <a href='../fighter/oluwale-bamgbose'>Oluwale Bamgbose</a> in their middleweight bout during the UFC 212 event at Jeunesse Arena on June 3, 2017 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC) Paulo Borrachinha is preparing for only his third UFC fight, but the responsibility is the same as that of a more established fighter in the organization, as he faces former champion Johny Hendricks on the biggest card of the year, UFC 217, on Nov. 4.

That’s not bad for someone who arrived in the UFC in March, and even the 26-year-old admits his ascension to such an event is surprising to some, but not to him.

"If you asked me about that before I got to the UFC, I would say I would never imagine being in this position," he said. "But now that I’m here, and after getting good results, I figured that a harder test would come at some point, and it did".

As the difficulty increases, the Brazilian knows that he needs to focus on his evolution to continue having good results. That's why Borrachinha packed his bags and headed to the United States, where we spent three weeks sharpening his techniques, especially the ones that involve wrestling, under the watch of coach Eric Albarracin at flyweight contender Henry Cejudo's gym in Arizona.

Watch it again on Fight Pass: Borrachinha vs Bamgbose | Start Your Free Fight Pass Trial Now

"Every fight in the UFC is a test,” said Borrachinha. “For me, it's all the same; the only thing changing is the opponent. It's always the same task. I always train a lot for any opponent, whether it's a big name or not, and that's it. I have 10 fights, nine knockouts, eight of them in the first round, because I train for each fight as if it was the fight of my life, as if it was for a belt.

"I'm training as hard as I can for this fight, the same way I've trained for the last one, and how I'm gonna train for all of the next ones,” he continues. “I'm just going to do my best.”

And if he is indeed the best fighter on the night of Nov. 4, Borrachinha has well-defined plans: seeing his name on the list of the top 15 middleweight fighters, and maybe facing someone who is also there.

"After this fight, I want to fight against someone who is well ranked, top 10 if possible. I believe that after this fight with Hendricks, I will be in the rankings, and then I’ll make my way to the title."

Watch Past Fights

Comments

There may never be a better time for 'Jacare' Souza to stroll to a UFC title shot

Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza may very well be the best middleweight to never fight for any form of UFC title. Fortunately for him, the division is wide open now, and just in time for him to make one final read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Plans to Make Conor McGregor Earn Title Shot after UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov says that he will be fighting for the undisputed title at UFC 223 but if Conor McGregor wants a shot, he's going to have to get in line. read news >>

Dustin Poirier: Eddie Alvarez won't finagle his way to UFC title shot before I earn mine

In a race to the UFC lightweight title, Dustin Poirier believes he’ll ultimately come out ahead of Eddie Alvarez. read news >>

Countdown to UFC 221 Romero vs. Rockhold (Full Episode) | MMAWeekly.com

Go inside the lives and gyms of four athletes preparing for UFC 221. Former champ Luke Rockhold and KO artist Yoel Romero aim to capture middleweight gold. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko: Nicco Montano Is the Legit UFC Flyweight Champion But 'Not For Long' | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchenko gives Nicco Montano credit for her run to win the UFC flyweight title but she may not be holding onto it for very long read news >>

Jessica-Rose Clark sees Alexis Davis as her next logical UFC matchup

Jessica-Rose Clark has only been in the UFC for a little more than two months, but she’s already got a clear idea of her path to the top. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Is 2018 turning out to be a critical crossroads for the UFC?

Does Nate Diaz stand a chance of getting a UFC welterweight title shot? Is the UFC at a crossroads as ratings sink amid new TV deal negotiations? Did someone seriously just suggest CM Punk vs. Floyd read news >>

UFC 221 Fight Card: PPV Schedule, Odds and Predictions for Romero vs. Rockhold

As is the story with most UFC pay-per-view cards, something has to go wrong. And UFC 221 is no exception. In addition to this main card losing its main event a few weeks back after interim (or undisp read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Teases Return to the Boxing Ring or the UFC Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather is the master at staying in the spotlight even when he's supposedly retired. Over the past few weeks, the 50-0 boxer has been dropping videos on social media that show him stepping i read news >>

No longer operating off raw talent, UFC-Austin's Sage Northcutt wants to be best at everything

Is the sky the limit for Sage Northcutt now that he’s completely dedicated to MMA? He seems to think so ahead of UFC Fight Night 126. read news >>