Nik Lentz doesn’t mind fighting Brazilians in their home country.

In January he outpointed Diego Nunes in Brazil, and on Saturday he’ll be back in the country trying to beat another native in Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 8. Ahead of the matchup, Lentz joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss his opponent, fighting in front of a hostile audience and more.

On Dias: “He’s super dangerous, but I don’t think that he does or possesses any talent that I don’t have.”

On whether he’s studied footage of Dias: “There was actually a lot of stuff online of his fights. We have like 10 of his fights that we went over, that I went over with all my coaches. We’ve got a very good idea of what this guy does and how he does it.”

On fighting Dias in Brazil: “It doesn’t mean anything to me. It couldn’t have been more hostile than the last time I went there. They loved Diego [Nunes] down there. Everything about it, when I was there, was about that guy. Everyone loved him. The whole crowd was 100 percent for him. In fact, it was actually kind of cool because every time he ever did anything, the crowd would just go crazy and then when it got countered, they would just all sigh. Fifteen thousand people would just go, ‘Ahhhh.’ … That kind of gave me a little extra energy.”

On how crowd support can have a negative effect on some fighters: “Lots of Brazilian fighters, when they fight in Brazil, because of the spectacle of the sport, because of how much their fans care, they put a lot of pressure on themselves. A lot of times they crack under that pressure, especially when you get in their face and show them it’s going to be a long night for them.”

On how dropping to 145 pounds changed his career: “It forced me to change things I had never needed to before. My whole life changed, everything about the way I eat, the way I train. It just kind of forced me into a situation where I had to change everything.”

On why he changed: “I had goals I wanted to accomplish, and it was very clear that I wasn’t doing what was necessary. … When I look back at my career at 155 pounds and see all the things I did wrong, when I switched over to ATT and working with Mike Dolce, I just felt horrible about myself for a couple of weeks because I’d be like, ‘This is what I do,’ and it’d be wrong. And, ‘This is how I train,’ and it was just exactly the opposite of what I was supposed to be doing. I was just naïve, I guess, when it comes to being a top contender in the world and what’s necessary. I kind of kicked myself for all of the mistakes I made, but it was kind of a learning process and I’m glad I went through it and now I’m a reborn fighter.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:47:55).

Conor McGregor Comments on Floyd Mayweather, UFC, More in Manchester Interview

Conor McGregor is never shy about saying what's on his mind, and that continued in an interview with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting. The 28-year-old UFC champion discussed a variety of topics Saturday read news >>

UFC Houston: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie Main Event Weigh-in Staredown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Before No. 9 ranked Dennis Bermudez welcomes Chan Sung Jung back to the Octagon on Saturday night, they made it official at the weigh-in on Friday in Houston. read news >>

UFC 208 results: Islam Makhachev works over Nik Lentz for dominant unanimous decision

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Islam Makhachev dominated Nik Lentz for the full three rounds in a one-sided fight that only got worse for Lentz as time went on. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208's Nik Lentz finally met his match on social media ahead of Islam Makhachev fight

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Nik Lentz still loves roiling would-be opponents on social media. But as he recently found out, Russians are not to be trifled with online. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

Thiago Santos: UFC Fight Night 105 stoppage wasn't early, came 'perfectly at the right time'

HALIFAX – Thiago Santos said he doesn’t understand those labeling his UFC Fight Night 105 win over Jack Marshman as an early stoppage.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

New dad Nik Lentz approaches UFC 208 fight with Islam Makhachev on little sleep

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC featherweight Nik Lentz is used to suffering in camp. Not sleeping is kind of a new one.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2382 with Alex Garcia and Jarred Brooks

Stream or download Friday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Alex Garcia and Jarred Brooks.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie: Keys to Victory for Fighters at UFC 208

History is in the making Saturday night as the UFC makes its way to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, for the very first time for UFC 208. The main event, featuring former bantamweight champ read news >>

Michelle Waterson explains why UFC 208 headliner Holly Holm is 'one of my biggest mentors'

BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Michelle Waterson has plenty of praise for teammate Holly Holm heading into Holm’s UFC 208 title fight against Germaine de Randamie. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie Met Backstage on Friday (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 6 of UFC 208 Embedded, the athletes make their way to Kings Theatre in Brooklyn for the ceremonial weigh-in. Holm and de Randamie met backstage. read news >>