#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping

(R-L) <a href='../fighter/paulo-henrique-costa'>Paulo Borrachinha</a> of Brazil punches <a href='../fighter/oluwale-bamgbose'>Oluwale Bamgbose</a> in their middleweight bout during the UFC 212 event at Jeunesse Arena on June 3, 2017 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC) Paulo Borrachinha is preparing for only his third UFC fight, but the responsibility is the same as that of a more established fighter in the organization, as he faces former champion Johny Hendricks on the biggest card of the year, UFC 217, on Nov. 4.

That’s not bad for someone who arrived in the UFC in March, and even the 26-year-old admits his ascension to such an event is surprising to some, but not to him.

"If you asked me about that before I got to the UFC, I would say I would never imagine being in this position," he said. "But now that I’m here, and after getting good results, I figured that a harder test would come at some point, and it did".

As the difficulty increases, the Brazilian knows that he needs to focus on his evolution to continue having good results. That's why Borrachinha packed his bags and headed to the United States, where we spent three weeks sharpening his techniques, especially the ones that involve wrestling, under the watch of coach Eric Albarracin at flyweight contender Henry Cejudo's gym in Arizona.

Watch it again on Fight Pass: Borrachinha vs Bamgbose | Start Your Free Fight Pass Trial Now

"Every fight in the UFC is a test,” said Borrachinha. “For me, it's all the same; the only thing changing is the opponent. It's always the same task. I always train a lot for any opponent, whether it's a big name or not, and that's it. I have 10 fights, nine knockouts, eight of them in the first round, because I train for each fight as if it was the fight of my life, as if it was for a belt.

"I'm training as hard as I can for this fight, the same way I've trained for the last one, and how I'm gonna train for all of the next ones,” he continues. “I'm just going to do my best.”

And if he is indeed the best fighter on the night of Nov. 4, Borrachinha has well-defined plans: seeing his name on the list of the top 15 middleweight fighters, and maybe facing someone who is also there.

"After this fight, I want to fight against someone who is well ranked, top 10 if possible. I believe that after this fight with Hendricks, I will be in the rankings, and then I’ll make my way to the title."

Watch Past Fights

Comments

Mickey Gall Sees UFC 217 As the First Defense of His 'Dana White Lookin' For a Fight' Title | MMAWeekly.com

Mickey Gall never takes for granted how he was discovered when the opportunity came to join the UFC roster. Just minutes after his professional mixed martial arts debut, Gall took a shot by calling o read news >>

Marcin Tybura sees major opportunity in UFC-Sydney headliner vs. Fabricio Werdum

Marcin Tybura is the underdog vs. Fabricio Werdum, but as Tybura puts it, “if you want to challenge yourself, you pick the better opponents.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dustin Poirier Sees His Path to UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Dustin Poirier talks about his third-round finish of former champion Anthony Pettis following UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 217's 'Paulo Borrachinha' is now 'Paulo Costa' – and it's rubber-related

Meeting a former UFC champ in a pay-per-view main-card opener at Madison Square Garden is fine and all, but Brazil’s Paulo Costa – formerly Paulo Borrachinha – wants more.Filed under: News, UFC, Vide read news >>

Back from long layoff, Tatiana Suarez wants to take scenic route to UFC title

Tatiana Suarez isn’t looking to rush into a UFC title shot after returning from a long layoff at UFC Fight Night 120.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Rips Colin Cowherd For 'Dirty' Tactics During TV Deal Negotiations | MMAWeekly.com

As the UFC begins negotiations on a new TV deal that will begin in 2019, UFC president Dana White is already seeing some dirty tactics being played. White reacted to a statement he heard from FOX hos read news >>

Enough with 'could,' says Francis Ngannou: UFC 218 win will earn me title shot

“I feel I’m next to the goal” of being UFC heavyweight champion, says Francis Ngannou.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Fabricio Werdum not so sure Alistair Overeem-Francis Ngannou winner deserves UFC title shot

Fabricio Werdum makes his case for why he deserves the next shot at Stipe Miocic with a win at UFC-Sydney.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Marcin Tybura Wants Title Shot With a Win Over Fabricio Werdum | MMAWeekly.com

Marcin Tybura wants a title shot if he gets past Fabricio Werdum at UFC Fight Night 121 in Australia. read news >>

Bisping sees 'win-win' in UFC-Shanghai meeting with Gastelum – who isn't mad, either

UFC Fight Night 122 headliner Kelvin Gastelum lost a second scheduled bout with former UFC champion Anderson Silva, but he is fine with the replacement he got in ex-champ Michael Bisping: “I feel lik read news >>