#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #UFC Fight Night 117 #Gokhan Saki #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Michael Bisping

Bellator Fighting has signed Sengoku veteran Michael Costa to its 170-pound division, the promotion announced Tuesday.

Costa, 29, currently serves as the head muay Thai instructor at Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas. The Brazilian joins Bellator's roster just days after his teammate, Vitor Vianna, signed with the promotion. It is currently unknown if Costa will compete in Bellator's upcoming fifth-season welterweight tournament.

“Anyone that has seen me fight before knows that I fight with all my heart, and that I fight to finish my fights by knockout,” said Costa in a release. “For me, fighting is a war. I want to finish all of my fights with Bellator so the fans remember my name.”

Formerly a member of the revered Chute Boxe camp in Brazil, Costa holds black belts in both muay Thai and jiu-jitsu. Costa made his Sengoku debut in 2008, nearly five years after he began his pro career in Brazil. The welterweight has fallen on rough times in the ring since he began fighting abroad, posting consecutive submission defeats to Nick Thompson and Makoto Takimoto in Sengoku before fighting Simeon Thoreson to a draw in 2009. The Brazilian rebounded in his most recent contest, however, earning a TKO victory over Danny Salinas in just 88 seconds in November.

“Now that I have this incredible opportunity with Bellator, I'm going to work harder than ever to make the most of it for myself, my fans, and my family. When people talk about Bellator, I want them to talk about Michael Costa. I want them to talk about me like they talk about Hector Lombard. I'm here to make a name for myself with Bellator, and that's what I'm about to do.”

Comments

Bellator signs undefeated grappling ace Leonardo Leite

• 13 hours ago

Bellator’s light heavyweight division has added an undefeated Brazilian standout.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator signs prospect Tyree Fortune, twin brother of heavyweight Tyrell Fortune

Bellator has doubled its Fortune.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182's Joey Davis' modest goals for MMA career? 'I want to be the next big thing'

Four-time NCAA Division II national champion and unbeaten wrestler Joey Davis already is daring to dream big ahead of Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator Veteran Sergio Da Silva Arrested After Alleged Involvement in Bank Robbery | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator veteran Sergio Da Silva has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery that took place in New York just a few days ago. According to a report from TMZ, Da Silva was arrested after alleg read news >>

Rory MacDonald's all-caps Reddit AMA included a Robbie Lawler PED accusation

Former UFC welterweight title challenger and current Bellator contender Rory MacDonald didn’t hold back during today’s Reddit AMA.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

MMA Fighter Sergio Da Silva Reportedly Arrested for Alleged Bank Robbery

Mixed martial artist Sergio Da Silva, who competed at Bellator 180 in June, reportedly was arrested Thursday after allegedly robbing a bank in New York City. According to TMZ Sports, Da Silva is accu read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2524 with Ovince Saint Preux, NFL vet James Laurinaitis

Stream or download Thursday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Ovince Saint Preux and NFL veteran James Laurinaitis.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

UFC announces FITE TV as PPV streaming partner after Mayweather-McGregor debacle

The leading MMA promotion has announced a new partner for pay-per-view events.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC and FITE TV Announce New Television Distribution Partnership

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new digital partnership with combat sports network FITE TV, to broadcast the global brand’s Pay-Per-View events on its read news >>

UFC-Rotterdam results: Abdul-Kerim Edilov debuts with beatdown of Bojan Mihajlovic

Debuting 205-pounder Abdul-Kerim Edilov announced his UFC arrival with an absolute beatdown of Serbia’s Bojan Mihajlovic.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>